Bulldogs roll out 6 new signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oooh, another 5/8. We need more of those.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not much to get excited about here. We lost two wingers (Rona & Perritt) and gained one (Lee). Woodford still a season at least from being a first grader and the rest will be lucky to see regular first grade time.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 21-year-old winger is best known for a four-try effort against Parramatta in round 24 and will add depth to Canterbury’s outside backs following the departures of Sam Perrett and Curtis Rona.

“Stability and experience are always important in a roster and we have recruited to bring some youth, like Brenko Lee and Zac Woolford, whose early potential will flourish in the Bulldogs environment,” Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle said.

Originally published as Bulldogs roll out six new signings
Besides generally agreeing with most kennelers' response of 'Who?', its that line from Castle that got my attention. I suppose Lichaa's potential also 'flourished' in our environment?

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
just to put things in perspective, when we had just won the spoon and we had NO COACH, we signed following players

1- Michael ennis
2- Frank Pritchard
3- Aiden tolman
4- Brett Kimmorley
5- David Stagg
6- Greg Eastwood (who joined us mid way through the season)

this club was more attractive for top class players when had no coach and we were at the bottom of the table.
Every player in NRL wanted to sign with us, before Des and Raelene, but then again I am only a bad supporter so...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brenko Lee isn't a winger ffs
Agree. He has been quoted saying "Bulldogs have given me a chance to play in my preferred position". So he should be lining up in Round 1 at centre next year for first grade

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree. He has been quoted saying "Bulldogs have given me a chance to play in my preferred position". So he should be lining up in Round 1 at centre next year for first grade
Hasler will, in true form, put him in his unpreferred position on his unpreferred side. But as long as we complete at 80%, we are still good!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now all we have to do is inspire them to lead us to victory.
Gotta start somewhere.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anyone else better actually available? Genuine question.

Some of these guys maybe good, I'm not doubting that. But I didn't think there were any "big" signings available.
And the Broncs are interested in Benji, looks like as cover for the SOO period. Talking about him playing centre or fullback cos "his game isn't suited to half"?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There were plenty avail but Aunty gothic and professor hasbeen couldn't deal a deal in a brothel with a hand full of hundgies!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh he is rubbish on the wing...needs to play at centre. He can play either side as he can carry the ball and fend with both arms though i think he prefers the right edge. So just slot him in at right centre...we have Smith, Montoya and Phillips that can play wing, if we can't make a decent winger out of that lot then then what the fuck is club doing at training? Rekon if Smith or Montoya were at the storm instead of Vunivalu im sure Bellamy would of thrown them out there for half the year by now

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch the members total go up to 30,000 now LOL.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lee will play right centre.. but what happens If Abbey shines at FB If given an opportunity and everybody is fit and its not a Sunday.

We actually have plenty of players next yr.. wouldn't be surprised if the reserves go all the all the way.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
... but what happens If Abbey shines at FB If given an opportunity and everybody is fit and its not a Sunday...
Then Hoppa will find out when you don't commit 100% to play for your team, your team doesn't commit 100% to finding a spot for you.

Reactions: CCC
Status
Not open for further replies.