Everyone just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Im very confident based on what I've seen so far that we will be there at the business end of the season and will give it a great shot. Today missing Klemmer, Jackson, B Moz, J Moz, Hoppa. Plus Kasiano on ice at HT. Ease up - with a full deck I can't see us losing.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
It's tuff but with that many players out and the bench reduced to 16 and a last minute centre you can't be that tuff on the boys
Yet parra beat us, missing there million dollar half and only 1 man on the bench. You are fuking kidding

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Parra beat us because they wanted it more. Was all heart.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yet parra beat us, missing there million dollar half and only 1 man on the bench. You are fuking kidding
What about the Cowboys and Broncos? They both fucking lost to the Tigers and dragons .

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dug in today... bombed a few try's and missed a few tackles near the end after we ran out of puff but all in all proud of the boys considering 6 players were unavailable.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We had players out .
look at the Broncos got done by the Tigers Cowboys done by dragons we almost won the game but ran out of puff.
What's our excuse for getting smashed by the raiders at Helmore?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Now that I have reconciled myself to the fact that we cannot win critical games, let alone make the eight, I am more relaxed. Now, I just enjoy our wins, and put aside our losses. By next year, this will all be forgotten and we can get excited about 2017.
wtf we need 5 or 6 more wins to make the top 8 and have 5 or 6 more games against crap teams, we are obviously going to make the finals

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
wtf we need 5 or 6 more wins to make the top 8 and have 5 or 6 more games against crap teams, we are obviously going to make the finals
And lose in the first week, second week if we are very lucky.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra played to our weaknesses, Raiders did the same thing to us at Belmore

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You cant win the comp just making the 8, currently with our 2 byes and if we win all the games besides the broncos,cowboys and sharks matches we'll end up on 32 points, that's the same as last year.

32 points isn't enough to make the top 4 unless you have a high F/A like the storm did and we never have high F/A.

Basically we can only lose 4 more matches this year to have a chance at a top 4 position.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cant win the comp just making the 8, currently with our 2 byes and if we win all the games besides the broncos,cowboys and sharks matches we'll end up on 32 points, that's the same as last year.

32 points isn't enough to make the top 4 unless you have a high F/A like the storm did and we never have high F/A.

Basically we can only lose 4 more matches this year to have a chance at a top 4 position.
Nice analysis, thats about right, outright top 4 is the only road to a possible Gf win
fact is we are skating close to the edge for this year.
Better start winning soon.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Relax? I think everyone is a little more than relaxed nowadays.
I'm sure everyone is in the same boat as me, we've become so use to watching these guys play half a game like stars then turn into absolute imposters that it's not even worth getting angry about.
I literally got off the couch and went about my business like I hadn't even watched a game. Emotions use to run high, now I find myself showing about as much emotion towards the games as I do when I'm pretending to listen to my wife talk about her day at work, which is none what-so-fucking-ever.
Missing players or not, there'll always be another excuse after our next loss.
Too many optimists and not enough realists here.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Relax? I think everyone is a little more than relaxed nowadays.
I'm sure everyone is in the same boat as me, we've become so use to watching these guys play half a game like stars then turn into absolute imposters that it's not even worth getting angry about.
I literally got off the couch and went about my business like I hadn't even watched a game. Emotions use to run high, now I find myself showing about as much emotion towards the games as I do when I'm pretending to listen to my wife talk about her day at work, which is none what-so-fucking-ever.
Missing players or not, there'll always be another excuse after our next loss.
Too many optimists and not enough realists here.
yep ive given up caring and ive followed the dogs my entire life...today when it was 20-14 I turned the tv off and went and did something else as you could see a mile away what was going to happen, its gotten that bad that my mates who support other teams don't even bag me out because beating us isn't really anything to celebrate

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I expected Canberra to win just by being to good at home and us missing a few players but Canberra were shit and that was a poor performance.
Here and see this crap a lot do you work for fox or channel 9 that is the same rhetoric they come up with. The Raiders were bad because of how good the dogs were we started really well and were shutting down Austin and Sezer with ease. Losing Kas was huge for us and screwed the rotation add RFM coming off and with the shoulder and head knock and also Fualalo not match fit also didn't help.

That defence was amazing early on and the raiders had NO answers thus than making errors because of how much pressure the defence put on them. You just have to think that if Morris plays he contains BJ defensively and we win BJL was the difference yesterday against a depleted and tiring pack. All in all everything is on the up and up massive improvement on last time Hoppa will be back permanently in Squad moving forward, Bmoz very close to a return let's hope he is not considered for origin and the attack is starting to look very good still patchy but they looked very good with ball in hand.

Eastwood has been a master stroke on the edge defensively sensational and Remis Smith looks like a serious player which is good because when teams realise that Tyrone Phillips can't catch they will continue to target him so we needed someone else to call on. it's no coincidence that all tries conceded in that last third were on Holland and Phillips side where Jackson normally defends this team at full strength is very much a premiership contender.

I would be very concerned if I were a Broncos and Cowboys fan they played two inept teams who won't be anywhere near the 8 and were dominated. The Broncos halves continue to struggle in pressure clutch moments Brooke's outplayed both and don't forget tigers were also down on troops missing Robbie, Woodsy and teddy. Milford looked pedestrian and at times lost, hunt proved yet again he will not win you pressure games. Both teams showed that if they suffer any injuries during origin it will be season gone also origin being the toughest and most physical game you always expect between 4-8 season ending injuries so time will tell

Said it before a few times we aren't pretty we aren't perfect but against the current NRL teams and there quality and what they have to offer we will win this premiership with ease best clutch team in the NRL and at full strength the best overall balanced team for all the crying that goes on in here is so funny we are a clear 5th and 2 wins off first if we're as bad as we keep saying the rest of the teams must be shocking because those above are literally one win/loss away from us

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where do the raiders get that energy and urgency from ? Wish we could fire up like that when it counts

V gives you wings?

We just don't have any gears other than second, third or sometimes reverse at the moment. Remember the days when against all odds the boys could find that little bit extra and jag a win at the death after being on the back foot for a lot of the game? Still at least for the moment we are higher up on the table than 11 other sides are.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What we need, and what we'll get are two different universes. Even the Knights must be marking us up as a bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.