2007 Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I got the leagues club magazine today and it raised a imteresting point in it. With Mason, Omeley at front row, Williams and ryan playing back row and reni lock the rest of the forwards fight for a spot on the bench. Now the magazine says the bench battle is going to be between Hickey, Morrin, Kouparistas, Mcillwain, Armit and new recruits Tamaari, Wheatly and Cleal.

Now who would you have.

Armit for me lock up the first spot.
Now where will the other 2 spots go?
I would have to say you need to go with loyalty and give first crack to Hickey and Kouparitsas.

What would yor bench look like having in mind a 3 man forward bench.

Cleal is the cziwloski replacement so I would not start him in 1st grade just yet. Tamaari is class and Mcillwain gets the job done.

There are 3 spots and 8 contenders.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
14. Reni Maitua
15. Ben Roberts
16. Jarad Hickey
17. Lee Te Maari/Nick Kouparitsas

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
14. roberts
15. Armit
16. Hickey
17. McIllwain

this is like the 4th thread like this tbh

M

Mr Miyagi

Reni matua wont be too happy with it though.
Who would be the lock.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reni matua wont be too happy with it though.
Who would be the lock.
Didnt read the part bout Mase moving into the front row.

In that case my forward pack and bench is

8. Willie Mason
9. Corey Hughes
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Reni Maitua

14. Chris Armit
15. Ben Roberts
16. Jarad Hickey
17. Lee Te Maari/Nick Kouparitsas/Dallas McIlwain

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We dont want to have Reni and Sonny fighting for the Lock spot, both will want to be starting players and they have every right as they are both Internationals now.
Reni to lock Sonny to Second row and bench as follows;
14. Armit
15. Hickey
16. Kouparitsas
17. Roberts/Ngawini

The games when we need impact off the bench you throw armit to the 10 and Kouparitsas to the 13 and bench Willie and Reni.

H

Haztrick

14. Armit
15. Perry
16. Hickey
17. McIllwain

That is the bench I'm certain Folkes will pick. Hughes is his love child, no way in hell he will be dropped, unfortunatly.

Roberts in place of Hughes is what I would pick.

H

Haztrick

Yep.

His speed and acceleration are great. His ball skills are good also and he runs a good angle. He could provide good depth off the bench as he could come in for Second Row or Lock.

M

Mr Miyagi

Yeah true.
I think this year we are going to be suprised and a few no name rookies will come through.

H

Haztrick

Yeah. I think we have good depth in the Lock and Second Row position but prop is shrinking.

Maitua, Williams, Ryan, Kouparitsas, Te Maari, McIllwain, Mason and Morrin and Hickey can all play Lock and or Second Row and it's a good feature of our game to have.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep.

His speed and acceleration are great. His ball skills are good also and he runs a good angle. He could provide good depth off the bench as he could come in for Second Row or Lock.

Te Maari is better then Dallas, Koups will become better then Dallas.

He isnt a bad player...far from it, but i believe we have better in Te Maari and Koups.

Yeah. I think we have good depth in the Lock and Second Row position but prop is shrinking.

Maitua, Williams, Ryan, Kouparitsas, Te Maari, McIllwain, Mason and Morrin and Hickey can all play Lock and or Second Row and it's a good feature of our game to have.
Hickey wont be playing backrow. I doubt he'd even be thrown in there for injuries. He's a prop 100%

hunt fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow been a while since you's haven't had a big name bench. I haven't heard of any of them bar that Kouparatis fella who i read about in RLW (he's a hottie tbh).

T

TdoggBulldog

Didnt read the part bout Mase moving into the front row.

In that case my forward pack and bench is

8. Willie Mason
9. Corey Hughes
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Reni Maitua

14. Chris Armit
15. Ben Roberts
16. Jarad Hickey
17. Lee Te Maari/Nick Kouparitsas/Dallas McIlwain
like that one allot ^^^

P

Promiscuous

Yep.

Or five eight or center if injuries ;)

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
I like Mitchus bench if as is said in that members newsletter that Mason is playing prop next year.

I would go for something like this....

14. Chris Armit
15. Ben Roberts
16. Lee Te Maari
17. Nick Kouparitsas

I really want Hickey in the 17, but the talent we have ATM will mean he will have to fight for a spot... but competition is only a good thing and I hope Jarrad gets lots of time in FG next season... :grinning:

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
when was the last time someone went through an entire season without injuries? It has never happened especially with SBW.All the boys will get a chance to fight for the spots and the ones that perform should get the spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.