DOGS SNARE KNIGHTS YOUNG GUN - Kerrod Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never heard of him is he good?
The few NSW cup games I saw he looked good. He looked fast with good footwork, sets up his winger and can kick hopefully he turns out to be a good buy. Never can tell until they get a run in the topside though so who knows when that will be, but imo a good pick up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dunno. From the article, it looks like we made a decent offer. Doubt we would do that for a 23 year old to sit in NSW cup.. could be replacing perret.
Perrett isnt a centre mate. And i am pretty sure Des has no problem with Perrett, as i dont. Lafai needs a rocket up his bum though. Hes the only back i think never fired a shot in 2015. At least Perrett scored a bunch of tries and can break the line. Lafai was useless in 2015.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another "jarrod" mcinally. 23 years old and hasn't cracked a fg game in a Newcastle side that just won the wooden spoon. Fcuking me I'm sooooo excited not!
+1

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Perrett isnt a centre mate. And i am pretty sure Des has no problem with Perrett, as i dont. Lafai needs a rocket up his bum though. Hes the only back i think never fired a shot in 2015. At least Perrett scored a bunch of tries and can break the line. Lafai was useless in 2015.
No shit Perret isn't a centre? Wtf does that have to do with anything?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No shit Perret isn't a centre? Wtf does that have to do with anything?
The guy we signed is a centre. Doubt we replace a winger with a centre unless hes a backup for injuries, which is likely why we got him, depth.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When will Phillips get a run already and this bloke is now part of the same waiting game...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The guy we signed is a centre. Doubt we replace a winger with a centre unless hes a backup for injuries, which is likely why we got him, depth.
You do realise he actually plays across the whole backline? Do you even know anything about the bloke we just signed other than whats on here?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
id play him on the wing over perret any day

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is actually a really good signing. A few more like this please.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Furthers my point that Abbey is MUCH further away from first grade than people realise.

Also Lafai will want to fire up this season as Holland will push for first grade. He's better than Nathan Ross (which Knights held onto).

Who here has watched him play? He it a threat on the edge and a good signing. Could easily play left center if needed. Great signing for the club.
To be honest not sure where he will play, but there are a number of positions (like Mbye) he could pop up in.

Not blindingly quick, but has good footwork and excellent acceleration which can catch defenders off guard. Bundle that with a powerful running game, reliable defence, a decent set of hands, and pretty good goal kicking skills, and he is a VERY good pickup for the club. Not a ball hog either, and can read the game well, so times offloads to send his outside man away.

I'm actually impressed with this pickup, as Souths were chasing him hard, and actually offloaded John Olive for him (which backfired as we appear to have snagged him before them!).

He can cover across the backline (fullback/wing/centre), as well as in the halves (played there and fullback for Singleton and Cessnock).

Not sure what his kicks in play are like though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Furthers my point that Abbey is MUCH further away from first grade than people realise.

Also Lafai will want to fire up this season as Holland will push for first grade. He's better than Nathan Ross (which Knights held onto).

To be honest not sure where he will play, but there are a number of positions (like Mbye) he could pop up in.

Not blindingly quick, but has good footwork and excellent acceleration which can catch defenders off guard. Bundle that with a powerful running game, reliable defence, a decent set of hands, and pretty good goal kicking skills, and he is a VERY good pickup for the club. Not a ball hog either, and can read the game well, so times offloads to send his outside man away.

I'm actually impressed with this pickup, as Souths were chasing him hard, and actually offloaded John Olive for him (which backfired as we appear to have snagged him before them!).

He can cover across the backline (fullback/wing/centre), as well as in the halves (played there and fullback for Singleton and Cessnock).

Not sure what his kicks in play are like though.
My mate (Knights fan) rekon his best position is fb. I only seen him play a few times but i think he will he more than just a depth signing. From the article it seems like we offered him a fairly decent deal and blew the knights our of the race. Doubt we would do that for a 23 year old to sit in NSW cup?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My mate (Knights fan) rekon his best position is fb. I only seen him play a few times but i think he will he more than just a depth signing. From the article it seems like we offered him a fairly decent deal and blew the knights our of the race. Doubt we would do that for a 23 year old to sit in NSW cup?
Yeah thats what I took from it as well (that we went in with a big offer on him).

Mamo was holding him out of fullback in NSW Cup.

Played mostly on the right wing in NSW Cup.

A few highlights for those wondering here:
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/06/10/highlights_rd_13_.html
- Scores a hat trick starting at 1:49 (scoring all the other Knights tries) including an intercept which gives you an idea of his pace.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/07/07/highlights_knights_v.html
- Scores a try at 2:09 and 2:50 (he's on right wing in second half).
Watch for Nathan Ross acting like a wanker at 2:45ish.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
You reckon we wouldn't sign a player to play out of position? Perrett played fullback for a year and was finally replaced by another winger. Meanwhile we had a fullback playing on the wing the same time we had a winger at fullback.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
People don't need to be excited about this signing but they shouldn't be critical either. I'd much rather sign up and coming talent that is in demand over established mediocre first graders who only get signed because they're available.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People don't need to be excited about this signing but they shouldn't be critical either. I'd much rather sign up and coming talent that is in demand over established mediocre first graders who only get signed because they're available.
Im just excited we signed someone lol

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think they'll be looking to fast track him into first grade.

He kicks goals and didn't come cheap.

N

Natboy

He's been good to watch. Strong & fast.
The percentage of players making first grade from NYC is quite low & not everyone can get their crack when they are a teenager. He will have to wait for injuries and/or origin but if he gets his shot he won't look out of place. This is the type of signing I like to see

BulldogFit

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holland is a top signing and will surprise everyone like Rona did early this year . He is a quality centre both good in attack and defense . He will play FG and is a good investment

Status
Not open for further replies.