I have an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All this talk of belmore the home of the doggies and the return of NRL games to the 'spritual home' of the dogs has really inspired me. and such crusaders like back to belmore have also given me a tingly feeling of how it could have ben if the dogs went back to belmore.

You might all think this is stupid and stuff but i have 2 ideas. and we need to do something to make this work.

Now you can not seriously tell me belmore is in worst condition than liechart was.

Here are my ideas.

1.I reckon we should try and get a sponsorship from a construction company. and they can give us endorsment from that in the form of building us a stadium. then for the next 5 or so year the can have naming rights at the ground and they can have sponsorship signs and be mentioned at every home game and they dont have to pay anything.

and they can have a small sign on the players attire but more so they will be sponsored through signs at the ground.

it is a win win situation. they build our home ground. they dont pay anything. we dont pay anything. we advertise their brand. and the council should just give the deed to the ground to the dogs. or at least let them saty there rent free.

and also if they dont want to train there and keep there offices there anymore well so be it. bt atleast play their home games there or atleast some home games there.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My next idea is if the public could help.

I know this sounds stupid n all but here i go.

What if we could collect money from business' people companys banks etc.

What we would do is have a sort of return investment. We could sort of sell of shareholder to the rebuilding of Belmore stadium.

Say 1.2 million 100 ways is only 12000 $. So if you put in 12 grand you will own a 1% investment that will be returned in a term (e.g 5,10 year). It depends. I am not a financial whiz so i can not crunch numbers very well. But say if you get a 1% share into this project you will recieve a return after 5 yeas (silimar if you put your money into a term deposit into a bank)

But to do this we have to be able to get the ground lease free from belmore/canterbury council but they will still have to pay for routine maintanance e.g cutting grass watering etc.

So what ever money is made from the gate goes to the doggies. They will then pay the ground fees for training and use of the ground to the share holders of the project. and then that money can be put into a fund and it can grow until it reaches around 2 million that it can be split to watever percent and there you go. dog go back to belmore. you helped with the return to belmore. and you made a small hansome profit to go along the way.

For me personally if i was to get a return on my investment i would pledge 30 grand 2morow.

W

Winston Smith

i like the way you think mate. i think your first idea is excellent

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a nest egg of about $30,000 I would be happy to put into the project. The more I think about the whole idea of going back the more I would to see it come into being.

Who's up for a call to John Laws for a plug?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can we get this off the ground. If the managment cant be bothered then we will have to.

Do we have to contact the club?????

How can we get our ideas across.

The council

The media??????

where can we go.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i think you have made some fantastic points......the problem is will the council and the club agree with them

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guyz..aint we signed to Telstra till 2020?

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bLuE n WhItE bLoOd said:
Guyz..aint we signed to Telstra till 2020?
John howard also said we would "Never ever have a GST under the liberal government" shortly before he took office in 1996.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Contracts are made to be broken.

Wat about if we play like 6 games a year at belmore.

Would telstra have a problem with that.

I am 100 million % sure the fans wont have any problem wat so ever with that.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
fixing up belmore would cost alot more than 2 million, but without being negative, dogs supporters pump a ****load of money into the club, and instead of buying $1000s of dollars worth of merchandise every year they can put it in a b2b fund.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
with Telstra stadium no longer dependant on us to prevent turning that place into a ghost town (tigers and souths play there now)

i reckon we should start looking into the belmore issue

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
anyone know how much it will cost to fix up?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Habib said:
anyone know how much it will cost to fix up?

well 1.25 will fix the gym the office and the grandstand.

but apparently that asint enough to get nrl games back there

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
liechart oval had no stands left deu to termites.

more that half the ground was stuffed.

If you will put money into knocking down a grand stand and rebuilding than why cant you fix belmore.

the grass area if free.

if you can make it like a dome without a roof that will be mad.

say a 2 story grandstand that goes all the way around.

but that will cost heaps.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
peter moore reserve needs to be turned into a car park for atleast 5000 cars.

Then i reckon you should knock down the bowing club to build offices and a gym and pool externally from the stadium.

Then you can make it a public pool so you can make money from that during summer.

A

atomic_crimson

people... as much as i would love to go back... its not gonna happen..

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the money from telstra stadium is in the bank

unfourtunately going back to belmore is just a pipe dream

Status
Not open for further replies.