Who would you rate????

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This year has been a real eye opener for me and many other bulldog fans with the emergence of Nate Myles.

with nate and SBW bulldogs have the best two young rookie back rowers running around at the moment,

but the question remains

who hits harder

and who would you rate
who has achieved more in 1st grade (myles 12 games SBW 20)

also a question to throw open to all

who it the hardest hitter in the club

and who is the best defender in the club

currently i would prob go for either myles/grimaldi for best D

and azza or myles for biggest hit

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myles puts some good hits, but nothing beats Sonny's shoulder charges from last year. I dont think we will be seeing too many more of those after his shoulder surgery but it was good while it lasted.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
do you know myles is like a axe.

he just chopps people down one on one time and time again

if myles hits you front on your momentum stops immediately and you just drop.

that is how you make meters through your defence

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
who hits harder? SBWs shoulder charges for sure, but I think in generally tackeling, Myles does.

and who would you rate
who has achieved more in 1st grade (myles 12 games SBW 20)? SBW, but Myles is more consistant.

also a question to throw open to all

who it the hardest hitter in the club? I think there are a few, Myles, SBW, Shrek, Mason, Asotasi....

and who is the best defender in the club? Probably Grimaldi. The guy has tackle counts through the roof. He is one of our quiet achievers. A very underrated player.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Myles' hits yesterday were unbelievable. I'm very impressed, but i don't seem to remember him making so many in other games? So maybe it was a one off.

I think the way Sonny carries the ball, passing, offloading, etc. He is a much better attacking player, he can do nearly anything you'd want from a back rower. When we talk about game breakers, Sonny will win you a lot more games than Myles, providing he can stay fit.

Sonny is in a different class altogether compared to Nate I think.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
cljunior said:
Myles' hits yesterday were unbelievable. I'm very impressed, but i don't seem to remember him making so many in other games? So maybe it was a one off.
Myles is a noted hitman - he hits HARD and hits OFTEN!!...

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Dog-E-Styler said:
Myles is a noted hitman - he hits HARD and hits OFTEN!!...
Not like he did on Friday Night, man there must have been at least 9 - 10 massive hits ..

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Having said that...I'd have Asotasi JUST ahead of Myles in the big-hitter dept!!

Both their techniques are FLAWLESS!!! :D

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
And on the above pic - Eric Grothe is NO lightweight!!!

One of the hardest players to tackle 1 on 1....CERTAINLY one of the hardest BACKS to tackle!!

But Myles treated him like a rag doll!!! :D

A

atomic_crimson

myles has really stepped up to the challenge this year! and has really impressed... next year or even this year when all troops are on deck! myles certainly should have secured a bench spot!

he isn't the razzle dazzle everyone associates with SBW.... but he hits em hard and hits em with no fear... even his runs... no afraid to run into ten defenders if need be!

funny tho! nate was a bit put off when he saw the likes off mason, sonny and ryan... thought he was too small...

well nate dawg...good things come in smaller packages ;)

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
well i dont think u can really compare Nate and Sonnys styles of footy. Nate just goes in and does his job old skool style, Sonny, like AC said, plays welll but pulls out the razzle dazzle moves like the shouldercharge, the offload but IMO he needs to realise that he is not invincible on field so he can go 4 games without hurting himself. Id probably have to say that whilst Sonny is a solid defender he is probably is better in Attack (probably from his experience in the centres), and Myles is Better in defence. MAn some of the hits he put on last nite *whistle* ubelievable! Both boys are still young, and its kinda scary picturing them in another 5 years or so and what theyll be able to do after a few years of experience.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
see that hit myles put on that lil black dude not sure of hois name last night he chopped him in 1/2

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
shrek hits the hardest. just ask that young forward for raiders or pansy panther ben ross.

chris armit is also a big hitter and doesnt get the credit he deserves, one of the best defenders in the team i think

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
There were definately some big hits last night. J Lo creamed Gower in one tackle and Nate was destroying at will.

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
craig said:
shrek hits the hardest. just ask that young forward for raiders or pansy panther ben ross.

chris armit is also a big hitter and doesnt get the credit he deserves, one of the best defenders in the team i think
Armit is very underrated. He does heaps week in week out, without the credit he deserves.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
sonny has problems tackling but his shoulder charges are very effective though

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i rkn that grimaldi is 1 of our best defenders.....he does alot of work in defence and it helps alot......our best attacking player id ave 2 say probably asotasi his alwais lookin 2 go over the advantage line all d tym.......between Sonny Bill n Nate i rkn that sonny has achieved more but myles is a more consistant player.....and for our hardest hitters i couldnt decided between myles n sbw cause they are both realli hard hitters i believe it wouldnt be fair 2 choose 1 over the other

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
DoGgIeS_4_LyF said:
i rkn that grimaldi is 1 of our best defenders.....he does alot of work in defence and it helps alot......our best attacking player id ave 2 say probably asotasi his alwais lookin 2 go over the advantage line all d tym.......between Sonny Bill n Nate i rkn that sonny has achieved more but myles is a more consistant player.....and for our hardest hitters i couldnt decided between myles n sbw cause they are both realli hard hitters i believe it wouldnt be fair 2 choose 1 over the other
Can you please put that in English so us 'slow' people who arent up to date with this modern language you use, can read it?

Status
Not open for further replies.