Search results

1. B

Is our Beloved Bulldogs Club copping a good dose of Karma ?

It’s not karma, the game in general has turned to shite. Too many rule changes and giving referees greater subjective control. Physical battle removed from the game, better athlete wins by greater margin, no way to grind out results any longer.
  2. B

Burton is not worth big dollars

I really hope you’re right, but I just don’t see it happening.
  3. B

Burton is not worth big dollars

He had a play or two in him but is far too inconsistent. The argument that he has muppets around him also doesn’t stack up, he lacks genuine speed and I feel like his game acumen is not the best, hence his poor passing game and ability to influence outcomes on the field. Good player but not...
  4. B

Opinion Burton and our current form

You are spot on. Great potential but that’s all he is atm, no consistency and flashes of brilliance only. He’s nowhere near ready to lead a successful NRL side and is making a lot of mistakes alongside a team of Cup players.
  5. B

Time for mass Changes

Forwards are really poor, we lose the ruck and middle every week
  6. B

News 'Unacceptable': Bulldogs skipper rips team's performance after 'disappointing' loss to Warriors

Maybe talent not quite the word but all the heart in the world without the physical capabilities and competence isn’t going to change anything. Yelling louder and asking blokes to play above their level with dogz of war garbage is nonsensical. An average runner can’t run elite time because you...
  7. B

Lack of Experience is Telling

Yep, Mahoney is struggling with what’s around him but absolutely no leaders or footy brains in the team
  8. B

Opinion Karl Oloapu

Exactly, fully agree
  9. B

TPJ 'conman' needs to be released

Unfortunately, and due to his pay packet, we and the club expects him to be our alpha forward and hold us together. Realty is, he never was going to be that forward. He could be great, in a pack that does all the grunt and goes forward, he’d then be damaging as hell. But one man out with this...
  10. B

News 'Unacceptable': Bulldogs skipper rips team's performance after 'disappointing' loss to Warriors

As I said in another thread, it’s not effort, it’s talent. The squad and forwards in particular are very weak by NRL standards. Asking them to put more effort in isn’t going to get it done.
  11. B

Dogz of War

I honestly don’t think it’s effort, in fact last night is a good example where we could have lost by 40 or 50 and past few years would have. Biggest issue is the talent, our forward pack is nothing short of atrocious. You any just say dogz or war, all the means is try harder. These guys just...
  12. B

Penalties Killing us

Absolutely this !
  13. B

Opinion Hip drops have us scared

It’s turned into touch football, no doubt, garbage to watch now
  14. B

Holding the fort

1,6(yes6) & 7 are big problems and reason we are shite
  15. B

Pudding guts Mahoney

Is this list for real? Reed is the ONLY player we got
  16. B

Hayze Perham Appreciation Thread

He’s not good enough, squad player at best
  17. B

Opinion Forward passes galore

Agree, South’s rampant with forward passes, what do the touchies do ffs
  18. B

Your most hated opposition player in the NRL?

Was going to say Bellamy, he created some of the grubbiest players of all time
  19. B

NRL Ladder over each team's last 6 games

To improve further, I reckon better fitness but more so an onfield leader. Knights were there for a pounding yday but we lacked a ruthless streak and we seemed to clock off well before the finish and knowing we had the win.
  20. B

Ado-Carr slowing down? Not Likely..

Exactly this
  21. B

TPJ

RFM playing a role too, it’s a great balance
  22. B

Rd 14 vs Eels 3-2-1

3. MPotter 2. Gus for getting rid of Baz 1. Too many to choose from
  23. B

Official Team List Round 14 v Eels + Match Discussion

Love when Vaughan practically teabaged Brown (mid way through 2nd half)
  24. B

Official Team List Round 14 v Eels + Match Discussion

We have a football team, who knew
  25. B

Gould shoots down Madge-Dogs whispers

This is correct but how and when will it be fixed, that’s the question
  26. B

Averillo

The kid has something but is paying the price of being rushed into 1sts before he’d earned it. Id keep him as a minimum wage utility in the top 30, I reckon there is something in him a good Coach could hone. He doesn’t appear too clever and looks to be badly lacking confidence.
  27. B

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs v Tigers

Desperately need an infield game manager.
  28. B

Official Gus on Twitter

You’re absolutely right mate, not accountable and the only pressure is delivered by RL media who by enlarge struggle to understand basics. The salary cap, despite being open to rorting, is there to even the competition so 5 year rebuilds are just again diverting attention and pressure off.
  29. B

I fear Baz won't get sacked.

Yeah, I disagree. It’s not rocket science and only gets as complicated as you make it. Strong and clear leadership is all that’s needed. I might add, I couldn’t care if our next Coach is high or low profile, there are an abundance of Coaches who could do more with what we’ve got, it’s change...
  30. B

Official Gus on Twitter

I agree, it has to be due to player options based on Coach
  31. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Answer is simple: you keep adjusting and moving on Coaches until you get it right. It’s a very simple game and right mix of players and coach can change things very very quickly. It happens frequently in football (soccer) in UK and Europe. You can’t take these stupid 5 year rebuild approaches to...
  32. B

Official Round 10 v Knights Match Discussion

Exactly, errors are part of the game. We don’t play any football and that’s why our errors hurt. Every team wants to limit errors but you can’t have guys playing like robots to a game plan that doesn’t work. Absolute tripe being dished up
  33. B

I’m done

Good post mate, absolutely agree
  34. B

Official Round 10 v Knights Match Discussion

Putrid, insanity if Baz not sacked after that
  35. B

Official Round 9 v Raiders Match Discussion

Bang on mate, couldn’t agree more
  36. B

News Addo-Carr sprints away with Telstra Tracker top spot

The game is crippled with stats, so much more to all the football codes that stats don’t show you
  37. B

Official Round 9 v Raiders Match Discussion

Well, another one thrown away. Trent Barrett coaching like it’s the 90’s
  38. B

Kyle Flanagan

I wish he, or bloody anyone, would straighten the attack up. Side to side is no threat at all. We have the Fox to thank for the points tonight
  39. B

Gould Blows up, runs Training session

Huge belly laugh, great post mate
  40. B

PATIENCE RUNNING OUT

A new Coach would make the world of difference and pretty sure we’d become competitive rather quickly
  41. B

Addo Carr smiling after try

Exactly this
  42. B

Rd 7 vs Broncos 3-2-1

Honestly, who cares. We got schooled…again
  43. B

Barrett Defenders

I was another, charmed by the words and wanting to believe, however now reformed. It’s plain as day he’s got to go. Not a single player or element of our play has improved on his watch. He (they) spoke of creating culture when he started and that is my biggest concern, we are now conditioned to...
  44. B

Bring back Dean Pay yes /no/why?

Good god, NO !
  45. B

Opinion Burton

We’ll said, plenty of other issues to fix first but there’s no doubt he’s not offering us much or what he was brought in to do
  46. B

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

Correct, 100%
  47. B

If you were Gus, what would you be saying to Baz?

Good call, need a statement and show that we don’t accept a losing culture. It’s getting ingrained now, Gus needs to make a move
  48. B

Opinion Jacob Kiraz man on fire

Showed more than quite a few others who have been given 20,30,40 games to grow. He looks a real find
  49. B

JMK

This guy is still a massive anchor around us developing, utterly useless even when we were dominant
  50. B

Opinion Josh Jackson = Tolman 2.0

Jackson has too much responsibility, we need his effort as nobody plays with his heart but these stupid ‘stupid slowing the play the ball’ penalties have to fxxing stop. Ffs
  51. B

Official Round 7 v Broncos Match Discussion

What a shit show, honestly. No game management in our entire side. We lost that game because we failed to put points on when we dominated 75% of that game. So angry.
  52. B

Dufty needs to get involved now, Broncs are gone around the middle, softer than us
  53. B

If we can’t win tonight, we never will
  54. B

Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

Yes, exactly this
  55. B

Who’s thinking the same?

Good post mate, I’m with you on all points
  56. B

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

I was one who actually thought Baz would turn us around but I’m afraid to say I was wrong. There is so much wrong with our side, they should be playing a lot better than they are showing. There is something seriously wrong and it’s all starting to point towards him
  57. B

Official NO EFFORT

Lack fitness, and strength, our forwards are a long way off the pace
  58. B

Official Round 6 v Rabbitohs Match Discussion

Dare I say it, Flanagan he was dominated early in the match, kept trying late in the match but that’s the least he can do at his price tag
  59. B

What a fxxing mess, suck if watching this club
  60. B

We are truly garbage Barrett has got the players scared to play, and attacking structure isgarbage Fitness is not good enough Same players costing us each week Jackson involved far too much Averillo can’t defend JMK what else can you say, just so far off NRL standard Thompson is bench...
  61. B

Because Schoup is garbage
  62. B

Gerard Sutton

Afraid to point you’re wrong on this one ol’ mate. Unconscious bias is very real and very evident in sports, backed up by evidence if you look into it
  63. B

Opinion Kyle Flanagan Take a bow

Penrith scored because they are a lot better. You can say from our mistakes but we couldn’t Get out of our half, we couldn’t keep the same intensity. Mistakes only happened because of that.
  64. B

Positives (and no pisstake)...

Agree, summary is pretty accurate. For me the two glaring differences between both were (1) Speed and strength from Penrith much better than us (2) we lack an on field game manager
  65. B

JMK

JMK is a liability in attack and defense He’s a million miles from NRL standard
  66. B

Official Round 5 v Panthers Match Discussion

The speed and strength shown by Penrith against our guys was alarming. Also JMK has to go, there are so many things wrong with that guy as a dummy half, can’t believe he’s still picked
  67. B

Opinion Round 5 positives

1. We constructed a decent try 2. TPJ 3. MKing
  68. B

Get this player, get that player.......what for?

Agree with all the sentiments, it’s definitely a coaching issue. I’ve been a Barrett fan but seems that his talking and persona do not carry over to this coaching biz. Good enough team today to be competitive, no excuse for that score line, it’s on him
  69. B

Payne Haas

games are won in the forwards and I’d hardly say we’ve over capitalized when talking 2 seasons away. And further, you’ll not get a quality half if you have rubbish forwards, they want to play behind a dominant pack. It’s honestly a ‘no brainer’, just the negotiation semantics
  70. B

Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

Schoupp is garbage, yes he’s young but def not NRL standard
  71. B

We lost but im proud of the effort.

Agree with everything stated here. We really lack an on field game manager. Had enough possession and field position to post points but came up empty. It was a million times better than last few years though so hope it continues
  72. B

Opinion Barrett

he was never ever coming in to be part of the Bulldogs. He is Barrett’s mentor, that’s it. For those who do not understand that also means he’s not coach, he’s supporting him many different ways including managing the situations he has and will face. the media have done a great job confusing...
  73. B

Rivalries

NRL HQ Referees Media
  74. B

Cotric to raiders in 2022

Disagree totally. You don’t dump a premium players to free cap for >1 year. I have no inside knowledge but if this happens we’ll see something in return, no doubt at all. its insane otherwise and Gus is definitely not that.
  75. B

Cotric to raiders in 2022

Nope, this is wrong. You can’t have SC pressure in isolation, it has to be connected to a plan and improvement, be it now or later. Your logic is flawed.
  76. B

Official December Update from CEO, Chairman & Head Coach(including confirmation of Kikau and Mahoney both 4 year deals)

I genuinely think it’s Gus taking the high road and not disrespecting the clubs these guys still need to play for this year. If anyone is for the greater good of the game, it’s Gus, and reckon it’s his way of getting signings done now, because you basically have to, but leaving the fanfare for...
  77. B

News (Yawn..) Cronk: Dogs spent $3m to become a contender but ignored one key issue. It spells ‘trouble’

Exactly this! It’s why the 6 again is the single biggest blight on the game
  78. B

What would you do if we merged?

Exactly this !
  79. B

Bold predictions

Bulldogs fail to win a penalty count ……………..oh wait, you said ‘bold’ prediction
  80. B

Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

Bang on, great post. Sit back and enjoy the rebuild. Too many bitches in here, worried about garbage salaries they have no insight of.
  81. B

Opinion Top 8 in 2022?

Squad looks a lot better on paper so we should expect sharp improvement. However we do still have key spine uncertainty and for me the biggest issue is our forward pack. We were disgraceful last year and have made just a couple of signings. Our the forwards we’ve signed brilliant and how do we...
  82. B

Official Braidon burns takes the final roster spot

You can’t play with kids mate, need NRL experience and without paying a fortune every squad needs these type of players
  83. B

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Spencer Leniu

No, Port Hacking HS at Miranda
  84. B

Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Spencer Leniu

I went to school with him, nobody knew even played footy until he emerged in Sharks outfit. Was not even quick at school, always a laugh for the boys that guy
  85. B

Rd 25 Dogs vs Tigers 3-2-1

Agree mate, this guy was the only shite contributor today, thank fxxk he only played 20 mins or so
  86. B

Barret and Furner don’t see eye to eye

Headline here s/be: ‘Barrett and Furner don’t see!’
  87. B

The Schoupp count

and can’t pass
  88. B

Apologies

Honestly, if we’re rating Patolo on that performance we are doomed.
  89. B

Rd 24 Dogs vs Sea Eagles 3-2-1

Geez are standards are low these days ….. Patolo ….really
  90. B

Opinion Where would you expect the Doggies to be at half way mark in 2022 poll

Absolutely, been saying same thing, our forwards are not good enough and won’t matter who is in back line
  91. B

Official Adam Elliott and Bulldogs part ways

Flush this fool down the can. If we want any semblance of culture and standards set, he’s straight on a plane back to SYD to clear his locker out tonight
  92. B

3 more weeks of pain

And forwards, our pack next year is only marginally better than this year
  93. B

News How Gould’s hands are all over Dogs; Jimmy Brings

Our forwards next year are only moderately better than this year, we’ve got a way to go yet before being considered decent
  94. B

Official Mavoni tuifua signed

I’d say it’s looking better….not good. IMO, we are several forwards short, we’ll win more than a few games
  95. B

Opinion We need an experienced half

Id agree, if only he wasn’t a biscuit
  96. B

Opinion We need an experienced half

Nobody could play behind our forward pack, they are all utter garbage. I’m concerned next year may not be much better on that basis. Two forwards coming in, still leaves us very much short. I’ve never seen a weaker pack, just disgraceful