Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Napa is the leader that our young guys need. Klemmer makes plenty of meters and always has his hand up to make a carry... but Dylan is probably the number 1 player in the comp to change the momentum of a game with his aggression and you can see the ripple effect it has had on the Roosters and Maroons squads when he does so.
Lol @ leader. Bloke was deadset their 4th string prop this season. Dead average and not required.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly how i felt when we signed Woods.....

I only survived casue we let him go after a few months.... who knows same could happen to Nappa.... have hope...
I'm sick of releasing players. Just fucking sign ***** we actually need and coach what we have.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea not saying he was suspended more, just available less. Would rather a guy with no previous injury concerns and no strapping when he plays.
Yeah I agree, I think all the suspension stuff is getting blown out of proportion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
talking about leading with actions when required... not many can change the momentum of a game like him.
Garbage. Roosters win the comp with or without him, his influence is no where near that big. He has failed to live up to expectations in recent years and has massively under performed.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great signing along with Sauso Sue, CHN, good mobile hard running pack add to that, RFM, JJ its not looking to bad
Even without Klem and now with the addition of Napa we have one of the better packs imho. It’s the spine and backs that’s a worry

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Garbage. Roosters win the comp with or without him, his influence is no where near that big. He has failed to live up to expectations in recent years and has massively under performed.
In your opinion, but Qld SOO coaches in Meninga and Walters both don't agree with you. For some reason, not sure why, I tend to value their opinion more than yours.

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course they will, they have a sombrero and will likely sign Cam Smith. Fact is, we have great forwards coming through as far as meterage is concerned, but I wouldn't consider them super aggressive.. Dylan will easily be our most aggressive player, and when he does something, it has max impact, and it inspires the players around him.. That's what a Dogs of War mentality is and that's why the club targeted him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he’s signed to add some steel to a pack that’s been playing like bitches since Black Friday ‘ 2015.

He may not put up Klemmer numbers or offload (mind you Woods is an offloading prop and we offloaded him away pretty quickly).

As long as Dylan contributes collectively especially his defence and ability to strike fear in opposition packs then I’m sure we have enough depth with Tolman, Su, Renouf et al to give us a formidable looking pack

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well as long as Napa headbutts and ko's Klemmer round 9.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's it for me.......I've followed and loved this club for over 40 years but they have totally lost their way......I was heartened and welcomed the new ticket take over from last year and while I'm not upset that Klemmer has gone but for the life of me I am absolutely shocked at the signing of Dylan Napa to the Bulldogs.......while he has been part of a premiership winning side and played for his state the guy has had TWO major indiscretions from this season with Roosters and is only one more away from a long stint on the sidelines......he's either got a tackling technique problems or the guy is a thug as he should consider himself extremely lucky he didn't spend longer on the sidelines than what he actually did not once but twice........then again when you're at the Roosters, Uncle Nick tends to have plenty of pull.......very much doubt that will be the case at the Bulldogs if he is to have another brain explosion.