The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Todays loss was coming for a long time. The dogs have been loosing ugly against wooden spoon teams. On this form dogs will not make the 8. The dogs have been very lackluster in attack. They show no direction, nobody shows leadership and the last play options are the poorerst in the league.

What are the good.
Willie Mason is the only player that has shown anything. He is the only player that deserves to be in the team. And is the only player that turns up week in week out to play.

That about sums up the good.

The bad.
There are 16 players that do not show enough to warrant selection.

Grimaldi imo is on the verge of being dropped. He shows nothing in attack and with virtualy no halfback you need a very attacking lock. When he does hit up he ends up going back.

Omeley has butter hands and probably needs to return to the bench. He needs to put the ball under his arm and run. Max 1 error a game not 4.

hughes needs to learn how to pass and learn how to kick. He has no kicking game. He fluked a 40/20 once and thinks he is the new johns.This guy needs to exit very soon.

holdworthy. I honestly do not see any halfback watsoever in him. He is playing as bad if not worst that sherwin when he was dropped. This guy seems to kick and not tell anybody cause he is the only person who chases. He also stand too too too deep at first reciever. The ball goes far too back and nobody hit the ball. the team should be in a sort of a V formation where the half is the most forward player and everybody else on the outside is a bit futher back and so on til the winger. I dont know what the team is doing. DJ is standing 20 meters back and dogs loose posetion everytime he touches the ball.

Maitua is playing the role of a lock. Toobad he is wearing the number 6. We have a halfback who is a 5/8 and a 5/8 who plays like a lock?????? You cant win games with no half.

Hazem is kicking poorly and is throwing some shocking passes.

SBW is throwing the ball everytime and nobody supports him.

The decent player/ The good

Mason is head and shoulders above the rest of his team mate. This guy goes forward. Put is 120% when on the field where others are only giving 70%. He is the best forward in the game at the moment full stop.

Armit is the second best forward at the club. He gives alot of value with his running game and has a mean tackle. He is also mr no nonscence. Should be in the run on them.

Perry has been our best hooker (lol) He seems this year he knows when to run and knows when to pass. He is also our best defender and seems to have put on a yeard of pace. Dont know about his top speed but seems to have great accelaration this year.

Ryan is doing all he can. He is not playing as well as he did in 04 but who is. He is very valuable in defence and is very good at running wide.

For a period of 20 mins against manly the dogs played very well. They threw the ball wide and where excellent in attack and defence. Than when they wehre in with a chance of winning the dogs miss to goals and give away another try.

The ugly.

Post sherwin the team has been very very poor in attack. They are showing sings they are a below par team without him. The last three games against low quality opposition they have been ugly in attack at best.

The verdict. On form dogs wont make the eight. They will no beat a team in the 8 and they will finish outside the top 10.

That is my 2 cents

And it is open to discussion.

N00b

Kennel Established
Reaction score
boggie23 said:
Todays loss was coming for a long time. The dogs have been loosing ugly against wooden spoon teams. On this form dogs will not make the 8. The dogs have been very lackluster in attack. They show no direction, nobody shows leadership and the last play options are the poorerst in the league.

What are the good.
Willie Mason is the only player that has shown anything. He is the only player that deserves to be in the team. And is the only player that turns up week in week out to play.

That about sums up the good.

The bad.
There are 16 players that do not show enough to warrant selection.
lol pretty much all true.. :(

Grimaldi imo is on the verge of being dropped. He shows nothing in attack and with virtualy no halfback you need a very attacking lock. When he does hit up he ends up going back.

Omeley has butter hands and probably needs to return to the bench. He needs to put the ball under his arm and run. Max 1 error a game not 4.

hughes needs to learn how to pass and learn how to kick. He has no kicking game. He fluked a 40/20 once and thinks he is the new johns.This guy needs to exit very soon.

holdworthy. I honestly do not see any halfback watsoever in him. He is playing as bad if not worst that sherwin when he was dropped. This guy seems to kick and not tell anybody cause he is the only person who chases. He also stand too too too deep at first reciever. The ball goes far too back and nobody hit the ball. the team should be in a sort of a V formation where the half is the most forward player and everybody else on the outside is a bit futher back and so on til the winger. I dont know what the team is doing. DJ is standing 20 meters back and dogs loose posetion everytime he touches the ball.

Maitua is playing the role of a lock. Toobad he is wearing the number 6. We have a halfback who is a 5/8 and a 5/8 who plays like a lock?????? You cant win games with no half.

Hazem is kicking poorly and is throwing some shocking passes.

SBW is throwing the ball everytime and nobody supports him.

The decent player/ The good

Mason is head and shoulders above the rest of his team mate. This guy goes forward. Put is 120% when on the field where others are only giving 70%. He is the best forward in the game at the moment full stop.

Armit is the second best forward at the club. He gives alot of value with his running game and has a mean tackle. He is also mr no nonscence. Should be in the run on them.

Perry has been our best hooker (lol) He seems this year he knows when to run and knows when to pass. He is also our best defender and seems to have put on a yeard of pace. Dont know about his top speed but seems to have great accelaration this year.

Ryan is doing all he can. He is not playing as well as he did in 04 but who is. He is very valuable in defence and is very good at running wide.

For a period of 20 mins against manly the dogs played very well. They threw the ball wide and where excellent in attack and defence. Than when they wehre in with a chance of winning the dogs miss to goals and give away another try.

The ugly.

Post sherwin the team has been very very poor in attack. They are showing sings they are a below par team without him. The last three games against low quality opposition they have been ugly in attack at best.

The verdict. On form dogs wont make the eight. They will no beat a team in the 8 and they will finish outside the top 10.

That is my 2 cents

And it is open to discussion.
lol all true... :(

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
another thing..the crowd?
did nobody have a voice today, i have never heard a crowd so quiet in the first half of footy..
that was like a souths melbourne kind of game.
i know we were getting flogged but bulldogs games always have alot of noise and today was a disgrace.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha that was the only time there was noise in the first half..:P

the second half was slightly better though

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
whos going to make the tackles if grimaldi is dropped

he takes alot of the workload off other players, and you always need that sort of workhorse i your team

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:

he takes alot of the workload off other players, and you always need that sort of workhorse i your team

Ryan

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they all played SH*t today (with the exception of Mason and SBW - though he did drop the ball a few times). I don't know what is wrong with the guys - they played like a beaten team from the beginning.

It was reallyt depressing to watch - 3 tries they just GAVE away. I hope to god this is the kick up the butt they need to pull their socks up and start playing like a proper team. Today's game was a disgrace.

`-KING-`

Count Down Is On
Reaction score
Mrs.Maitua said:
I thought they all played SH*t today (with the exception of Mason and SBW - though he did drop the ball a few times). I don't know what is wrong with the guys - they played like a beaten team from the beginning.

It was reallyt depressing to watch - 3 tries they just GAVE away. I hope to god this is the kick up the butt they need to pull their socks up and start playing like a proper team. Today's game was a disgrace.
True they have the potential just missing the enthusiasm.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
I thought Armit and Mason where our best, Utai should not have been put straight into first grade from injury - He was shocking!!!!!!!!!!!

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the best players against manly was Brad Morrin - He was very solid in defense and always took the ball up hard and made no mistakes. He was for me a standout yesterday and showed these "superstars" a solid performance!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keefy said:
I thought Armit and Mason where our best, Utai should not have been put straight into first grade from injury - He was shocking!!!!!!!!!!!
Utai would of needed 50% improvement to be shocking. He was disgusting!

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I wish we could get stats on how many tries Tonga has let in with poor defensive reads this year.

At the moment it doesn't matter how **** our attack is bacause our defense is attrocious. In years gone by our defense has got us the wins even when we are struggling with attack. This seems to have changed the last couple of years.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think the only certain players for the moment are

Mason
Armit
Perry (being our best hooker)
Ryan (he gives 100% every week)

And that is about it.

Grimaldi is not a very good Lock. In years gone by he has been good because the team has been very good defensivly and their attack was awsome. This year the attack has gone down the p!ss hole and the defence is p!ss poor. That is why he is found out more. His running game has no impact and in plain sight he is no lock.

But! if you appreciate his defensive work than there is a place in the team for him and that is hooker. He is no longer as strong or fit as he was in years gone by (2004). And although he is still the fittess at the club he has lost alot of spark in defence and attack (his age being the reason).

Maitua will not be as successful as him in defence in terms of completed tackles but his tackles will be felt. He will also bring alot with his running game out wide. It will be like having two halves where he plays. He will be like a second 5/8. He has the game of a 5/8 but is not really one. He is better suited as a ball playing lock.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
You're spot on with grimaldi. Maitua has been a bright light but he's basically playing lock from 5/8. His defence is good enough and in attack his running game keeps them guessing.

Unfortunately there's no secrets to Grimmer's offence and he's getting lined up and nailed regularly. I think he has utility value though. Since Billy Johnstone left we don't seem as fit as we used to be so it would be good to bring a defensive minded player in when the other boys are getting tired.

Has anyone noticed how our up-and-in defence used to be alot more committed and teams had to throw looping passes out wide to get over our defenders. These days it looks like a decent sharp pass beats the up-and-in regularly and blokes like tonga and utai are looking bemused.

Reaction score
boggie23 said:
Hazem is kicking poorly
yea coz that really matters when the team is playing crap anyway... its not like the missed kicks could've made a difference, plus hes only human, cant expect him to kick brilliantly the whole time esp from near the sideline.

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:

I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.