Injuries could win us the final

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It will be more likely a team will claim injuries lost/cost them the grand final. But i think to us they have been the blessing.

*we have 27 FIRST grade players at our club. they have been tried and tested and all get the job done.(barring a few wink wink)

*hopefully all our injured stars will be back by round 20. ahving missed most of the season they will be fresh and very fired up to actually get out there and play.

*if you thought we had a good bench last year well your dreming. thanks to injuries we will have the likes of myles, morrin, tonga, SBW, mcillwain, maitua(aka matueee), armit, hughes to choose from on the bench.

we won in 2004 with 4 competent players.

this year we have at least 8 great players to choose from with a couple of young GUNs in there as well

Morrin Myles Williams Maitua

wat guns to put on after 20 25

then big charlie.

The worst thing about the injuries is it will be to hard to pick the 17 as 11 players have to miss out.

D

D0ggyStylz

boggie23 said:
It will be more likely a team will claim injuries lost/cost them the grand final. But i think to us they have been the blessing.

*we have 27 FIRST grade players at our club. they have been tried and tested and all get the job done.(barring a few wink wink)

*hopefully all our injured stars will be back by round 20. ahving missed most of the season they will be fresh and very fired up to actually get out there and play.

*if you thought we had a good bench last year well your dreming. thanks to injuries we will have the likes of myles, morrin, tonga, SBW, mcillwain, maitua(aka matueee), armit, hughes to choose from on the bench.

we won in 2004 with 4 competent players.

this year we have at least 8 great players to choose from with a couple of young GUNs in there as well

Morrin Myles Williams Maitua

wat guns to put on after 20 25

then big charlie.

The worst thing about the injuries is it will be to hard to pick the 17 as 11 players have to miss out.

Make that 26...czilwaski will never be at 1st grade standard...not this year anyway!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dogaholic said:
Make that 26...czilwaski will never be at 1st grade standard...not this year anyway!

HEHEHEHHEHEHE

i should not have counted him
hehehehe

brideson is a first division player himself

Dolores

Waterboy
Reaction score
We will get there, and your right our injuries early on in the season could well win it for us this year...

Dolores

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is 28 points left in the season including the bye up for grabs... Now I am going to make a bold statement and say we will get at least 24 of those 28 if not more...

T

TdoggBulldog

yer ive bin sayin that, our reserves have been gettin some good experience and will be some good players 2 have on the bench!

B

Bwaif

If not this year can you imagine us next year? Unstoppable, but I dont want to llive for the future, I want to live for now, so hopefully, we can see it happen this year.

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
Be realistic, we are not going to get another 24 points to end the season, i have faith we will make the finals but we will end up on 28/30 points, which means we will have to win atleast 8/9 games to end the year out of our final 14, its tough but we can do it.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confident that leading into rd 20 when we have the majority of our full side return that we will win our last 6 games and gather much needed momentum to drive us into the finals. it is between rds 13-19 which is the crucial part of our season. There are plenty of games during this period which we can win if we show up with the right attitude and put in a strong performance week in week out.
Our forum over the past month has been good (bar the cowboys game) and we have been unlucky to not get the 2 points in several games, but this is the most crucial period and will decide whether we make the finals or not.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
I strongly believe that from the remaining 28 points, we can pick up at least 20. If you're wondering why, well the answer is quite simple. Our players are now starting to come back. Sonny Bill and Hughes this week, and in 2 weeks we get Nate Myles back. This week we verse the Rabbitohs and after that we have the bye. Then we go up against the Raiders, who will be without Jason Smith and possibly Schifcoske. We will have the advantage for sure, as Nate Myles will also be back for us, and we would have gotten Sonny Bill and Corey Hughes Back. We will have Charlie Tonga, and a plethora of wonderful players on our bench. Then we verse the Sea Eagles. We can surely topple them with those players back. We only last our first game against them because of stupidity. Then, for round 17, we should get Mason and Omeley back. It doesn't matter who we verse on round 17, because we will be unstoppable from there on in I believe. Just think about how much inspiration Sonny Bill will bring with him for the team and for the fans...I don't think the doggies players will be happy with a win of less than 20 points... Ponder on that for a moment..

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Especially since they were onthe bench for so long, i think all our injured player will want to rip into any team. The look of anguish on all their faces while they sit on the sideline just says it all. They will want to go hard, off contract or not, because i still think mason is still passionate about this team, and also the other players
like omealey and all them..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i would much rather have last years bench

Asotasi
Williams
Hughes
Scott

and
Maitua
Thurston
Maiava
Feeney
Harris

as back up

im just worried about a little bit of "rust" from the returning players
espicially Mason, but i think he'll be raring to go

H

Hazmak

"Injuries could win us the final"

that sounds extremely oxymoronic.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point. Our young pups have stepped up to be counted.

And let's not discount injuries to other team's star players, esp. from SOO.

MSeLmAgIc

*Mutha Function*
Reaction score
I agree Mr Rodriguez, im worried about too much attention being put on our returning players. You gotta remember that they havent played in a while and they gotta get used 2 da team all over again. I hope im wrong and they come back and fire up the rest of da boys.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Majn00n said:
I strongly believe that from the remaining 28 points, we can pick up at least 20. If you're wondering why, well the answer is quite simple. Our players are now starting to come back. Sonny Bill and Hughes this week, and in 2 weeks we get Nate Myles back. This week we verse the Rabbitohs and after that we have the bye. Then we go up against the Raiders, who will be without Jason Smith and possibly Schifcoske. We will have the advantage for sure, as Nate Myles will also be back for us, and we would have gotten Sonny Bill and Corey Hughes Back. We will have Charlie Tonga, and a plethora of wonderful players on our bench. Then we verse the Sea Eagles. We can surely topple them with those players back. We only last our first game against them because of stupidity. Then, for round 17, we should get Mason and Omeley back. It doesn't matter who we verse on round 17, because we will be unstoppable from there on in I believe. Just think about how much inspiration Sonny Bill will bring with him for the team and for the fans...I don't think the doggies players will be happy with a win of less than 20 points... Ponder on that for a moment..
I like to be specific.

From now to rd 26, we play Souths twice, Knights and the bye. Now thats a definite 8 points, so we're on 18 points. Thats my 'definite' category.

My 'should-win' category are Raiders, Storm, Tigers, Eels, Panthers twice. These are teams we should beat, but a loss is still possible. Now thats a possible 12 points up for grabs there, but being realistic I say we prolly wont win all of those games, and might lose 2 of those (i.e margin of error), so thats 8 points, and we're now on 26 points.

Now that leaves me with my 'I'll tell you later' category, and they are Broncos, Warriors (in NZ), Roosters and Manly. These are games where its easier to predict closer to game time, but we only need to win 1 or 2 of these games to be on 28/30 points.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doggy_Dude said:
I like to be specific.

From now to rd 26, we play Souths twice, Knights and the bye. Now thats a definite 8 points, so we're on 18 points. Thats my 'definite' category.

My 'should-win' category are Raiders, Storm, Tigers, Eels, Panthers twice. These are teams we should beat, but a loss is still possible. Now thats a possible 12 points up for grabs there, but being realistic I say we prolly wont win all of those games, and might lose 2 of those (i.e margin of error), so thats 8 points, and we're now on 26 points.

Now that leaves me with my 'I'll tell you later' category, and they are Broncos, Warriors (in NZ), Roosters and Manly. These are games where its easier to predict closer to game time, but we only need to win 1 or 2 of these games to be on 28/30 points.
It's a plausable scenario. But, never discount any side in the comp. If we rest too many players and take the Bunnies lightly they could give us the hiding of the season. We have to play each game as it comes and treat every opponent as if we're playing the top side.

Status
Not open for further replies.