Why im confident about the penrith game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
it's pretty simple in my mind. If Reynolds plays better than a park footy player we'll win.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
didnt you make a thread similar to this about us being MP when were tearing up the comp? what transpired was a slippery slope and consequent struggle to make the 8.

i am not a superstitious man, but i don't like this. Mods, and I am being dead serious, can we delete this thread? this bloke is a reverse indicator and has basically signalled our downfall.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm confident about the Penrith game as both times they beat us this year the refereeing arguably decided the outcome and the second time was during the post Origin flat period we had.

Will be tough as Panthers play for 80 mins but the week off could stall their momentum.

anth2014

Waterboy
Reaction score
Haha!

I feel the same. It's a funny feeling... I just expected Manly to hit back and to eat into the lead. We had 7 line breaks in the first half and could not capitalise on most. It just goes to show how badly we can struggle without a renowned finisher in the team. I hope the Panthers game turns into a real slog as we will lose if its as open as last nights game.
This is what happens when an australian nsw representative jmoz gets the ball twice a gamw. Its a fukn joke no.matter how injured he is

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
segyaro is going to blow us off the park.........we struggled to contain symonds last night..we tended to sit back and wait for them in defence last night....segyaro will kill us if we do this against penrith

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Thought the refs didnt go too bad last night - just hope we dont get Shane Hayne .

On the Pansters , our game plan has been a bit too basic for my liking . I just hope it changes sometime soon . A clever coach ( with a fresh team ) could pick plenty of holes in us . Their little men worry me . But if we can keep the intensity up - who knows
Personally I think the game will be won in the middle of the field. We have a far superior forward pack which will lay the platform for us to stroll through to the GF.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we had a far superior pack against manly but we just scraped home....our kicking game needs be spot on.......and our halves need to take control.....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Personally I think the game will be won in the middle of the field. We have a far superior forward pack which will lay the platform for us to stroll through to the GF.
That may be true, however with Docker returning and Plum picking people off... we won't be getting through easy.

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
didnt you make a thread similar to this about us being MP when were tearing up the comp? what transpired was a slippery slope and consequent struggle to make the 8.

i am not a superstitious man, but i don't like this. Mods, and I am being dead serious, can we delete this thread? this bloke is a reverse indicator and has basically signalled our downfall.
Obviously you are a superstitious man. But if you look at the Panthers forum theres a lot of similar threads to this so they are very very confident of beating us.

Feels very similar to the lead up to the Melbourne game though at the moment.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously you are a superstitious man. But if you look at the Panthers forum theres a lot of similar threads to this so they are very very confident of beating us.

It does nervous times !!

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

kinda surprised their fans know how to use the internet tbh

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score

Any one who believes in superstitions as weird as "jynxs" clearly need god in their life or something, cause thats just fair tale stuff

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we complete and get good kicks away like last night then we are a good chance.
What I did not like was in the 20-40th minute we had more than enough chances to our the game to bed but we started to be careless in their 20m. Hopefully that kind of behaviour gets a mention at training this week.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not confident at all.

Our second halves have been absolutely pathetic. If a team matches us in the first 20mins then its game over for us

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha!

I feel the same. It's a funny feeling... I just expected Manly to hit back and to eat into the lead. We had 7 line breaks in the first half and could not capitalise on most. It just goes to show how badly we can struggle without a renowned finisher in the team. I hope the Panthers game turns into a real slog as we will lose if its as open as last nights game.
This is not a criticism of Perrett but if him and Stewart swap jerseys we would of scored 3 more tries.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Week 1 final vs Storm. We scored 5 tries. That is all.
Erm, we scored 2 tries off intercepts....so technically our attack produced 3 tries....our defence 2 v Storm.

Think the point people are making is that our attack needs to be more efficient.
To not score a try for 62 mins in a match is not good enough.
To aim to defend a lead with the current "lucky dip" rules/ refereeing system for an extended period of time is asking for trouble.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should of scored 6 tries in the first half.
we made 4 line breaks that led to nothing. Bloody reynolds trying to milk a penalty instead of just playing the ball and sending it to jmoz or lafai early with room to move.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
People on here keep saying we are not good enough!! We cannot score points... We have no finishers, no attack, questionable D! News Flash, we are in the Prelim Finals and we ARE NOT MAKING UP THE NUMBERS!! It's the way we play, we are never going to blow a team by 30 or 40 especially in the finals, but we will grind, force errors on them, attack with our defence, we are the Dogs of War... We can and will beat anyone as long as the attitude and confidence is there and it's there in the bucket load!!!

Malla

Reaction score
Penrith is a tough match up to ours because we play similar games. Both are powerful through the middle. Soward has been playing good footy on the back of his forward pack so for us, it's going to be up to our forwards. We gotta get in there and complete our sets and defend strong and we should be there in the end.

I would have T-Rex and Tank running at Will Smith all day as he has shown in the last few weeks he is a poor one on one defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.