Official Braidon burns takes the final roster spot

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was very good prior to his 3 knee operations and 2 fcuked hammys

he dislocated his knee cap against us couple years back and has lost all his speed and footwork

it’s a pass from me
Definite no no

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of that. Burns is a slug, TPJ is an out and out middle and potentially our best prop. Jackson is done on an edge. Asiata shouldn:t be anywhere near the starting side, etc. I don't think I'm a fan of how Baz and most people on here want the team to play lol.
Agreed jack in backrow as well

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was very good prior to his 3 knee operations and 2 fcuked hammys

he dislocated his knee cap against us couple years back and has lost all his speed and footwork

it’s a pass from me
Definite no no
I said to my mate who goes for Souths that the poor bastard has had similar luck to Chase Stanley.. Hopefully Braidon comes good unlike Chase. If not, he cost nothing and can be released. If he does, we get a solid FG backup with good experience for dirt cheap.

Gus is taking chances on injury prone players on cheap deals, which I don't mind. But like others have said, I'm not sure we have the physios and strength and conditioning coach to get the best out of those players and help turn their careers around..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said to my mate who goes for Souths that the poor bastard has had similar luck to Chase Stanley.. Hopefully Braidon comes good unlike Chase. If not, he cost nothing and can be released. If he does, we get a solid FG backup with good experience for dirt cheap.

Gus is taking chances on injury prone players on cheap deals, which I don't mind. But like others have said, I'm not sure we have the physios and strength and conditioning coach to get the best out of those players and help turn their careers around..
Well said all round

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Not a fan of that. Burns is a slug, TPJ is an out and out middle and potentially our best prop. Jackson is done on an edge. Asiata shouldn:t be anywhere near the starting side, etc. I don't think I'm a fan of how Baz and most people on here want the team to play lol.
Arnt we all lucky you arnt the coach then [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Arnt we all lucky you arnt the coach then [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
He is right. Burns and asiata are wasted top 30 spots and just duds that we will be looking forward to releasing. Idc about all this optimistic bs, face the truth.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Incredible news about the academic team of the year !
Those two now shooting for Origin academic selection in 22
Surely we win the comp now

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is right. Burns and asiata are wasted top 30 spots and just duds that we will be looking forward to releasing. Idc about all this optimistic bs, face the truth.
You might be right but most people thought the same about Ava when we signed him. Both Asiata and Burns would cost nothing to release if they don't work out.. Hopefully they surprise some people and can contribute.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cleary the Bennett system for us to go with is that which is employed by the teams who have made it to the GF. Which are also the two teams we seem to be sourcing most of our new players from.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You might be right but most people thought the same about Ava when we signed him. Both Asiata and Burns would cost nothing to release if they don't work out.. Hopefully they surprise some people and can contribute.
Two years of burns just stinking up the top 30 makes me mad :rage:

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Asiata can get back to his cowboys form from a few years back, he’ll be a great buy. He’s basically a smaller version of kasiano with his ball playing. Will take pressure off the young halves

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is also the unseen factor of how well or how poorly they contribute to team culture in the day by day grind of training. The team as a unit didn't gel this season, that is pretty clear. I'd not be surprised if at least 1 or 2 of recent recruits are done more with the 6 days between games in mind.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cleary the Bennett system for us to go with is that which is employed by the teams who have made it to the GF. Which are also the two teams we seem to be sourcing most of our new players from.
I hope Rabbits win then so Baz doesn't feel justified :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We'll see what happens.. If he gets seriously injured again, he could be released or even potentially medically retired. Hopefully he can stay healthy because he was a good player before all of his injuries.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burns will be better for us than Montoya was (for e.g.) and Burns is going to be a back up not a starter. I really think Burns is good depth and from how I've seen him perform at the Rabbits I think I'd feel comfortable with him slotting in due to injury or someone else's form.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can’t play with kids mate, need NRL experience and without paying a fortune every squad needs these type of players

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Dufty
Cotric
Burns
Schoupp/Naden
Addocarr
Burton
Averillo

Thata stacked backline . The worry is forward depth and a strong controlling spine player .
Averillo is a great talent let’s hope he will grow even more after a full off season training in the halves with better support surrounding him .

I’d assume our forward pack would look like

Vaughan
Jmk
Thommo
Jacko
Tpj
Asiata

Hetherington
Ava
Rfm/Waddell/new signing
Bbo?

honestly if we had a experienced coach at the helm I’d be super excited and confident of top 8 .
You would start Burns over Naden ? Madone

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This guy reminds me of Steven Hughes.... So much ability but can't stay on the field.... I'm willing to give him a chance if he can stay injury free we have ourself a good player....