OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Cool doogs, death ride the side as much as you want, no skin off my shoulders
Good for you.

And you keep on expecting that awesome halves combo we have to suddenly set the world on fire. I'm sure you will not be disappointed. After all - we are getting 'better'. :innocent:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top kid though... very respectful and personally very happy he still plays professional footy.

On another note it's great to see CC and Gus display such incompetence by keeping him on our books.
Good kid for sure, trains hard, just not a good footy player unfortunately!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Feel like not much changed from last year.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn’t watch the game so I’ll just go off the high lights and what people are saying here.

Did we lose a player in the first hit up= yes
Would kiks scored that try= yes
Did the shark nock the ball before the try= yes
There is probably more but I need to watch the game.
I what CC said we could’ve been up 18-6 but we never get the calls.
so the team has potential we just need 50/50 call go our way and the game will change.
There was the hit on Kickau that should have been a send off, and a mid air tackle on Taaffe that went unpenalised. It's not just me, it is many of the media commentators saying the same thing.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was the hit on Kickau that should have been a send off, and a mid air tackle on Taaffe that went unpenalised. It's not just me, it is many of the media commentators saying the same thing.
Actually I saw that hit , I think if that was done to any big name star it would’ve been a send off.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually I saw that hit , I think if that was done to any big name star it would’ve been a send off.
Kickau is a star. It depends more on who does it. Had Preston made the hit, a send off would have been automatic.

I reckon we'll get a player sent off next week, just so the referees association can prove that they are not frightened to use the send off.

The Dogs will be the obvious target for the "crackdown".

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Peter V is corruption, the puppet of all puppets, every time I see him, corruption comes to mind!
Does V'Landys still have a role in Racing NSW because horse racing is now completely driven by online gambling?

Has Sharks Park (sorry 'PointsBet' Stadium) really been redeveloped as an NRL residential precinct? Although I'm not sure who actually owns it.

And wasn't Vegas about trying to raise the profile of NRL for gambling markets rather than seriously promoting the game (100,000 US viewers, seriously?)?

The NRL was desperate to get as many sports journalist in Australia on an all-expenses paid junket to Las Vegas to promote gambling on Rugby League.

NRL/V'Landys seem to be focused more on Las Vegas style stunts, their real estate portfolios and gambling revenue than the quality of refereeing.

The NRL would only be worried about referees having an impact on games if online-gambling or real estate revenue was affected.

The refereeing we saw last night will not stop gambling addiction or cause real estate values to drop.

So don't expect the NRL to do anything about it.

On a happy note, like many on The Kennel, Belmore and Canterbury-Bankstown and the Bulldogs are in my blood.

The greedy parasites at the top of the NRL can never take that away.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let down badly by our spine in that game. Our forward pack are our forward pack, they’re not the biggest but they’re gutsy.
But gutsy doesn’t win games when you play robotic one out football.
Exactly this

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our Top 5 players in fantasy points for the match were Curran 56, Mann 52, Preston 48, Mahoney 43 and Burton 41.

Funny how certain posters are fixated on certain players and they’re apparently into Supercoach, yet they’ll ignore this. Who was out highest scoring back? The player they have a hate boner for smh.
Darren Lockyer was ass at SC... Being a good player doesn't translate to points all the time

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positives:
- Burton improved a lot. 118m run, 1 line break and 3 tackle busts, plus he was using Kikau and Crichton much more than last week.
- Curran rapidly becoming my favourite player. 60 minutes, 40 tackles, 95m run, beautiful hair.
- If Kikau plays like that and has JAC outside him we will score plenty of points on the left.

Negatives:
- Tracey was really underwhelming. Will give him a pass for his first game and probably playing out of position but he’s going to be straight back to 18th man when JAC is back based on tonight.
- Line speed in defence killed us at times. Sharks were just galloping up the field.
- Hutchison went right too many times in attack. Kikau was carving up and Crichton wasn’t getting enough ball, we should have been shifting it left every time we could.
- Whoever kept saying Hughes was the biggest off season improver wasn’t looking very hard. Needed to step up tonight when Faamausili went down but gave us 25 minutes, 23 tackles and 18m run. Similar effort last week. If he’s as good as everyone seems to think he‘d better start showing us something soon.

Also - Nikora is a grub, Trindall is useless, referee had eyes painted on, and Cronulla fans are just the worse.
I agree with you about Curran. That hair is gorgeous.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%,im sure the NRL want to abolish one or more of the sydney based teams and we are at the top of the list. Ever since the Coffs debacle these shit kickers have been trying to bring us down and piss us off out of the competition, and in order to expand the comp they will need to thin out the Sydney based teams a bit.
I'm sure you are 100% correct. It has often been said, since the game went national that their too many teams based in Sydney.
Now lets look at which Sydney based teams are least valuable to the NRL but more importantly the games owners CH9 and News Ltd.
The 2 clubs most likely to are us (no1) and tigers (no2).

(1) Bulldogs: based in the cramped near western Subourbs area, with minimal Junior catchment, with a very large ethnic population, with a large muslim population, who are of little value to the advertising industry.
(2) Tigers, forced to use Campbell as their base, but have a reasonable junior catchment, with agood population mix, therefor more usefull for advertises than us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So - just to check - we've advanced because Sharks fan reckon we tried really really hard but had no idea what the fck we are doing half the time.

How about this then. Round 2 last year we towelled up the Storm at AAMI so at that stage - won a game. How about after 2 games last season (Eagles and Storm), we'd scored 6 tries.

And we have better cattle this year supposedly.

Anyone who reckons we haven't advanced has rocks in their head?

This is a pisstake right? Its not even a very good one. Give yourself an uppercut.
You know my history with @CaptainJackson very well. You're not going to find two people who dislike each other on here than us two. But ...

I 100% agree with what he's saying.

Individual results don't tell the whole story.

What is most important to me us seeing a club with an identity and structure that they're looking to implement.

Our defensive structure us much improved and not just a one off based on our first two performances.

Most importantly the players seem to have bought into it as they're showing commitment, determination and passion towards what they're doing.

That disallowed try for us and their try from the knock on is a 12 point swing. We're not half as bad as you're trying to make us out to be.

Sure. The results haven't gone our way but the way we're playing is a step up from last year and if we continue this improvement ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol Melbourne where missing half of their key playing roster and that was a full strength sharks outfit with one of the strongest packs in the comp drawing comparisons is a piss take right? Go give yourself an uppercut or have a cone or whatever it is you need to do to make you less of a sad ****. FMD even Hynes was surprised by how much we had improved in his post match interview. I f you can’t see an improvement from 23 to this side you aren’t looking for improvement you are looking for an opportunity to have a cry.
Spot on this tbh.

I get people wanting us to be winning, we're all the same. No one supports a team and is happy with a loss.

There's heaps of improvement left in us and areas that aren't good enough. Without doubt.

But, not to credit the positives that are being done and just spin negative crap us ridiculous. A blind man could see our improvement these first 2 games.

That doesn't mean next week we'll be even better, but all we can do is talk about the first two games and we look in a much better way than it seems most dare admit.

@Doogie included