Would you want Benji Marshall to join our team this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
guys we are short of one playmaker to be title contenders, we need a fullback who can ball play. He would be cheap, just for this year.If it doesnt work out move perret back to fullback and tell benji to look for another club next year while we look for a fullback.Dont forget all he wants is 60-100 thousand for this year.
Said he'd play fullback. We need another play maker. We need a fullback. He's worth 60k for 2014. Sign him up for the rest of the season and then piss him off.

He'd never sign with us though. Not that I really want him anyway. But we've done crazier things before. Then again maybe not.

Fk is there an echo in here?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The 2UE Sports Today show with Greg Alexander and Johnny Gibbs just said the big rumour is that Marshall might end up at the Dogs..

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 2UE Sports Today show with Greg Alexander and Johnny Gibbs just said the big rumour is that Marshall might end up at the Dogs..
Every off contract player is linked to the Dogs...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for Benji, do I want him at dogs?
Humm no not really,
Would I take him as back up to play nsw cup, yes I would,
Would I want to see him playing nsw cup?
No I would rather see him play nrl for another club he deserves better that a cheap salary for nsw cup,

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These guys get their info from zero tackle and the mole. The trolls on that website are out in force today.

Some even believe Josh Reynolds is off the Parramatta

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Raelene is looking into Benji for promo purposes only. Kids love him, memberships will go up, he can do some meet and greets. Don't want him playing for us though. Maybe he can be our mascot?

Shootermc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Raelene is looking into Benji for promo purposes only. Kids love him, memberships will go up, he can do some meet and greets. Don't want him playing for us though. Maybe he can be our mascot?
But how is he going to tackle Sparky the Eel lol Des will have to teach him to tackle

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what i've seen Benji's main reason from leaving Union was a lack of playing time. So the people who are saying sign him and let him play NSW Cup/be back up are kidding themselves. I doubt he'll sign with some sort of assurances about playing in first grade. He could have continued playing reserve grade in union and getting paid a hell of a lot more for doing so.

CheesyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From what i've seen Benji's main reason from leaving Union was a lack of playing time. So the people who are saying sign him and let him play NSW Cup/be back up are kidding themselves. I doubt he'll sign with some sort of assurances about playing in first grade. He could have continued playing reserve grade in union and getting paid a hell of a lot more for doing so.
He actually took a pay cut. He was offered 750k per year at the tigers but signed for less for NZRU.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He actually took a pay cut. He was offered 750k per year at the tigers but signed for less for NZRU.
Had thought that they offered 750k he wanted more.... the Tigers pulled all offers of the table, but when he left he was still under contract with West Tigers. Not sure if what he was paid in Union was more or less what he was going to be paid with his original contract at Wests though.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I was saying is that his motivating factor for leaving Union was a lack of playing time/success. Why would he then come back to League and play back/NSW Cup he could have continued playing Union and be in the same situation. I wasn't talking about his decision to move from the Tigers to Union

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw a few articles on Benji today.

Which team would consider him? All said no except Sharks, Dragqueens & Storm. Wherever he goes good luck to him.

The only worrying thing is he has mentioned he wants to link up with his lucrative Footy Show deal again. What about playing footy?

What is his best position on the field?
Fullback--> Can read play well but too slow & cant tackle.
Halves--> Can read play well but too slow & cant tackle.
Centre--> Can read play well but too slow & cant tackle.
Where do you put him on the field?

Sounds like he shouldn't have pissed on the West Tigers! He had it too easy there.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, No Way!!
The little Flea has an attitude problem and I do not believe Des would want the Guy, Stay in NZ Benchy.

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
PK just said on NRL 360 that the dogs have interest in him for this year

Will then sign with the sharks for 2014

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a few articles on Benji today.

Which team would consider him? All said no except Sharks, Dragqueens & Storm. Wherever he goes good luck to him.

The only worrying thing is he has mentioned he wants to link up with his lucrative Footy Show deal again. What about playing footy?

What is his best position on the field?
Fullback--> Can read play well but too slow & cant tackle.
Halves--> Can read play well but too slow & cant tackle.
Centre--> Can read play well but too slow & cant tackle.
Where do you put him on the field?

Sounds like he shouldn't have pissed on the West Tigers! He had it too easy there.
id put my money on Benji in a race between Perret, Browne and Thompson, tackling is an issue but he is a freak of a player on his day, sign him till the end of the year with an option in our favour.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards no. I could potentially entertain him as a back up at the right price. The problem with him playing fullback is his defence - will or can he put his body on the line when the big defensive plays are needed. He would provide experienced depth in the halves (certainly wouldn't start him). However, I don't think he wants to play for a club where he won't start and overall I think his presence may just be disruptive.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He could replace Mitch Brown. Anyone could replace him.
Agree actually there isn't a winger in the game that I wouldn't pick over him I seriously think he is the worst winger in the comp. Now we will hear people saying how reliable he is

Status
Not open for further replies.