More Weidler Rubbish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
As I've always said the guy is a grub and a bottom feeder living off the exploits of others. He has always got an agenda so I wouldn't get too riled by it. There is generally no substance to any of the garbage he writes.

trailie

Waterboy
Reaction score
An absolute shell of a man. Weidler is nothing but a jumped up bogan with a platform. The NRL has made a nasty habit of lauding specimens like Weidler. Take it with a pinch of salt and move on with life because grubs like Weidler aren't worth the time, space nor stress.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's look at Weidlers stats recently...
Alleged Ben Barba cover up: Fail
Fifita contract: Fail
Betting scandal: Fail
So now he pulls this one out of his arse

Claims Dogs keen on Dank
This column has seen some interesting legal documents that will claim Des Hasler and the Dogs were keen to employ Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson at the club in 2012. At the time, neither man was under investigation by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority. What is of further interest is the allegation that Darren "the Gazelle" Hibbert was engaged by the Bulldogs in some capacity. When approached, Hibbert said: "I had no official role with the Bulldogs in 2012." The documents being exchanged relate to the upcoming case between Sportsdata and the NRL in their Federal Court dispute about who has the right to do the stats for the code. The head of Sportsdata, Andrew Moufarrige, is alleging that the NRL cut him off in part because of his relationship with Dank. This will be brought up in court. A letter written by Martin Downing, from Ebsworth Lawyers, for Sportsdata says: "Mr Moufarrige was introduced to Mr Dank by Des Hasler when he was at the Manly Sea Eagles. The 2012 Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs were the last NRL club to contact Mr Moufarrige regarding the services of Mr Dank and Mr Dean Robinson. Mr Moufarrige was called about both men by the Bulldogs who were looking to get their contact numbers in an attempt to engage their services. The Bulldogs did engage the services of Mr Hibbert in 2012, who is central to the ASADA investigations. Mr Moufarrige does not know and has never met Mr Hibbert."
He's got a head that needs regular panel beating.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
If the Bulldogs Club were to show what ratio of stories he does on the Dogs versus other clubs. Then demonstrate what ratio of positive and negative stories he does on Bulldog players versus other club players. List all the stories to show how he refused to write stories when we were cleared or even be a part of that discovery through investigation.

What will be clear is he is not a journalist. He is a PR contractor peddling the political influence of a small group of cronies wanting to influence the NRL for power and profit.

IMO, subject to what I think will be shown in the stats of his stories, the Bulldogs will be able to present a solid case to sue him for defamation.

Who has the skill to collate this and hand it to the club on a silver platter? :grinning:

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
there needs to be some laws put in place with journalism as there is far too much lies and mud thrown around. If someone went to jail for false accusations then they would pull their head in.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
there needs to be some laws put in place with journalism as there is far too much lies and mud thrown around. If someone went to jail for false accusations then they would pull their head in.
Agreed, I know there are this whole free speech stuff but when the media need to do it just to make money at the expense of someone that is crossing the line.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Furthermore, I have never witnessed a pseudo journalist stretch the guilty by association angle that far. Who in their right mind would feel at ease with pointing with criminal reference to a contact that a third party wanted to associate with before it became public and before they were giving illegal advice? If you were to run this logic against all people with the view of tainting them for being guilty of probable guilt, there would be no one left. I am completely gobsmacked how Weidler could stoop this low and expose his vendetta against the Bulldogs in such spectacular fashion.

I sense a tipping point for the Club on this. Expect legal action against the Telegraph and Weidler. I personally would be disappointed if Raelene did not send out a serious warning signal against such despicable and constant defamation attempts.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
There are already laws in place guys. Free speech is fine. It allows you to say what you want - but that does not mean you are not held accountable if you harmed someone's reputation through unsubstantiated facts. Journalists have a code of ethics and conduct to abide by. They swear to act honourably and disclose the truth. Their profession is not about sharing opinions on people without strict and ethical guidelines.

Weidler has shown ZERO attempt to correct the mistakes when additional information cleared the Dogs.- This shows malice - intent to do maximum harm! This is serious!

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Replace the swear filter with a weidler filter, queue Assassin!
Here, I can't say shit , but can say Weidler ....... that doesn't seem right. That word added to the filter would make a lot of sense.

(ok, I can :roflol: ........ there used to be a filter, right? )

Billy Bean

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Furthermore, I have never witnessed a pseudo journalist stretch the guilty by association angle that far. Who in their right mind would feel at ease with pointing with criminal reference to a contact that a third party wanted to associate with before it became public and before they were giving illegal advice? If you were to run this logic against all people with the view of tainting them for being guilty of probable guilt, there would be no one left. I am completely gobsmacked how Weidler could stoop this low and expose his vendetta against the Bulldogs in such spectacular fashion.

I sense a tipping point for the Club on this. Expect legal action against the Telegraph and Weidler. I personally would be disappointed if Raelene did not send out a serious warning signal against such despicable and constant defamation attempts.
What an absurd claim !! This is up there with " Terror In The Stands"

Talk about clutching at straws. This little man won't have a job in 5 years ..... Desperate hack.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the Bulldogs Club were to show what ratio of stories he does on the Dogs versus other clubs. Then demonstrate what ratio of positive and negative stories he does on Bulldog players versus other club players. List all the stories to show how he refused to write stories when we were cleared or even be a part of that discovery through investigation.

What will be clear is he is not a journalist. He is a PR contractor peddling the political influence of a small group of cronies wanting to influence the NRL for power and profit.

IMO, subject to what I think will be shown in the stats of his stories, the Bulldogs will be able to present a solid case to sue him for defamation.

Who has the skill to collate this and hand it to the club on a silver platter? :grinning:
Could be worth a shot, the only thing that is allowing Widdler to keep reporting is most people still think he has some level of journalistic integrity. Put it out their in black and white with clear evidence that he has an agenda, and that the agenda is kinda blatant if you notice it, and bang goes his appearance of Journalistic integrity.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel like just deleting anything to do with the Weedler, we shouldn't be giving him a thought.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon Weidler is a pretty good journalist and a great bloke who is generally pretty spot-on with his stories. Said no one ever.......

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Weidler is a pretty good journalist and a great bloke who is generally pretty spot-on with his stories. Said no one ever.......
Even with the last 4 contradictory words, did you feel dirty after typing that?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's long over due!!! The Dreidler needs to put a sock in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.