Gerard Sutton

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see the morons are playing the "Victim Card" early...
We lose because the team is desperate and make far too many basic and often stupid errors, and we have VERY basic tactics in attack that's why, the ref, no matter who he is, doesn't enter into the squad's poor performance.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Since Graham left us he's been ok to us. We have just been shit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He is a crook and a criminal pretending to be a referee :rage:
It's a combination of poor coaching, fitness, footy nous, players laziness and lack of effort in key areas and the extra fatigue caused by one-sided refereeing by Sutton and other refs that don't adjudicate fairly or evenly.

When we improve in all those key areas, we MAY not be as hampered by his "interpretations" of the rules.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a combination of poor coaching, fitness, footy nous, players laziness and lack of effort in key areas and the extra fatigue caused by one-sided refereeing by Sutton and other refs that don't adjudicate fairly or evenly.

When we improve in all those key areas, we MAY not be as hampered by his "interpretations" of the rules.
I recognise that our game is below par now, but he's been nasty to us ever since he came on the seen, unfortunately for us it's a collective approach by all so called referees, it goes back to the days when the crooks and half owners of the game News ltd turned on us for refusing to sign Souffs death warrant, we automatically became a target on and off the field, it's the day rugby league died and the rise of The National Rorts League :rage:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see the morons are playing the "Victim Card" early...
We lose because the team is desperate and make far too many basic and often stupid errors, and we have VERY basic tactics in attack that's why, the ref, no matter who he is, doesn't enter into the squad's poor performance.
Well the extra fatigue caused by the b.s calls we doesn't help our cause.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure of exact stats all time. But I can tell you this, our last win under him was against Saints on the Queens Birthday last year. Our previous win under him was in round 1, 2016 against Manly at Brookvale. In between those 2 wins were 18 consecutive losses In a five and a half year period.
We’ve been shit for 5 years we would have a bad win loss under every ref in that time

Last edited:

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grunthos it is quite obvious you have not been a Bulldogs supporter long enough to understand the refereeing issues. Thr BS calls were coming thick and fast long before the BS mistakes. The Dogs for a long time have had to work harder for their wins than other teams. This had been ongoing even back as far as the 80's and 90's.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grunthos it is quite obvious you have not been a Bulldogs supporter long enough to understand the refereeing issues. Thr BS calls were coming thick and fast long before the BS mistakes. The Dogs for a long time have had to work harder for their wins than other teams. This had been ongoing even back as far as the 80's and 90's.
First off,
I was taken to my first Dogs game when I was 5, I am now 60...
And have been a coach of both league and union for 20 years both minis and seniors at both club and school levels.
Your talking rubbish, teams that get pinged all the time is usually because of a lack of discipline or poor playing style nothing more and nothing less, bleating that their "out to get us" is the sort of pin-headed rot heard from nonperforming experts sitting on the hill or behind a keyboard!

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has it ever crossed your mind that the BS calls are from the teams BS mistakes!?
Its more the calls we don't get..I'm not one who thinks that the bulldogs are the only targets..but I reckon there is unconscious bias against a few teams...a simple example is when a black and white rule like outside shoulder became an interpreted decision. Only time in the past few years. We are not alone though...I reckon the Warriors and Titans also get the rough end consistently more than other teams.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its more the calls we don't get..I'm not one who thinks that the bulldogs are the only targets..but I reckon there is unconscious bias against a few teams...a simple example is when a black and white rule like outside shoulder became an interpreted decision. Only time in the past few years. We are not alone though...I reckon the Warriors and Titans also get the rough end consistently more than other teams.
I get what you're saying but most of the time the bunker decides the outcome on important decisions and if they stopped play for every little thing the game would go on for hours.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As someone who has blown the whistle in the middle of a Rugby League field countless times, albeit over 30 years ago now. I can safely say my issue particularly with the Sutton Brothers is not the penalties we concede it's the obvious ones that are not blown in our favour.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As someone who has blown the whistle in the middle of a Rugby League field countless times, albeit over 30 years ago now. I can safely say my issue particularly with the Sutton Brothers is not the penalties we concede it's the obvious ones that are not blown in our favour.
99% of all Bulldogs supporters can see what happens on the field. We don't need to be referees ourselves to agree with you grussell.

There's a lot of other issues with the roster, the coaching etc but there is also a definite issue with one-sided refereeing.

And it is highlighted with Sutton Bros and Cummins. Proof of that are the continual incidents and controversies revolving around their games with us.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
99% of all Bulldogs supporters can see what happens on the field. We don't need to be referees ourselves to agree with you grussell.

There's a lot of other issues with the roster, the coaching etc but there is also a definite issue with one-sided refereeing.

And it is highlighted with Sutton Bros and Cummins. Proof of that are the continual incidents and controversies revolving around their games with us.
Then put together solid irrefutable evidence of one-sided refereeing and present it to the club, the league, and the media, simple.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every club has a few cranks that think the refs are always out to get them. Every team has thing go against them but when you are shit like we are you notice it more because the opposition takes advantage of it and scores, when we get something go our way we can’t do anything with it

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I did that last year to both the Bulldogs and the NRL. No response from either.
I've heard of others putting together some pretty decent stuff, and also getting nothing.

I seem to recall talk of the club having done so a few times in the past on specific issues, and not getting anywhere.

Annesleys response to the clear breaking of the obstruction rule in the Donko try is really all you need to know, the officials have powers of discretion. "Discretion" is a fancy way for Annesley to say that they don't care if their refs are biased.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First off,
I was taken to my first Dogs game when I was 5, I am now 60...
And have been a coach of both league and union for 20 years both minis and seniors at both club and school levels.
Your talking rubbish, teams that get pinged all the time is usually because of a lack of discipline or poor playing style nothing more and nothing less, bleating that their "out to get us" is the sort of pin-headed rot heard from nonperforming experts sitting on the hill or behind a keyboard!
Afraid to point you’re wrong on this one ol’ mate. Unconscious bias is very real and very evident in sports, backed up by evidence if you look into it

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

it is also possible that certain referees and certain teams just don’t gel for whatever reason and dont form a reasonable working relationship. The Dogs and Bill Harrigan weren’t a good combination for many years.

Losing the respect of a team happened to me during my junior league career. I awarded a 3 point field goal to take a team from one point behind to 2 points in front in the last 30 seconds of a knockout semi final. The field Goal kicker was elbowed in the head after the kick. Field goal was successful and that was what I was watching. Touch judges reported to me that he was fouled after the kick and it was a send off offence.

I had no option but to award the penalty kick 10 metres out in front of the posts which won the game and the bell went before we got back to half way to resume.

The losing team hated me from then on even though it was the touch judges call. Every game they disputed any decision that went against them. Marching them back a further ten metres and or a sin bin many times but it didn’t stop the disputing of my decisions. I was on reasonable terms before that.

I think this is what has happened with Sutton. I think the only current Dogs player who played on that Black Friday in 2015 is JJ. All the rest are gone to the best of my knowledge. I think it will always be in the back of Sutton‘s mind, and as such we have to be a far superior side on the day to win any game he controls.

I will always think he goes out of his way to make it hard for us, and his brother is only marginally better.

Last edited: