Best dogs try you can remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was thinikng today that there havent been many great bulldog like trys scored over the last few rounds.

What are some of the best you can remember. Maybe from years gone by that some younges wont remember (60s 70s etc)

One of my fav trys was against i think parra in 02????? (i have no idea)

But it was a great try and everybody basically got a touch.

It started off on the right hand side (i think it was hazem almost went into touch) but he gets a mirical ball away out of the back. Then there was some passing around here and there. Went through a lot of hands. Ends up coming out to glen hughes. He gets a cross filed sort of kick/chip away into the hands of talau.

Was a great try cause it was so entertianing. Much like to dogs of the 80s and early 90s.

What are some other peoples fav.

Sammii

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of my favs was last yr against manly when patten scored when everyone else was fighting. It was hilarious to watch :D

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Masons_Girl said:
One of my favs was last yr against manly when patten scored when everyone else was fighting. It was hilarious to watch :D
i remember that try! a fight broke out during the scrum and patten raced like 80m to score.. very funny

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BulldogStar said:
i remember that try! a fight broke out during the scrum and patten raced like 80m to score.. very funny
The funny part was when he stopped and looked back just to see what was going on

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Ummm i enjoyed the Sherwin out of dummy half on to Tonga then hooks back around to put Utai in down the line against the Broncos 2004.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was a similar one like that in origin.

I think hogdson scored. But qld pushed too hard and they ended up driving NSW back about 10 meters so hodgson picked it up and ran away.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and there was a try that i saw when i was watching a video of 'the entertainers' but i cant for the life of me remember who scored it.. Steve Gearin perhaps?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Sherwin out playing fittler in the 04 gf in which he throws an inside pass to el masri wich won us the gf...

special moment twas

[furrycat]

Banned
Reaction score
Sherwin intercepting a prince pass off the scrum and running the length to score. That was this year I thinks

Christabella

Reaction score
boggie23 said:
One of my fav trys was against i think parra in 02????? (i have no idea)

But it was a great try and everybody basically got a touch.

It started off on the right hand side (i think it was hazem almost went into touch) but he gets a mirical ball away out of the back. Then there was some passing around here and there. Went through a lot of hands. Ends up coming out to glen hughes. He gets a cross filed sort of kick/chip away into the hands of talau.

Was a great try cause it was so entertianing. Much like to dogs of the 80s and early 90s.
The one I think you are describing was scored against Cronulla.

I can't pinpoint a best try that I have seen. There was a great imitation try of the Steve Gearin effort scored by Jamie Feeney against St George in 2004. I remember a great try scored by Rod Silva against Melbourne in 1999 where the ball was kicked twice and regathered. It was a time when we saw Melbourne on FTA because I still remember the call of "What Rugby League is this?" from an excited Ray Warren. With all the talk about El Masri's 100th try I have to add that our 7th tackle try of the 1995 GF was a decent effort, if you ignore that Matt Ryan's tackle was the 6th of the set.

Doggiesfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tries that I've liked this year:

- Holdsworth against the Roosters
- Patten against the Rabbitohs
- Maitua against the Eels (off the Nate Myles offload, not the one where he just got the short ball)

Best try would have to be Tony Grimaldi's try against Brisbane in round 20 last year. Absolute classic.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There have been a couple of cheeky tries scored.

Cant remember but i think it was vagana back in the days. It might have been against the sharks.

Hazem had made a tackle and nigel was running back onside and he called for the ball and the opposition player offloaded and he scored.

Actually thining about it it might even have been smithy

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[furrycat] said:
Sherwin intercepting a prince pass off the scrum and running the length to score. That was this year I thinks
Your half right. He ran about 30 meters, offloaded to El Masri who then scored:grinning:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doggiesfan said:
Tries that I've liked this year:

- Holdsworth against the Roosters
- Patten against the Rabbitohs
- Maitua against the Eels (off the Nate Myles offload, not the one where he just got the short ball)

Best try would have to be Tony Grimaldi's try against Brisbane in round 20 last year. Absolute classic.
Yeah that was an absolute Gem of a try. He goes in for the tackle of *****..Somehow 1 on 1 steals it, mind you, never had the intent of stealing it. Winds up with the ball, ***** trips over, and Grimaldi races 40 meters to score a try. Funny try that was. Like a thief in the night

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
95 i think vs manly at belmore. dymock scores after a full length of field try. started off with halligen making a break passes to steven hughes gets close to line and offloads to dymock and jimmy gets it down for a try. was well commentated by rabbit warren too.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
or jamie feeney try off a lolesi chip down at win stadium. great try

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
craig said:
95 i think vs manly at belmore. dymock scores after a full length of field try. started off with halligen making a break passes to steven hughes gets close to line and offloads to dymock and jimmy gets it down for a try. was well commentated by rabbit warren too.
Takes a bow. Thank you all. I was just doing what any good player would do in that situation :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.