Lloyd Perrett gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

I'm going to laugh so hard when he makes a whole lot of people look real stupid in the future. Quote me on this ffs
It will be a shame if he plays good for the beagles because he played like a soft cock when he was on the field for us

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i never said a bad word about him, i argued the fact many of times front rowers need at least 4 years to hit their straps .and should be given a chance to be developed.
i dont know if he will be come a great prop or not but with his limited game time and playing fg when he could of been playing un 20s for another 2 years . he was never used right

The lad is only 21 years of age and although played first grade for the last three years was only ever off the bench and with pretty limited opportunities. Knowing our luck he will get plenty of game time at Manly and will develop into the player he promised to be when he came to grade.
Stats for 2014 ( all from interchange not starting)
played 8 games (end of season Rd 15 then Rds 17-23)
82 tackles
45 hit ups
377 metres run

Stats for 2015 ( all from interchange bench not starting)
399 mins over 14 games @ 28.5 mins per game average
251 tackles with 12 missed
102 hit ups
2 off loads
1028 metres run
2 errors
2016 ( all from interchange bench not starting)
42 mins over 2 games @ 21 mins per game average
25 tackles 0 missed
10 hit ups
94 metres run
0 errors

eagle66

Waterboy
Reaction score
The lad is only 21 years of age and although played first grade for the last three years was only ever off the bench and with pretty limited opportunities. Knowing our luck he will get plenty of game time at Manly and will develop into the player he promised to be when he came to grade.
Stats for 2014 ( all from interchange not starting)
played 8 games (end of season Rd 15 then Rds 17-23)
82 tackles
45 hit ups
377 metres run

Stats for 2015 ( all from interchange bench not starting)
399 mins over 14 games @ 28.5 mins per game average
251 tackles with 12 missed
102 hit ups
2 off loads
1028 metres run
2 errors
2016 ( all from interchange bench not starting)
42 mins over 2 games @ 21 mins per game average
25 tackles 0 missed
10 hit ups
94 metres run
0 errors
His 2015 stats are impressive if correct. 399 mins is the equivalent to 5 full games. That would make it 50 tackles a match, 20 hit ups a match and 200 metres a match. I know he would not have been able to keep up the effort for a full match but it shows he was doing something on the field.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His 2015 stats are impressive if correct. 399 mins is the equivalent to 5 full games. That would make it 50 tackles a match, 20 hit ups a match and 200 metres a match. I know he would not have been able to keep up the effort for a full match but it shows he was doing something on the field.
Convoluted at best...
And you missed the nearly two and a half tackles missed a game under your methodology, which would put him somewhere near top 20 in that category... A number that would increase under fatigue while the nominated figures would do the opposite...

Last edited:

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I'm going to laugh so hard when he makes a whole lot of people look real stupid in the future. Quote me on this ffs
People said the same thing about Lane, Burr, Romero, cook etc. still waiting for those guys to make anyone look stupid other than the clubs that signed them

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why does someone create a thread on a bloke who is a nice enough person but, has clearly failed as a player with the club and I now see this player's picture in the media with a Manly shirt on? he is goooooone!! move on please FFS if we must have this thread then move it on like Lloyd........ into Rugby League General!! if he does well with Manly then good on him but he does not play for the Bulldogs any more for what ever reason.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ive been saying it for 3 years now that he will be an Origin player 1 day.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if he'll come good or not. He's good enough to make a career for himself but he showed signs in the NRL that he was playing as a worker rather than an impact player. If he finds some aggression he's got the frame to be pretty successful. Good luck to him. He obviously wasn't worth the coin we were paying him at this stage in the clubs eyes.

Maybe the club are changing their priorities about where they spend. I'm hoping we manage to bring out some class in the players we have, but I'd love to see another great halfback developed from within the club. If the club released Perrett it might be that they're preparing to make offers to players in positions that will give us more flair in attack as an immediate solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.