Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best wishes to Lloyd
Now

All clubs play third prop as a lock...
Let's see how we stack up for props and second rows,
props Tolman, Graham, Klemmer, Kasiano, Eastwood, Fualalo, Tualau.
second rows Jackson, Faitala-Marina, Fine, Elliott, To'omaga, J. Morris ?
Low on impact and experience in the s/row, another reason why I would pick Morris there.
I hope this will lead to a better balanced team.
All we need is for Des to change his tactics
our back row is fine mate we have jackson and RFM with Elliot coming up.

We are so fuckin slow in the middle so to play a traditional prop at lock for us is shit. We need someone with a bit of zip like jacko. I don't care what other clubs do, i care what we do and what we need

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By the time the club realised he was over paid , they wanted to back out and screwed the bloke over, not his fault - good luck to him - he did his best

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
our back row is fine mate we have jackson and RFM with Elliot coming up.

We are so fuckin slow in the middle so to play a traditional prop at lock for us is shit. We need someone with a bit of zip like jacko. I don't care what other clubs do, i care what we do and what we need
XXX, The forwards do not speed up the game, it's the Hooker and the halves.
Des has to change his game plan to allow them control of the game not the forwards, if they aren't capable of doing it get rid of them and replace them with someone that can !

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
XXX, The forwards do not speed up the game, it's the Hooker and the halves.
Des has to change his game plan to allow them control of the game not the forwards, if they aren't capable of doing it get rid of them and replace them with someone that can !
I think des has already worked that out, hence why the forwards control the game! but we'll pay Mbye $700k any way! this administration is toooooooo stupid to see how hasler is destroying the club but that's ok we'll keep him for another year.... can you see the similarities.... the club is been destroyed from within and who ever tries to change that are told to go and get fucked....

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
does this mean we are under the cap by 300ks??

we were 100k over, loud parret was on 400k so 400-100 = 300ks.
The cap doesn't work that way. Top 25 are included so they'll need to include another players salary in place of Lloyds. So assuming the player that comes in is on say 200 and Lloyd was on 400 then they save 200.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow this place is bipolar. Lloyd Perett was one of the most hated and ripped on players and now it's bad he left? A quick search will tell you how so many posts there were about him being soft. We don't know if the club is paying any of his salary so unless that's announced it's an assumption. It could have been an early release for the opportunity to play first grade.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this means that Lachlan Lee and Darcy Maroske will be closer to debuting in 2017 :grinning:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate Farah but he took pay cuts unselfishly and backloaded his contracts at the request of the club so when it comes time for him to collect why should he be shafted?

Had the tigers paid him his contract evenly that 900 fugue would be a lot less
Im not suggesting he gets shafted. For sure he should be paid what he owes. I just think its rediculous souths in this case benifit so greatly (maybe not since he just tore his bicep) and the tigpies lose out. Similar to whats about to happen with perret and manly.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How good is our prop depth going now..

Graham
Tolman
Klemmer
Kasiano
Fualalo

5 props with NRL experience..

And we've lost hundreds and hundreds of games in experience and replaced them with Lee and Kennar who have about 30 NRL games to their names between them.
Well here's my two bob's worth:

Graham - Has been treated like shit by the referees. He has copped more high shots than Bruce Willis in the Die Hard collection; all of course going unnoticed. But there have been plenty of screams about him cheating/flaunting the concussion procedure. But no one showed any interest as to where the concussions came from.

Tolman - A slow motion plodder who's only stand out is to fuck us deluxe on the 5th tackle of every set. Would be flat out getting a start in any other club's NSW Cup simply because he is a lousy reserve as well.

Klemmer - The best we've got. A front rower good enough to play State of Origin and for Australia at his age has got it all.

Kasiano - Its your call. An injury prone fatso or a super star who only gets 20 minutes a game?

Fualalo - A big question mark here. Was going to be our next big thing thing but went sour last season. Why?

Measured up against what we've got Lloyd Perrett wasn't all that bad.

But lets drift away from playing ability to payments. Financially the Bulldogs have got Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd doling out the dosh. e.g. Lloyd Perrett getting $400K a season for not playing and Tony Williams getting $600K (or was it $650K) a season for being selected and not playing. $1million a year well spent? No... I don't think so.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman may be slow, predictable and one dimensional but he'd never dog it in defence like our mate lloyd
Lol you build a compelling case for Tolman.. but honestly I didn't see enough of Lloyd in first grade to pass judgement. he wasn't given enough of a chance when you consider others we're doing very little to keep their spot.. p.s tolmans attack is that bad he turns attack into defence..lol

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
How many other props score like 5 tries in 4 games?

How many other props make the NSW Cup team of the year?

Because Lloyd did both of those last season.

He was coming along really well in NSW Cup.

To those that criticize him... how far have you got in your NRL career?
That's just a lame, weak call. There's dozens of park footballers who'd show a hell of a lot more ticker than Perrett. He would have benefitted greatly in his younger years from sharing the same surname as Sam. It would have opened plenty of doors for him. Like it or not he's done fuck all with those opportunities. Props scoring tries are a bonus but at the end of the day it's not why they're there. They are there to set the platform. In his handful of 1st grade games he has never done that.
So we are meant to believe because he made the NSW cup team of the year he's somehow a super talent? It took him 3 or 4 years to get there ffs. You'd think a future star would make it once then move on to a regular 1st grade gig. As we've seen in the past when our players have made nsw cup team of there year they are destined for great things. Just look at Joel Romero, Damien Cook, Lachlan Burr, Adam Elliot and Shaun Lane. Super Stars.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we had

Lloyd Perrett on 400k
Marshmallow on 600k
Sam Perrett on 270k
Curtis Rona on 250k
Pritchard on 550k
Tim Browne on 150k

considering we have upgraded contracts of
Klemmer (previously 330k)
Jackson (previously 300k)
Mbye (previously 200k)
Tolman (doubt he received a payrise)

where has all the cap money gone now?

I'm seriously starting to believe Brett Morris is edging in the 900k plus mark and Hopoate is definitely not "on the cheap"

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Overrated, made little to no impact in first grade when given the chance. In fact he got worse after his debut season.

N

Natboy

I do feel sorry for him being treated like crap this year BUT he did sweet fuck all with the opportunities he was given in first grade. He played like a cream puff and didn't even look like going hard and showing us what he can do.

I don't care if he gets NSW Cup MVP, top try scorer, Australian of the year, world's best bloke and the gold logie, he needed to show some nuts in first grade with every opportunity he was given.
He is a prop not a winger so there is no excuse

We were forced to cringe every time his brother dropped the ball or ran in on defence leaving a yawning gap.
Lloyd is the only reason we signed Sam and now we look like ass clowns.

Sadly now that he plays for manly I hate him

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Rae Rae and the Des Gang are happy.

Another decent prospect turned away from the club.

I wish him only the best.
This forum shat on him almost every time he played fg, he showed no improvement or growth and was eating up cap so we realeased him. How are you blaming them for what is an all round decent decision?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow this place is bipolar. Lloyd Perett was one of the most hated and ripped on players and now it's bad he left? A quick search will tell you how so many posts there were about him being soft. We don't know if the club is paying any of his salary so unless that's announced it's an assumption. It could have been an early release for the opportunity to play first grade.
i never said a bad word about him, i argued the fact many of times front rowers need at least 4 years to hit their straps .and should be given a chance to be developed.
i dont know if he will be come a great prop or not but with his limited game time and playing fg when he could of been playing un 20s for another 2 years . he was never used right

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm going to laugh so hard when he makes a whole lot of people look real stupid in the future. Quote me on this ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.