Paul Is A Real Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Kent is a goose and yes, the article is a stitch up disguised as click bait. ..

But I also think it was poor form from Des tbh (don't kill me :grinning: )...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's such a poorly written article. Not only for what he was trying to communicate, but also the actual text he put out. The issue is Bulldogs didn't go to visit sick kids, which is about a paragraph worth of writing. But he keeps on repeating himself over and over to try stretch it out.

The first 3/4 of the article is just winding up the article. Then at the end he finally makes his point. In all honesty the article could have been 25 words or less. It would have been more suited to those Saint and sinner sections they do in the weekend paper. Not rubbishing the Bulldogs for not sending players even though we are not even half way through the week. Plenty of sleep to go yet.

Like I said in the Saint/sinner/shoosh section in the paper he could have said something like

Sinner
The Bulldogs team for cancelling a hospital visit leading up to the bandage bear cup. The short turn around didn't give them enough time.

If he wrote that much about dogs not sending players he should also have written that we are the most active club in the community and with charities. Funny how he skimps out on facts. Yet sensationalises the rest of the article. Almost a defamation of character right there.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't the bulldogs sponsor Jaycar donate 100k just last October to Charity? The dogs then also paid 50k. The drunk has a short memory.

I don't recall parra doing this so where is the article about that?

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Community Intro

A A

Launched in 2009, Bulldogs in the Community is part of the Clubs formal community strategy which aims to make a positive difference in people’s lives and in our community.

Since its inception Bulldogs in the Community has achieved enormous success assisting charitable causes and raising millions of dollars. Bulldogs players spend on average more than 1500 hours in the community each season working closely with our charity partners, conducting school sessions, hospital visits, coaching clinics, junior carnivals and specialty programs.

With the continued support of Bulldogs Members and the Canterbury League Club, Bulldogs in the Community will continue to expand our reach and fulfil our goal of making a positive difference in people’s lives and in our community.

Bulldogs in the Community initiatives:

Canterbury-Bankstown Junior League:

The Club works closely with our fifteen local junior league clubs throughout the season to increase junior player and qualified volunteer numbers. Our Junior League will take centre stage on game days with our under 8’s forming the guard of honour, running on alongside the team and playing in an exhibition match at half time. A Club of the week is also featured on the Bulldogs website in the lead up to game day.

For more information Go to www.juniorbulldogs.com.au

School to Work:

The Learn Earn Legend School to Work program is an important legacy of the NRLs annual All Stars Game and was developed to create successful career pathways for Indigenous students in Years 11 and 12 in participating schools across Western Sydney and is a combined initiative of the NRL, the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) and supported by a number of NRL Clubs.

Bulldogs Aboriginal Officer Dean Feeney provides support and one-on-one mentoring to the handpicked students, with the overall aim for students to complete their senior schooling and move into further study, training, or meaningful employment.

Party Safe Program:

Piloted in 2012, Party Safe Program is the Bulldogs education program for Secondary Students which is proudly supported by ACPE. Party Safe addresses a number of social scenarios and critical situations teenagers face. The program is facilitated by a professional social worker and a Bulldogs personality.

Talk to a Bulldog:

First piloted in 2010, the Talk to a Bulldog program is coordinated in partnership with the Department of Education and Communities (DEC) and utilises teleconferencing technology to connect schools from across Sydney.

The two part program covers key topics and learning areas affecting students, such as bullying and living a healthy lifestyle.

Community Carnival:

Each year as part of a game wide initiative, the Bulldogs take part in a local community blitz visiting local schools in the Bulldogs catchment as well as three day carnival to a regional area to deliver the games healthy lifestyle, education, and cultural diversity and harmony initiatives.

Past regional locations the Bulldogs have visited include Fraser Coast, Sunshine Coast, Rockhampton, Wagga Wagga, Adelaide and Dubbo.

From school and hospital visits to junior league coaching clinics, Rugby Leagues Community Carnival inspires children to lead healthy and active lives and to embrace Australians of all cultural backgrounds, as well as providing a focus for the tens of thousands of hours that NRL clubs and players dedicate each year to helping those in need.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Kent is a goose and yes, the article is a stitch up disguised as click bait. ..

But I also think it was poor form from Des tbh (don't kill me :grinning: )...
Have to agree with you their regardless of the situation they should of still gone through with the visit even if it was just lesser known players who visited. So even though Kent might be a Kent he sorta does make a valid point

N

Natboy

The players are still visiting the hospital. He is just stirring up shit. He also played for parra remember

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have since said they might send a player later in the week and you can be sure they will after today, and will insist they always intended to.
Lol the Kent acts like he is the reason we'll end up sending some players to the hospital, then makes it out like obviously the Dogs will say they always intended to sarcastically.

Have to agree with you their regardless of the situation they should of still gone through with the visit even if it was just lesser known players who visited. So even though Kent might be a Kent he sorta does make a valid point
It's abit harsh when you consider the week is half way through and Bulldogs are painted out like we had no intentions of sending anybody to Westmead before the game. Isn't the whole point of the Bandaged Bear Cup to promote the Bandaged Bear Appeal? Not to defame one of the clubs involved in a near decade long voluntary fundraiser for sick kids at Westmead hospital. Parramatta PR and Kent should be ashamed of themselves for putting their own individual agendas before a charity. If it was shown that we sent nobody over after the game had finished I would agree it is very poor on the clubs behalf. But now we don't even get that chance as the week is over once this article is published

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's abit harsh when you consider the week is half way through and Bulldogs are painted out like we had no intentions of sending anybody to Westmead before the game. Isn't the whole point of the Bandaged Bear Cup to promote the Bandaged Bear Appeal? Not to defame one of the clubs involved in a near decade long voluntary fundraiser for sick kids at Westmead hospital. Parramatta PR and Kent should be ashamed of themselves for putting their own individual agendas before a charity. If it was shown that we sent nobody over after the game had finished I would agree it is very poor on the clubs behalf. But now we don't even get that chance as the week is over once this article is published
Fair point!

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Agree Edroy. Any small piece of respect for Kent I had has be erased. The guy is no better than the rest. Uses his position for own self serving agenda.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol the Kent acts like he is the reason we'll end up sending some players to the hospital, then makes it out like obviously the Dogs will say they always intended to sarcastically.

I'm not taking Kent or parramatta side it was a low act from both of them I acknowledge that. I'm thinking more for the kids they would of been told that Bulldogs players would of been coming and then to be told no there not would be a major let down. I'm disappointed in our club for not taking time out regardless of how short the turn around is just to do this

I know it's a professional sport but when you make a commitment I believe they should stick to it

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A **** one day an Ass Hole the next!!! Sounds like a Queenslander!!! :p

N

Natboy

I'm not taking Kent or parramatta side it was a low act from both of them I acknowledge that. I'm thinking more for the kids they would of been told that Bulldogs players would of been coming and then to be told no there not would be a major let down. I'm disappointed in our club for not taking time out regardless of how short the turn around is just to do this

I know it's a professional sport but when you make a commitment I believe they should stick to it
I wouldn't even believe his article to be honest

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Point I was making is that there is nothing to suggest that Bulldogs had no intention of sending any players to Westmead. They have been doing the Bandage Bear Cup for like 8 years now and sent players every time. Bulldogs cancelled a joint appearance with Parra on Tuesday. Who is to say that the players don't rock up on Thursday? But now that this article is published, anything the Bulldogs will do can be seen as saving face, like Paul suggests we will do. Instead of the real motive behind the whole thing

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This article is bullshit.... Paul Kent raves on about how this game is a business now.... well Des is trying to run a successful one! Im sure Kent leaves his schedule free to do his crumby job! Des and the boys will make other visits (which they always do).

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was quite unhappy upon reading this article, but perhaps it's time to stop feeding the troll.

Clicks, this thread, are what Kent wants from his article.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See this type of human is the real grub. Reynolds is only a grub on the field but off he is a top bloke. Anyways my point is Paul Kent is actually a really sour human being and a dam grub. Like people here have said he is using sick kids to make controversy.
Everyone knows the Bulldogs does more than most clubs when it comes to helping the sick kids, but unfortuenately there are dumb ***** out there I.e every other fan from other clubs will believe his bullshit.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking this while writing my post I just couldn't resist the dam fukhead

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The thing is that stuff like this probably happens all the time but Paul Kent went out of his way to cover all his bases so that no matter what the dogs did or were planning to do they look bad. He talks about the affect it has on the kids but what about the affect it has on young kids who love the Bulldogs but are constantly seeing stuff that says they're bad?
I think he had a real oppurtunity to make the Eels look good but he couldn't do that without making us look bad. Once again he has taken the low road.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon the prick will crap on about it tonight on nrl 360 just so he can push it for what it's worth.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See this type of human is the real grub. Reynolds is only a grub on the field but off he is a top bloke. Anyways my point is Paul Kent is actually a really sour human being and a dam grub. Like people here have said he is using sick kids to make controversy.
Everyone knows the Bulldogs does more than most clubs when it comes to helping the sick kids, but unfortuenately there are dumb ***** out there I.e every other fan from other clubs will believe his bullshit.
This is what I think of paul Kent and his bullshitView attachment 22367

Status
Not open for further replies.