Dogs respond to paul kents disgusting rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...clubs-commitment/story-fni3g67w-1227258914251

IF bad news travels fast it also travels far.
Raelene Castle, the Bulldogs chief executive, is in San Francisco for business and called after Wednesday’s column, keen to clarify the Bulldogs no-show at The Children’s Hospital, Westmead.
She beat coach Des Hasler by about five minutes.
The Bulldogs do a lot of charity work and were greatly concerned they looked callous and uncaring in light of Parramatta’s decision to go ahead anyway, particularly after the Eels changed their training schedule to accommodate Canterbury.

Parramatta assured her it was none of their doing. They assured Castle they did not even change their schedule, even though they told me they did.
I can understand the Bulldogs’ stress. They were concerned it was a bad look for the club, that I hadn’t checked.
Problem was, I had. More, the Bulldogs called us.
Clubs do a lot of community work and often when it coincides with a promotion, such as Friday’s Bandaged Bear Cup, media is invited.
It ticks several boxes. It gets their NRL-required media appearance out of the way while also publicising something worthy. Everybody wins.

Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle has attempted to explain the club’s absence.

That was the case Tuesday. Here in the office, we had no idea Canterbury was planning a visit until the Bulldogs called.
A photographer was booked.
Then the Dogs called back to cancel, saying, “Des was concerned about the short turnaround”.
So, Wednesday, Castle explained requests and scheduling clashes happen a good 10 times a week and were sometimes unavoidable, and this was one of them.
“While we did have a rearrangement this week we give hundreds of hours of community service and are really proud of the work that we do in the community,” she said.
“We’re really proud of the work the players and the Bulldogs family do in the community over a 12-month period.”

And I know. I wrote about Trent Hodkinson’s charity work last year, unprompted by the Dogs, and received this text from Castle: “Thanks for giving Trent a plug in the paper this morning for his community work! A lot of the guys do a lot for charity and don’t always get recognised!” she wrote.
“No problems Raelene,” I replied. “They do a lot which goes unseen. He deserves it after the season he has had.”
Hodkinson went on to win the NRL’s Ken Stephens Medal last year for community service.
Hasler also said he had no idea. Like Castle, he was upset he did not receive a call and said he did not know the visit was on, let alone that he had apparently cancelled it.
But, again, it was the Bulldogs club who said that.

Des Hasler also followed up reports the Bulldogs has missed the charity visit.

Hasler gets a little stick from time to time, by those who know him, for being tight with a dollar.
He has hung on to his first dollar so tightly, they claim, he has rubbed Queen Elizabeth right off the coin.
But he has a charitable heart.
He was on NRL360 in grand final week last year and the moment his segment ended he popped up in his chair and asked how much his fee was.
“Give it to Men of League,” he said, pulling off his microphone and was gone.
He was the only one all season to donate his fee to the charity.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So now Paul Kent is trying to suck up for the stuff up he made by jumping the gun just for an article. We all know how much our club does for charity, and if they were unable to attend one event the media should understand already how much we do and not come out with a defamation/credibility attack story.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raelene's a great CEO :grinning: and Paul sorry mate but the dogs don't like back stabbing ass kissers!!! :slick:

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Publish first, ask questions later

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too late, mother fu*ker !
Your backflip has failed, your on the Bulldogs 'shit list' now.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its pretty sad when the journalist who report our game which they are meant to love themelves constantly try to find the negative rather than promoting the positive. In these days of social media journalist days are pretty much numbered. They have to remember they are nothing with out the game not the other way around . If the nrl had some balls they should stand up and say This is how we are going to do things know. You keep kicking us we will rub you out .I know drama and contraversy sells. But there are a million untold things that these players do on a daily bases that is good.and those stories should be getting told more often to ballance it out.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuk you Kent we want blood not accepting ass kicking.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Kent had proven himself to be like every other B grade dribbler reporting on the game by writing a piece of garbage without checking all the facts.

Now he makes some half assed attempt to back peddle.

I won't watching NRL 360 anymore whilst he's on it.

If love to send a letter to fox signed by every other annoyed Bulldogs fan indicating a boycott of NRL 360.

That would be too hard but that prick should suffer some consequences.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent you are a wanker

I have never come across a sporting code anywhere around the world, who consistently reports negatives and lies which do no positives for the game like what the Rugby League journos do in this country.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Media ban on the Daily Telegraph getting interviews from the club? That'd stick it up them.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do people care what this guy says. The club won't win or lose a genuine supporter based on the crap he writes. I know what the club does in the community and don't need articles in the paper to make me realise.

Malla

Reaction score
And he wonders why clubs, officials and players don't like him.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people care what this guy says. The club won't win or lose a genuine supporter based on the crap he writes. I know what the club does in the community and don't need articles in the paper to make me realise.

Because he is degrading the club in the worst possible manner

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Agree the club won't lose a single genuine supporter but what he writes in the paper can impact public perception, particularly with those who don't understand the good work the Bulldogs (and a number of other clubs) already do in the community.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree the club won't lose a single genuine supporter but what he writes in the paper can impact public perception, particularly with those who don't understand the good work the Bulldogs (and a number of other clubs) already do in the community.
I'm suprised the guy has a job with half the stuff he has said

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I F#kn Love it.

Even though most of us knew it but "Kent" you're officially on the Shit list.

Raleane you are a BOSS. I love it.

A

Alexander the Great

Can someone get me this maggots phone number or email address?

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets get serious here for a moment and talk about real issues, would anyone here tap Raelene? :behindsofa::kiss::stroke::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.