News 'Unacceptable': Bulldogs skipper rips team's performance after 'disappointing' loss to Warriors

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, it’s not effort, it’s talent. The squad and forwards in particular are very weak by NRL standards.
Asking them to put more effort in isn’t going to get it done.
I think it’s effort.
It doesn’t take talent to get in front of AFB and tackle him, instead he skipped through to score untouched.
Doesn’t take talent for our forwards to put their hands up and take a run. Their performance was pitiful.
Doesnt take talent to hold onto the ball, doesn’t take talent to make your tackles, doesn’t take talent to stop giving away dumb penalties.
These are all effort areas. This team does not overcome adversity. Really good when things are clicking and going their way but when they need to get in the trenches and work hard they flop.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t watch the game last night. At a friggen kids party.

Who was poor ?

I said at start of week I thought they would roll through us in the middle. They held their own against the panthers last week so they were always going to handle our powder puffs

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it’s effort.
It doesn’t take talent to get in front of AFB and tackle him, instead he skipped through to score untouched.
Doesn’t take talent for our forwards to put their hands up and take a run. Their performance was pitiful.
Doesnt take talent to hold onto the ball, doesn’t take talent to make your tackles, doesn’t take talent to stop giving away dumb penalties.
These are all effort areas. This team does not overcome adversity. Really good when things are clicking and going their way but when they need to get in the trenches and work hard they flop.
Maybe talent not quite the word but all the heart in the world without the physical capabilities and competence isn’t going to change anything.
Yelling louder and asking blokes to play above their level with dogz of war garbage is nonsensical. An average runner can’t run elite time because you ask for effort. An average gym athlete can’t power lift because you ask for effort.
We simply don’t have the cattle.
Bigger issue now is pointing to younger blokes to come in and get it done also won’t work because they just aren’t ready (Edwards, Hughes, etc)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maybe talent not quite the word but all the heart in the world without the physical capabilities and competence isn’t going to change anything.
Yelling louder and asking blokes to play above their level with dogz of war garbage is nonsensical. An average runner can’t run elite time because you ask for effort. An average gym athlete can’t power lift because you ask for effort.
We simply don’t have the cattle.
Bigger issue now is pointing to younger blokes to come in and get it done also won’t work because they just aren’t ready (Edwards, Hughes, etc)
Agree to some extent. But each individual is not performing to their best, be it talent, skill or effort.

The guys are running on empty and non performers need to drop back to Cup to show the jersey means something to aspire to and it does mean something to those few guys who are actually executing and the coach will back you if you put in and perform.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it's like your team, some posters posting the same shit after each game. In different threads. lol

Think they know it all, wouldn't know the difference between shit & clay.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the BS talk is so cheap. The club is lacking quality depth. Still. Until that changes in 10 years or so like many are happy to except, nothing will change.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the fact he has come out, but you can only say it so many times before it become blah blah blah. TBH am quite sick of it....
How many years have we been hearing excuse upon excuse, how about stfu and actually prove you want to win on the field, even the tigers are showing grit our team is pathetic!!!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH. Reed doesn’t look he is handling the captaincy well. Always a big ask for a first year player at a club, especially one who was not an experienced captain. I still think JAC is the only player in our team who has leadership qualities. Reed and Burton IMO are attempts to manufacture a leader. But we still not forwards, a 7 and a 1 if we are gunna win games regardless who the captain is