Search results

1. B

Why are we always the caption.

Not having a paper bashing rampage. But the last fortnight every time there has been a NRL update we are always the team pictured. Without our sponsorship and all :p If they are reporting on a game wide thing why not use the nrl logo or the teams captain photo.
  2. B

NRL Player draft: Phil Gould

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/penrith-panthers-boss-phil-gould-calls-for-nrl-player-draft-20170412-gvjikm.html Say what you will about Gus but the guy is bang on in this case. One of the smartest ideas of how to spread the talent. Almost like waiving a player in American sport...
  3. B

Where is everyone sitting for the roosters game???

I dont know if there is already a thread (if it has mods delete please) but where is everyone sitting??? Is the army going to take over a GA bay. Isnt it usually bay 17 or under the scoreboard or something??? Also is anyone going in the away fans bay or just the GA ticket and making up our...
  4. B

Storm Playing Dirty

This might have been discussed elsewhere but how dirty are the Storm playing. A few that I can remember are Goodwin kneed after his try and just then Morris gotten his hand stomped on by a storm (didnt see the number) Ref Not noticing anything If this should be merged to the game thread...
  5. B

Our junior players.

Was just browsing some of the Junior profiles. Was wondering about Ioane Victor. Where did he come from???? He definately was not in the Flegg sqaud last year. Also anybody know what position he plays. And frankie winterstein is a unit and a half. Did not realise how massive he was. 6ft4 and...
  6. B

Warne to retire

It is speculated shane warne will announce retirement tommorw. It is also said Glenn Mccgrath will also announce retirement. :sad:
  7. B

2007 Bench

I got the leagues club magazine today and it raised a imteresting point in it. With Mason, Omeley at front row, Williams and ryan playing back row and reni lock the rest of the forwards fight for a spot on the bench. Now the magazine says the bench battle is going to be between Hickey, Morrin...
  8. B

Useless thread

Seeing how it is the offseason and everything is so slow in the Rugby league world i thougt it would be intresting who i ran into in court today. None other than Tony Archer. He is a pretty small fello. I was thinking of scaring some sh!t into him if he ever costs us another game.LOL But...
  9. B

The Dogs outdo the roosters again LoL

Hey guys and girls. I was at a cancer fundraiser on friday night and up for auction was various stuff including a doggies and roosters jersey. They where both very well presented and the doggies one was very tempting. Well the roosters one went for 350 which was a valuable contribution but...
  10. B

4th Final win in a row

Good game by the boys. Great game by Mason and sherwin. Omeley was also excellent. Roberts was solid at centre and Kouparitsas was one of the best off the bench. Long game time and quality work load. And armit...... well you all know how he went. Just the usual. Awsome impact. Took out a...
  11. B

Sherwin having a Blinder

How good is Sherwin going. He has pick up where he left off in 2004. He is really controlling the game and running at the line with confidence.
  12. B

No More anti tampering

Just heard on the news. The nrl have scrapt the Anti tampering deadline so it will be open season 24/7 all year round Sorry if it has been posted
  13. B

Fantasy team with a twist

Now i was wondering what the team would look like in a few years time. So i decided to make a team based on the players that are still at the club for 2009 and beyond. 1.Trent Cutler (25) 2.Chris Vaefaga (22) 3.Karl Mcnichol (21) 4.David Tehuia (22) 5.Matt Utai (28) 6.Marvin Karawana...
  14. B

Roberts and Maitua at team store

Sorry if it has been posted but what the title says LoL www.bulldogs.com.au
  15. B

Any Suspensions???

Sorry this might be in the wrong section but was either kimoron or covell charged over the maitua spear tackle????? It looked pretty bad but i didnt hear about any charges or points given to them.
  16. B

Best dogs try you can remember

I was thinikng today that there havent been many great bulldog like trys scored over the last few rounds. What are some of the best you can remember. Maybe from years gone by that some younges wont remember (60s 70s etc) One of my fav trys was against i think parra in 02????? (i have...
  17. B

Interesting stats.

Seeing as the dogs site have got the stat section back i can anylise player performances a bit better. One key stat that i have seen is very intresting. Matt Utai. This is the first game i can remember that he has run under 100m in a game (i am willing to say his first full nrl game...
  18. B

The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Todays loss was coming for a long time. The dogs have been loosing ugly against wooden spoon teams. On this form dogs will not make the 8. The dogs have been very lackluster in attack. They show no direction, nobody shows leadership and the last play options are the poorerst in the league...
  19. B

davui looses his chance

The recent bad luck concerning injuries has doubled with utai and his most obvious replacement davui out until round 8. the loss of utai was terrible news but davui has been ruled out til atleast round 8 which compounds the vacancy on the left wing. what are some possibilities that can...
  20. B

is the dogs site gonna be updated.

sorry about a usless thread. but i was just wondering if the doggies site is gonna be updated in terms of players stats and meters and that. it shows the points but not the tackles hit ups or mrters or anything like that. are they not available?????? sorry if it has been covered...
  21. B

LOL stupid thread

i know this is a very stupid thread but what has hapened to SBW arm/shoulder. he seems to have put about 3kg of ink in it lol. i know what he has been doing during the off season but might wanna stop putting all that ink into his shoulder. could cause injuries lol. anyways...
  22. B

out of curiosity

hi every body i was just wondering. what people think is the bigger story in rugby league at the moment. the tragic passing of a true legend of the game in steve rogers or a stupid twit and his drunken affairs in craig gower. intersted to see your views on this topic.
  23. B

What is the first game you can remember

Hey guys i was just wondering wat are the games you first remember watching/attending. i remember my first game was the 1995 g/f watched it on t.v and was hooked. was about 7-8 at the time. it was my first doggies final (obviously wouldnt remember 1988 as i was like 1) i think my...
  24. B

SBW and haz

SBW and haz are going to be appearing tomorrow at Gamesmen Penshurst, 491 Forest Rd Penshurst between 10 and 11 for the realease of rubgy league 2 the game sorry if this has een posted elsewherh.
  25. B

I have an idea.

All this talk of belmore the home of the doggies and the return of NRL games to the 'spritual home' of the dogs has really inspired me. and such crusaders like back to belmore have also given me a tingly feeling of how it could have ben if the dogs went back to belmore. You might all think...
  26. B

who would be your CEO

are you satisfied with noads direction and controll of the club or would you have somebody else. i know halligan has a desire to be involved in the club as a director or ceo. also chris anderson. i would rather have a past legend take the reigns. we are the family club not the...
  27. B

The final decider

there has been a lot said about patten and cutler. who is better. when patten will be dropped and so on. but maybe there is one way of finding out who deserves the number 1 for the dogs. if there were 13 pattens versus 13 culters who will win. to me i think cutlers defense and...
  28. B

Under threat in 06

which players position are under threat in 06 also how long would the half combination go for (un terms of rounds) if it doesnt work. would you give it 6-10 rounds if we are having poor performances or is 06 gonna be another write off.
  29. B

Daniel Irvine.

hand down the best performance he has had in a doggies 1st grade jumper. really impresed me today. he added good spark around the ruck. i think if we had a good 1 and 7 combined with irvine we could have put a cricket score today. he also did some good thing in defence but his...
  30. B

what would you prefer

whould you rather had braith go to union or sign with the roosters. looking back on it now i hope he had signed for union rather than saying it is a choice between the bulldogs and union and he ends up doing neither
  31. B

Which player has not been injured this year

i dont think it is smart to name out injured players this year it is far easier to name players that have not been injured how many players have played every game this year. i can only think of grimmers and armit asotasi got injured but i think he played on. this injury...
  32. B

who watched the sharks game

hey i was just looking at some stats from sat night i didnt watch the game but looking at cameron it seems like he carved up 19 tackles 100 m from 16 hit ups seems like he had a good game from the people that saw the game did he play any good and like wat sort of...
  33. B

Utai out of form i dont think so.

this year a lot of people have been saying utai is in poor form and in various time throughout the year (in particualr after round 2) many fans have called for his head. i was just looking at some stats. utai is the only bulldog player averaging more than 10 meters per hit up...
  34. B

What would you prefer

Hey this is just a simple question. if you were the coach of a football team which mentality would you go for. all out attack or all out defence. no fence sitting would you like to win 44-40 or do you like 10-6 better. which team would you build and why????
  35. B

Marvin

Can some1 clear up somethng a few weeks ago marvin was dropped 2 flegg. it now seems he is back in the prems. from people who have seen him play recently is he hot or not how has his form been recently
  36. B

Who would you rate????

This year has been a real eye opener for me and many other bulldog fans with the emergence of Nate Myles. with nate and SBW bulldogs have the best two young rookie back rowers running around at the moment, but the question remains who hits harder and who would you rate who...
  37. B

Asotasi's trademark

over the past few round i have noticed something happening a couple of times a game. asotasi takes a hit-up and splits the defence open like a watermelon and is running in the open. there is no greater site or anything that pumps me up more than seeing that. he does it a couple of...
  38. B

Something interesting

it has been said which half wouldnt like to play behind a forward pack like ours and also that our halves look good because of our forwards. ok now the freaky thing. we have aza and shrek. the two best at the moment and recently lost price and rauhihi. the two other top...
  39. B

Teams For this week

I have noticed some changes in the lower grades this week. Any mail on why. Karawana and luke both back to flegg. Karawana playing lock and luke 5/8th. is this because they couldnt handel 1st division or players are coming back so they go back down???? i dont know also wat happened to...
  40. B

What haz been our best performance this year

iwould say bronx. i am not sure any of our wins have been convincing. even against the dragons we looked wobbly. also wat has been the best try we have scored this year. lolesi against the rabbits was good
  41. B

Injuries could win us the final

It will be more likely a team will claim injuries lost/cost them the grand final. But i think to us they have been the blessing. *we have 27 FIRST grade players at our club. they have been tried and tested and all get the job done.(barring a few wink wink) *hopefully all our injured stars...
  42. B

Who do our rookies remind you of.

I will go first saying tonga reminds me of asotasi. he is a impact player who comes on for 10-15 hitups gets 100+ meters and put on big hits much like asotasi of last year
  43. B

The Mysterious Tat Man

There was a forum a while back asking about a Mysterious bulldogs player with tatoos. I am not sure but is it dallas mcilawain
  44. B

The Price is right for Asotasi

Just looking over some stats and noticed our new front row rock is better than our old 1. i dont know how accurate these stats are and if price and roy have played the same amount of games but it reads like this roy 179 hit ups 1627 meters gained 24 off loads vs price 159...
  45. B

Lower grades

so far this week end our jersey flegg boys went down to parra convincingly. full score Parramatta 34 (M Hendy 2, M Basan, D Williams, B Green, T Macgougan tries B Green 4, D Williams goals) defeated Bulldogs 18 (T Hayes, A Saleh, W Beh, C Bunce tries J Clark goal) 1st division are...
  46. B

What is the nucleus of our team???

who would be the 5 or so players that the dogs need to build a team around for premiership success???? i would say mason omealy anasta who would your player be?
  47. B

team of the last 5 years.

watching that doggies clip made me think of all the rep players we have lost. wat do you think our team would look like from like 2001-2002 until today having keept all our players. with back like vagana, talau, hazem, howlett, utai, tonga, patten, harris halves like anasta sherwin...
  48. B

What happened in second grade on the weekend???

how did the boys go round in the vb premier league. In particular relfy and irvine. Also marv i heard he started. Any stand out performances