Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
26 year-old Queensland representative prop Dylan Napa has agreed to join the Bulldogs on a three year deal.

The talented and hard running forward, who actually made his NRL debut against the Bulldogs back in 2013, will add a steely edge to a pack that has already been bolstered by the additions of Corey Harawira-Naera and Sauaso 'Jesse' Sue.

Napa, made 122 appearances for the Roosters in his six seasons at the club, including being part of last season's Premiership winning side.

Napa, will join the Bulldogs immediately, replacing David Klemmer who has been released.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to secure a forward of Napa's ability:

"Dylan, has played on the biggest stages and experienced success at Origin and Grand Final level and we are confident that he can bring that uncompromising and winning mentality to the Bulldogs.

Dylan, will also add extra steel to what is already shaping to be an outstanding group of forwards."

Head Coach Dean Pay was also looking forward to what Napa will bring to the Bulldogs :

"Signing someone of Dylan's toughness and ability is a major coup for the club. We really feel that we have got a high calibre footballer who will be a great addition to both our pack and our playing group as a whole."

Andrew Hill also thanked David Klemmer for his contribution to the Bulldogs :

"I would like to thank David for his time at the Bulldogs. He played his first NRL match for the club in 2013 and ended up making 113 appearances, in addition to his representative honours. We have always said to David that we wanted him to stay at the club, but ultimately he and his family have made a decision around needing a change of environment."

It has been a complex and challenging situation which we have tried to manage in the best interests of both parties.

We now wish David and his family all the best in the next stage of his life."

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dylan Napa joins the Bulldogs on a three year deal

26 year-old Queensland representative prop Dylan Napa has agreed to join the Bulldogs on a three year deal.

The talented and hard running forward, who actually made his NRL debut against the Bulldogs back in 2013, will add a steely edge to a pack that has already been bolstered by the additions of Corey Harawira-Naera and Sauaso 'Jesse' Sue.

Napa, made 122 appearances for the Roosters in his six seasons at the club, including being part of last season's Premiership winning side.

Napa, will join the Bulldogs immediately, replacing David Klemmer who has been released.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to secure a forward of Napa's ability:

"Dylan, has played on the biggest stages and experienced success at Origin and Grand Final level and we are confident that he can bring that uncompromising and winning mentality to the Bulldogs.

Dylan, will also add extra steel to what is already shaping to be an outstanding group of forwards."

Head Coach Dean Pay was also looking forward to what Napa will bring to the Bulldogs :

"Signing someone of Dylan's toughness and ability is a major coup for the club. We really feel that we have got a high calibre footballer who will be a great addition to both our pack and our playing group as a whole."

Andrew Hill also thanked David Klemmer for his contribution to the Bulldogs :

"I would like to thank David for his time at the Bulldogs. He played his first NRL match for the club in 2013 and ended up making 113 appearances, in addition to his representative honours. We have always said to David that we wanted him to stay at the club, but ultimately he and his family have made a decision around needing a change of environment."

It has been a complex and challenging situation which we have tried to manage in the best interests of both parties.

We now wish David and his family all the best in the next stage of his life."

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great. Release Klemmer so he can earn a similar amount to what we have him on and tie up most of his money on an inferior player for three years.

The club has made the decision. I don't agree with it but hopefully Napa proves me wrong.

Either way, the signings the club has made with the new regime will dictate how they are judged and none moreso than Napa.

Napa will have big shoes to fill and have a lot of scrutiny from the get go because if he does struggle and Klemmer helps Newcastle become a contender, then a lot of fans will be fuming.

Last edited:

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be a decent signing for the Bulldogs.
I honesty don’t think it’s a downgrade like some people are alluding to. Klemmer is a decent frontrower but he’s nowhere near elite.
Sure he racks up big numbers with his metres gained but bear in mind that a lot of his metres are made from kick restarts. Stats can be misleading.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury have signed Sydney Roosters prop Dylan Napa to a three-year contract and released David Klemmer to join Newcastle.

The Bulldogs are set to announce the acquisition of Queensland front-rower Napa on Monday afternoon. The 26-year-old will be released from the last year of his deal with the Roosters to head to Belmore and replace Klemmer.

Unsettled NSW hardman Klemmer had sought a fresh opportunity in Newcastle but had to wait until Canterbury could finalise a new addition to their roster before he could be released from the final two years of his contract.

The 24-year-old's contract with the Knights is reportedly worth more than $4 million over five years.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/na...e-as-new-deals-confirmed-20181126-p50ifh.html

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's gonna miss 5 games from suspension and another 1 or 2 from origin. for fuck sake

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Official news: Bulldogs have wiped off all years until 6767.

At least it's not that long.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This will be a decent signing for the Bulldogs.
I honesty don’t think it’s a downgrade like some people are alluding to. Klemmer is a decent frontrower but he’s nowhere near elite..

I stopped reading there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not too happy with this initially but not writing him off until we see him produce on the field. Hopefully we have money left over from Klemmers contract for a quality centre as well and things will be looking a lot better. I’m just glad the whole Klemmer circus is over and we can focus on pre season.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
you thought Graham/ Ennis had problems with the refs in blue n white jersey

Napa + Bulldogs jersey = penalties and suspension galore.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Great. Release Klemmer so he can earn a similar amount to what we have him on and tie up most of his money on an inferior player for three years.

The club has made the decision. I don't agree with it but hopefully Napa proves me wrong.

Either way, the signings the club has made with the new regime will dictate how they are judged and none moreso than Napa.

Napa will have big shoes to fill and have a lot of scrutiny from the get go because if he does struggle and Klemmer helps Newcastle become a contender, then a lot of fans will be fuming.
Fk Klemmer the pussy whipped **** , if Napa wants to play for the dogs , welcome aboard , no fkr is bigger than the club , we’ve lost better players than Klemmer , ogre Sbw mason all better