Official Round 6 v Rabbitohs Match Discussion

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna see Baz call out Sutton specifically
+1 may not change the outcome but sometimes poor behaviour changes when someone is being watched. Be good if someone from the media runs some stats on his officiating and calls him out as well

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will make the Tigers look like a top 4 team when we vs them

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The second option is the other possibility. Personally I hope it happens, because it will mean we are improving and winning some games.

But, just for a moment, stepping into fantasy land because you keep dodging questions based in reality, what is it you want to happen?
What I hope is hopefully already happening in the background. There is no way Gould can’t see that Barrett doesn’t cut it, or for that matter Khourey and the board.

We need to find our next coach, but it needs to be the right one. Unless Gus wants the whistle again himself we need to be talking now with potentials.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dare I say it, Flanagan
I’ll give it to Thompson..126 meters 55 tackles.. Surprised me!
he was dominated early in the match, kept trying late in the match but that’s the least he can do at his price tag

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ll give it to Thompson..126 meters 55 tackles.. Surprised me!
68 minutes so 126 metres aren't that impressive. He was tackling everything today tho.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Soz mate, I’m done with any Barrett defence. He needs to go as soon as Gould and co find a proper coach.
And that’s fine mate I won’t be crying into my schooner if we axe him. I was there live and the boys looked switched on and ready to go and came out looking ready to do business. The Marshall King sin bin was a gross exaggeration by the ref who I thought had a piss poor game. Boys dropped their bundle a bit when down to 12 men. Next week must win and if we don’t clean up some of the bottom 8 teams I’ll be waving the sack Baz sign with you.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
68 minutes so 126 metres aren't that impressive. He was tackling everything today tho.
I’d be flat out trying to make one..lol! But seriously what most disappoints me with him is he rarely takes the ball up out of the 40 when the Dogs are under pressure..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Smug **** Brandy and Tallis laughing after press conference. Wonder what was said

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What I hope is hopefully already happening in the background. There is no way Gould can’t see that Barrett doesn’t cut it, or for that matter Khourey and the board.

We need to find our next coach, but it needs to be the right one. Unless Gus wants the whistle again himself we need to be talking now with potentials.
And who is the right coach?

It wouldn't surprise me if Gus has at least got some quiet feelers out keeping him aware of other moves happening out there. However, there are at least three problems with the timeline you propose:

1. Who can realistically be gotten right now, or even at the end of the season?
2. Anyone that you do get is going to want to take charge of their own roster, so we will have another two seasons of "re-building", and the likelihood of at least some of the decent players Barrett has brought in having a poor reaction is high.
3. There is no guarantee that even if a top 4 coach came over, that they would turn things around in less than 2 seasons. The problem that you have then is that a bunch of fans, media, and sponsors start screaming that Barrett was given only 2 seasons (or less, based on the schedule that you want), so why is the new coach being given special favours? If that happens, we probably lose Gus, who is our single biggest hope of getting back to being a top 8 team. This, by the way, is probably the reason Gus won't fire Barrett, he understands these problems. He is going to give him long enough so that either; (a) Barrett and the team actually start to figure things out and turn things around, or (b) the next coach is assured by the fact we gave Barrett either his full 3 season or until he walked (after not being re-signed during his 3rd season in charge, and can proceed with confidence that the board/Gus will give him a decent chance.

Hence, if Barrett goes before the end of the season, you can forget about us getting off the bottom for a while to come, in fact you can probably forget about us getting a decent coach. That is the reality of where we stand. So what do you want? Do you want us to lose badly next week to put more pressure on the sack Barrett movement, or do you want us to win?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers are laughing at us. Big time. Taking Barrett taking Gus. Taking burton. They moved him to centre he loved it so much he wants the origin spot in centres. He is the biggest flop in halves. Has nothing but a bomb kick and hope for a mistake off it.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Panthers are laughing at us. Big time. Taking Barrett taking Gus. Taking burton. They moved him to centre he loved it so much he wants the origin spot in centres. He is the biggest flop in halves. Has nothing but a bomb kick and hope for a mistake off it.
Burton played in the halves for Penrith during origin last year and he was better than luai

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And who is the right coach?

It wouldn't surprise me if Gus has at least got some quiet feelers out keeping him aware of other moves happening out there. However, there are at least three problems with the timeline you propose:

1. Who can realistically be gotten right now, or even at the end of the season?
2. Anyone that you do get is going to want to take charge of their own roster, so we will have another two seasons of "re-building", and the likelihood of at least some of the decent players Barrett has brought in having a poor reaction is high.
3. There is no guarantee that even if a top 4 coach came over, that they would turn things around in less than 2 seasons. The problem that you have then is that a bunch of fans, media, and sponsors start screaming that Barrett was given only 2 seasons (or less, based on the schedule that you want), so why is the new coach being given special favours? If that happens, we probably lose Gus, who is our single biggest hope of getting back to being a top 8 team. This, by the way, is probably the reason Gus won't fire Barrett, he understands these problems. He is going to give him long enough so that either; (a) Barrett and the team actually start to figure things out and turn things around, or (b) the next coach is assured by the fact we gave Barrett either his full 3 season or until he walked (after not being re-signed during his 3rd season in charge, and can proceed with confidence that the board/Gus will give him a decent chance.

Hence, if Barrett goes before the end of the season, you can forget about us getting off the bottom for a while to come, in fact you can probably forget about us getting a decent coach. That is the reality of where we stand. So what do you want? Do you want us to lose badly next week to put more pressure on the sack Barrett movement, or do you want us to win?
Sorry mate, you can write as many paragraphs as you like trying to get me to agree with your sentiment of Barrett and “the team” coming good.

IT WONT HAPPEN. And not because you think I or anyone else is death riding the team. It’s actually embarrassing that you are trying to suggest that.

I love this club and team as much as anyone that ever has. Doing the same thing over and over again hoping the outcome will be different is madness..

It’s a massive problem and needs to be handled properly, but he is done, end of.