Burton is not worth big dollars

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will go as far as saying if we had Adam Reynolds in our side we win that game today. He is the difference in getting our structures in order and knowing how to control a game. Take him out of the Bronco's today and the score is closer because Reynolds controls 99% of their plays, though we still would not have won.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The frequency of his better games (or should I say the in-frequency) is the problem.

He produces once in every 5 or 6 games and that's just not t good enough.
And the gap between his good and bad games is huge.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comparing him to Mbye is going way too far.. Seriously...
Is it?
Really?

Mbye also produced every once in 6 or 7 games too.

Don't get wrong. I'm not praising Mbye. I think he is a fraud for earning the coin he has managed in his career.. but I'm just comparing their output

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with you with our marquee players. They aren't stepping up. They are probably making more mistakes or bad decisions than most players. They should be standing out amongst everyone else but they are only for the wrong reasons.

Compare Bronco's marquee Adam Reynolds, absolutely stands above the rest and controls the game. I know he has more experience but if we are paying similar dollars for our marquee's then we aren't getting the value out of them.
Good point this.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He had a play or two in him but is far too inconsistent. The argument that he has muppets around him also doesn’t stack up, he lacks genuine speed and I feel like his game acumen is not the best, hence his poor passing game and ability to influence outcomes on the field. Good player but not going to be elite or carry us to the promised land, that’s crystal clear already.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had a play or two in him but is far too inconsistent. The argument that he has muppets around him also doesn’t stack up, he lacks genuine speed and I feel like his game acumen is not the best, hence his poor passing game and ability to influence outcomes on the field. Good player but not going to be elite or carry us to the promised land, that’s crystal clear already.
When he hits his prime with a good team around him, he’s the type of 6 that wins comps. Obviously will need a 7 and forward pack which he current doesn’t have. Don’t be short sighted, for him to be our most important player at 22 years old is not a normal thing. He’s had some shit games but halves hit their prime later than normal, Cody walker, SJ, Hynes etc. He will get there

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the gap between his good and bad games is huge.
Yep this is true too.
It's bad enough not playing well frequently enough, but to have such bad games in between the good is a double whammy.

I don't know what's worse....
Having good games too infrequently or having such massive difference between your good and bad games...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it?
Really?

Mbye also produced every once in 6 or 7 games too.

Don't get wrong. I'm not praising Mbye. I think he is a fraud for earning the coin he has managed in his career.. but I'm just comparing their output
There is no comparing their output. Burton has ten times the talent and ability that Mbye has. I know you hate Burton and you and everyone else have the knives out after today but you're getting carried away by even mentioning Mbye.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By the way Burton is on 650k after getting upgraded. He's not on huge money. Luke Brooks just signed for 650k and Schuster signed for 850k.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There is no comparing their output. Burton has ten times the talent and ability that Mbye has. I know you hate Burton and you and everyone else have the knives out after today but you're getting carried away by even mentioning Mbye.
I don't rate Burton more than a centre but he still is better than Mbye lol

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncs are a good side top of the ladder for a reason but Burtons defense needs work it was shite

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of work happening behind the scenes. But what exciting is our pathways are winning again. That’s what will produce sustained success long term. For first time in 12 years our under 17s boys won GF, our field and women’s runners up. Our under 21s men are coming 2nd and our 2nd grade coming 1st currently. That is what is really exciting. A few signings here and there help but the success Is achieved through whole of club development

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of work happening behind the scenes. But what exciting is our pathways are winning again. That’s what will produce sustained success long term. For first time in 12 years our under 17s boys won GF, our field and women’s runners up. Our under 21s men are coming 2nd and our 2nd grade coming 1st currently. That is what is really exciting. A few signings here and there help but the success Is achieved through whole of club development
That’s from the executives mouth himself

Pricey102

Waterboy
Reaction score
The guy has zero vision, has no creativity to fool defenses and a mediocre kicking game. All he does is bomb and grubber.

Has not put one player through a hole this year.

Didn't step up at all today.

I'm not convinced he's our long term 5/8th solution.
Wrong

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When he hits his prime with a good team around him, he’s the type of 6 that wins comps. Obviously will need a 7 and forward pack which he current doesn’t have. Don’t be short sighted, for him to be our most important player at 22 years old is not a normal thing. He’s had some shit games but halves hit their prime later than normal, Cody walker, SJ, Hynes etc. He will get there
I really hope you’re right, but I just don’t see it happening.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bumtonne$$ cant defend to save his life. He is surrounded by crap, with terrible coaching.
The old country boys favour Panthers have to do.
Watch Isaiya Yeo in his first 2 to 3 years.