Utai out of form i dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this year a lot of people have been saying utai is in poor form and in various time throughout the year (in particualr after round 2) many fans have called for his head.

i was just looking at some stats.

utai is the only bulldog player averaging more than 10 meters per hit up

that is absolutely phenomenal if you ask me.

he has only 5 tries from 19 games but has made some mega big meters.

i think if dogs see september action this year utai will play a huge part.

judging by those stats i think utai is very close to a hat trick of tries in the next few week.

if dogs go to the final about 10 more game or so

expect utai to bag 12 or more tries

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Utai isnt out of form, he is one of the best players in our team.

W

Winston Smith

who said that he's out of from, comparing to other players he's rock solid

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i remember everybody blasting him for not catching bombs and not scoring tries

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i remeber i was 1 of the many that gave him a blasting back in rd2 but not since

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
he is the competitions leading tackle breaker!

T

TdoggBulldog

ok...he still aint no hazem under the high ball but hes SOOOO much better now! and his runs from catchin the ball allot of the time are awsome!! his unstoppable!! Every opposition we face needs like 4 players to stop this tank!

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's scored a few less tries than he was scoring last year but hes been just as, if not more dangerous this year. His defence can still be a little shabby at times but it has improved a lot. In the earlier rounds teams like the Cowgirls were attacking him because he was seen as a weakness but now he is certainly not to be messed with (most of the time:D)

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Utai is a champion club man,He copped a cheap shot in the Broncos game and teams like to try and target him cause he is a strong little bulldozer espeacially close to the line,I reckon he should get more ball.

T

TdoggBulldog

Bob dog said:
Utai is a champion club man,He copped a cheap shot in the Broncos game and teams like to try and target him cause he is a strong little bulldozer espeacially close to the line,I reckon he should get more ball.

yer... maybe another reason hes would be hard to tackle cause hes so short.. and they'd hav to like bend down to tackle him... hes my height!!:D

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
boggie23 said:
i remember everybody blasting him for not catching bombs
when utai catches a bomb its by fluke, its always been that way :p

utai isnt out of form at all, the only thing he hasnt been doing is crossing the tryline, we are just used to him hitting up the double digits for trys at this side of the season. Hes playing fine footy other than that.

dog-gone girl

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's scored a few less tries than he was scoring last year but hes been just as, if not more dangerous this year.
I think the only reason why he hasn't been able to score many tries is because he hasn't got the support he had last year... once we get the full team back, he will be crossing that line quite often!

Maz

I heart Utai
Reaction score
omg hes a legend
id like to see those ppl saying hes out of form do any better

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
utai is definately not outta form...his has been one of our best players this year...his hasnt been scorin alot but he has been gettin sum realli gud metres and gettin us out of trouble

gibbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he was out of form early on this year, but over the last two months he has been awesome. I agree with what was said above that the reson he is not scoring tries is due to the fact that we have had injuries all year, therefore matty aint getting quality ball. Plus we have had allsorts of dramas scoring tries in the opposition 20.

1eyedfanatic

OnThePunt
Reaction score
Utai out of form???????????

Nah thats crap!!
He's.............
..................On Fire!!!!!!
as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell you what, if everyone played the way Utai did on Sunday, we wouldnt have lost. He always gives it his go even when he's out of form.

I wouldnt swap him for ANY other winger in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.