Search results

1. Leesee

Earthquake in North QLD

5.2 in magnitude, approx 124km off the Townsville coast...more to come http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usc0002stu.php
  2. Leesee

Attn thread bumpers

dig up some classic solilola, much more amusing the virgin surgeon needs to be resurrected!
  3. Leesee

Brisbane man in ferry standoff asks police for bacon and egg McMuffin

Brisbane man in ferry standoff asks police for bacon and egg McMuffin Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/man-ties-himself-to-ferry-terminal-as-part-of-brisbane-cbd-shut-due-to-bomb-threat/story-e6frfkvr-1225943269470#ixzz13MRM9mHu A MAN at the centre of a police standoff in...
  4. Leesee

Travelling in Europe - any advice?

Hello all, Anyway, I'm halfway through booking holiday #3 for next year, and am going to Europe for the 2011 summer. We're going to the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy and Croatia (with a 2 day stopover in Dubai on the way over). Does anyone recommend any places we should visit...
  5. Leesee

Any wine drinkers?

Ok, need a little help. Have to go to a good friend's going away dinner party, and have NO idea wtf to take. I'm usually a sauvignon blanc drinker, but I can't keep taking the same thing. NO Lambrusco suggestions haha. Aaaaaand go!
  6. Leesee

Precious

have just watched this tonight, and bloody hell what a movie. this is definitely not one for people who have spent their lives wrapped up in cotton wool. i don't think i have seen a more confronting and truly sad movie in all my life. i can safely say i won't be reading the book it was adapted...
  7. Leesee

Starting over

well, i have reached the end of my tether and have finally snapped. i have decided that as of february 2011, i am quitting nursing for good and am packing up and shifting roughly 17000km away to milan, italy for at least 5 years. for any of you who have relocated internationally, i'd like to...
  8. Leesee

Mentally ill man, 23, dies in custody

Mentally ill man, 23, dies in custody By Melissa Jenkins http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/man-dies-after-allegedly-setting-himself-on-fire-in-police-custody/story-e6freonf-1225870410223 A DISTURBED young Melbourne man, who had to be restrained by up to six police officers...
  9. Leesee

When your job gets the better of you...

ergh, epic rant followed by a question coming up... after 18 months of working in adolescent mental health/some affiliation with DOCS, i am entirely burnt the **** out. 1 dislocated shoulder, 1 broken rib, and countless nights of no sleep. 16 hour days, getting assaulted/spat on/sworn at...
  10. Leesee

Charities

Hi all, This is possibly the most out of left field question I will ever ask...have any of you ever done a major fundraiser for a particular charity? I'm hoping to turn a holiday into a fundraiser for Operation Smile (they fix cleft palates and do facial surgery in third world countries), and...
  11. Leesee

China

Anyone been? I need a holiday before my ski trip in September, and Chna is starting to look like it may be the winner. Have been to Japan, so I'm keen to try a dirty Communist version. Any reports/opinions would be great!
  12. Leesee

Fur, ivory and the like

Alrighty ladies (and men too I suppose)... Is it wrong to wear fur? Do you have a problem with ivory? Do you think crocodile skin handbags are a bad idea? I'm in a bit of a pickle...I've just been given a seal pup fur bag, and also have bought a fox fur coat and am eyeing off an ivory...
  13. Leesee

ATTN: Anyone who sells footwear (namely Alex)

alrighty, who out there sells sports footwear? i know alex does, i'm plain too effing lazy to pm, but i need to know who can cut me the best deal on a pair of asics gel-hockey platinums. everywhere where i live has sold out, so they can get ****ed lol.
  14. Leesee

I wish I knew Natalie Portman

holy god, one of the most addictive songs i have heard in a loooong time. who'd have thought that ****ty OC theme song could've sounded decent... discuss
  15. Leesee

Sizzler

have just returned from sizzler, and am absolutely horrified it now costs $22 for the salad bar. wtf, since when did this place think it was worthy of such a hefty price tag? the food is still as ****house as it has ever been! i made sure i ate for 2 hours straight...7 plates of food +...
  16. Leesee

Boat licences

Anyone got one??? And how hard was the testing stuff? I need to get one, but ffs, as if I will ever be able to drive it as drinking + boating go hand in hand
  17. Leesee

Carl Webb fight tonight

Sooooooo, just reminding y'all that big Charlie Webb is an undercard for the Mundine fight tonight. Webby was a junior Golden Glove, so this could be a decent fight. Rookie Carl Webb weighs in for bout http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...345_sport.html JOSH ALSTON January 11th, 2010...
  18. Leesee

Legal drug teen ripped his scrotum off

Legal drug teen ripped his scrotum off http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2747979/Lad-ripped-his-scrotum-off.html By VINCE SOODIN Published: 26 Nov 2009 A LEGAL drug known as 'meow meow' led one lad to rip off his own SCROTUM, police said today. The lad hallucinated for...
  19. Leesee

Calming your nerves

yes i realise i'm a mental health nurse and should know these things, but ffs if a patient is nervous we just give them valium and they go to sleep. don't have to think then. what the hell do you guys to help calm your nerves??? i have a fitness test with the AFP tomorrow, and am so nervous...
  20. Leesee

2009 - the year in review

well, it's that time of year again. it's almost christmas, you think to yourself 'where did the year go' and you're already making resolutions that you know you'll never keep. how was 2009 for you overall?? on a scale of 1-10, i'd give it about a 7. had a lot of insanely ****ed up **** happen...
  21. Leesee

When your parents sell the family home...

Man I'm devastated about this. I love that house, why do they need to buy a new one??? Does anyone else get separation anxiety from your old house when the folks decide to move into a new one? ps - someone please turn up to the auction and buy it. They kinda went and bought a new house and...
  22. Leesee

NEED HELP QUICK!!! please!

oh ****, how do you get mascara out of clothing??? i had a bit of a parkinson's moment and dropped the wand on my dress. i'm ready to cry... all help appreciated.
  23. Leesee

Telling your friend...

- her boyfriend is a ****wit - she needs to lose weight - the dress she bought does absolutely nothing for her - she is a brat feel free to add any other to brainstorm. i figured telling her that her bf has high-functioning aspergers was probably not the best thing lol. how the hell do...
  24. Leesee

Binges

oh god, epic binge right here. double quarter pounder meal. i don't think i can breathe, but **** it's good. to the cop who just tried picking me up in maccas...yes, i was wearing a dress with a zip all the way down the front and had a croatia soccer jersery on over the top, and i was ordering...
  25. Leesee

Farts

are hilarious. the end. **** my friday night is literally **** haha.
  26. Leesee

Shoulder problems

anyone out there got dramas with their shoulder? i popped the left one a few months back and have a degree of rotator cuff damage (can't lift my arm above my head). my right shoulder is hyper-flexible from years of throwing. between the 2, i'm expected to be able to do mens pushups for my stupid...
  27. Leesee

Pink ribbon day

Today is Pink Ribbon day, which is a, if not the, major fundraising day for Breast Cancer Research. 1 in 9 women will be diagnosed with this disease before they turn 85, which is a pretty scary number. It also doesn't just affect women over 50, it won't discriminate. So, if you can, please go...
  28. Leesee

21st birthday presents

I'm sure there are multiple threads on this, but because I'm the centre of the universe I'm making my own. I have to go to a 21st on Friday night for my flatmates brother. He's like my little brother, but he comes from one of those wog families where you net $10k at your 18th. Aside from...
  29. Leesee

Removing acrylic nails

Oh. Sweet. ****. THE PAIN!!! Admittedly, I am using a pair of nail scissors and a pair of normal scissors to crack these mongrels off, but jesus me. Don't ever get acrylic nails for the removal process alone. Me and my brilliant idea to learn the cello...
  30. Leesee

Naughty children

No, this isn't a rant thread, I want help from you guys! As you all obviously know, I have been working in mental health, and in particular child and adolescent psychiatry has been my home. My real area of interest is the personality disorder and the liar, and in children it's all early onset...
  31. Leesee

The most you've paid for a cup of coffee...

Ok, so I'm at the Gold Coast today, and in my usual fashion I hadn't eaten anything so I decide to have a caffeine fix. I get to the end of the line and I hear 'That'll be $7 thanks' $7. WTF. It wasn't even that good. Please tell me someone else out there has paid more than that, or else...
  32. Leesee

Turning the bed down?

I have a very serious question to ask here...do any of you know what this means??? *tahlia, please don't kill me lol*
  33. Leesee

The Lemon detox diet blog

as a self proclaimed crash dieter, i figure i may as well keep a daily update on what can only assume is going to be one hungry and pissed off week of my life... if any of you have also done this, feel free to pipe up. so far today, i've read over everything, and i have come to realise that...
  34. Leesee

When your folks have the midlife crisis...

Fmd, I don't know how much more of this I can take. My old man's losing it. He wants to come out to the pub with us tomorrow night, just so he can ty and relive his 20's (which, he didn't really have...3 kids before 30 will do that to you). I figure I'm just gonna have to buy a crash helmet...
  35. Leesee

Spitting

is there anything more disgusting than this act? i was recently spat on (again...how many times it's happened i have no idea), and i took it to the next level and spat back. i now realise i'm on the same level as a psych patient lol. because of spitting, i had to be tested for communicable...
  36. Leesee

Putting down pets

i'm sure there's another of these threads somewhere, but meh. i'm too upset. my poor fatty fell today and broke his fetlock (ankle). the vet has him comfortable until i get out there tomorrow where i will do the honours. it absolutely kills me...i got him after my boyfriend died, so he's been...
  37. Leesee

Corsets

ok girls, i'll admit, i'm a massive fan. there's this great shop up here in brisbane that makes all their gear on the gold coast, and they only sell corsets. they may not be cheap, but i'm not sure if there's anything hotter. i currently own 3, but i think that once i hit 10 i may need to be...
  38. Leesee

Extreme sports

i got to thinking, perhaps i've got too much of a passion for the white knuckle sports. how i haven't killed myself is beyond me. any of you guys got into any of the extreme stuff? i absolutely love it, and i guess that pretty much just shows my lack of self preservation. i have to say...
  39. Leesee

Elise and Tahl need your help!

alrighty, so the dynamic duo will be gracing sydney with our presence for round 25, which is the last weekend of this month. we're staying for 3 nights, so we need your help to plan a radical itinerary. fire away :)
  40. Leesee

Plastic surgery

ok girls, what's your take on it? do you think it's worth it, would you ever have it done, etc? i'm currently considering botox, blepharopasty (eyelid surgery), and potentially even lipo. before i get shot down in flames for wanting botox, i've been smoking since i was 13, combined with...
  41. Leesee

LOL QLD is the smart state alright!!!

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009/aug/02/stupid-stunt-outside-cop-shop/ Stupid stunt outside cop shop 12:00a.m. 2nd August 2009 By Anne-Louise Brown The Macquarie Dictionary defines “stupid” as lacking ordinary activity and keenness of mind. According to Senior Sergeant Ray...
  42. Leesee

Police

ok, so i'm just curious to know your thoughts on the police. no, i'm not referring to speeding fines. do you respect them, think they're ******s, appreciate what they do, etc? obviously, i'm currently a mental health nurse, and it's worn me out. i am changing careers, and at this point it's...
  43. Leesee

Opinions please!!!

Ok folks... I need your honest opinion of a wonderful little place known as Canberra. There's a pretty good chance I'll be moving there next year, and I need to know if I should be changing my career choice ASAP lol. Fire away
  44. Leesee

Moving back in with your parents

Oh god, easily the scariest 6 words i will ever say. Yes, it's mighty unfortunate, but it's looking as though I have to move back in with my parents. In just over 2 weeks. Is it really that bad living with your folks?? For those of you who've had to move back in, was it really that bad...
  45. Leesee

Crash dieting

Oh the irony of this thread...a nurse who crash dieted and ended up in hospital lol... Ok, so yes I've been crash dieting for close to probably 6 months, and I've lost close to 20kg. Yeah, I thought I was invincible. Last week I developed a sore throat, and thought nothing of it. My immune...
  46. Leesee

The travel thread

Ok guys, for any tips, and places to visit, put them here. Reason I've made this thread is because I booked flights to Japan tonight. In my sick state, I didn't actually think about what I'm actually going to do there for a whole week. Anyone who's been, give me some ideas...my trip...
  47. Leesee

Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton version)

Oh my God, if there's ever a movie I have been excited for, it's this one. Yes, I made my Nonna get this movie out from the video shop every week as a kid, so it's fair to say this is my favourite movie ever. This is due for release in 2010, and it should be great! Johnny Depp as the...
  48. Leesee

Eels vs Cowboys

worst game of 2009. 14 points in 11 minutes to the eels. so angry right now.
  49. Leesee

Kids admitted to adult psychiatric wards

Kids admitted to adult psychiatric wards http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25409837-421,00.html CHILDREN are being admitted to adult psychiatric wards in Tasmania, the State Opposition has said. Opposition health spokesman Brett Whiteley said 58 children and adolescents were admitted...
  50. Leesee

A massive thank you

Would just like to thank everyone who passed on their wellwishes when I announced the other half had cancer. In a cruel twist of fate, he developed a DVT, and ended up with a Pulmonary Embolus. At 1.28pm this afternoon, he passed away. You never expect this to happen, nor do you expect to...
  51. Leesee

Tackling lightpoles

ok, so i get a phone call this morning while i was at work, saying 3 of my players had gone and hurt themselves last night, and it looks like they will be out for sometime. 1 - my brother, after running down the street in fluro pink jocks, his shoes and a hat while trying to outrun an...
  52. Leesee

The Hahn ad

Could any better an ad have been made? Best ringtone I've ever had on any phone. My mum is appalled that my phones screams 'I'm a tits and ass man' everytime I get a call. To top it off, my phone went off about 20 minutes before I went into court yesterday, and it's always nice to watch a...
  53. Leesee

'I like to peel eggs with rubber gloves on' Part 2

ok, so for those who don't remember me telling you about a window licker patient last week, here's something to refresh your memory... me - so what do you like to do with yourself? patient - i like to peel eggs me - that's all you like to do? patient - well, i like to peel them while...
  54. Leesee

For the love of God, please give up smoking

As a smoker, I know that it's not the easiest thing in the world, but here's something to chew on... Today I received a phone call from the other half, who is currently away on secondment in Europe. Now, he's always had a typical smoker's cough (been a pack a day smoker since he was 16), and...
  55. Leesee

Most horrific experiences of your e-life

well, i'm gonna go with seeing yianni's ass waving about on a webcam. in typical greek fashion...epic white ass, but ffs yianni, get some wax! btw i was given full permission to post this.
  56. Leesee

Men and money

Ok, it's all seriously starting to freak me out. So anyway, I managed to pick up a stray while working at the hospital, and it so just turns out that the man is not only rather attractive, an ICU doctor, French/South African and a total blueblood. At this stage, I will be moving to Paris with...
  57. Leesee

Should I consider going back to uni (DON'T EVER BE A NURSE KIDS)

ok ok, before anyone says 'but that's what you do for a job', i am well aware of what i do. here's a little insight into what i do in 12 hours a day... - get told i'm a ****, ****head, ********, moron, etc. this i can deal with. - restrain aggressive and violent patients across 4 floors of...
  58. Leesee

Getting tattooed for the sake of it...

I swear my brother takes the cake for today's 'tattoo for no real reason'. Not only is he 17, but he got the words 'ltalian stallion' in black cursive inscribed on his ass. Good to see kids are still getting stupid **** tattooed on their ass to hide from their parents. Lol it's only...
  59. Leesee

Au Revoir

No I am not following in the footsteps of Xeno, but you could perhaps accuse me of chucking a Soliola. I do not have a restaurant, but I do have a job that means I will be training, writing, researching and travelling all over the world. When I'm in Brisbane, I will be working at the hospital...
  60. Leesee

It's a girl!

Congratulations to Baza and his wife on the safe arrival of Leah Jade at 10.40am this morning. 3.79kgm and 52cm long. Congrats mate...so happy for you!
  61. Leesee

Roll call - Round 1 (Sat 14th March)

I just can't take the offseason for much longer. I'm super dooper excited about my annual trip down for the round 1 game...I'm surprised I'm even being let out of QLD. I believe we're looking at kicking things off at the Brewery at around 3pm-ish. I probably won't be showing my face till...
  62. Leesee

Sexpo

It was like I died and went to heaven. Hth
  63. Leesee

Kids and fertility

so, how many of you girls out there want to have kids eventually? if for some reason you have quite painful periods and random pelvic pain and you think it's all ok, please get it checked out. yesterday i was dealt the ultimate blow...i'm having surgery on the 9th of april to burn off...
  64. Leesee

Dad bashed over TV noise

Dad bashed over TV noise http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2008/09/26/16452_hpnews.html MALCOLM WEATHERUP September 26th, 2008 A DRUNKEN woman who repeatedly bashed her father with a pick handle after an argument about a TV remote control has been sentenced to 18 months'...
  65. Leesee

Dad's and their daughters

ok, here's a question for you ladies...how protective of you is your dad? my dad claims he isn't, but deliberately intimidates any guy i bring home and runs criminal history checks on them lol! it kills me at times. why can't he be normal lol?
  66. Leesee

Healthcare system and patients

Alright, I've had a complete and utter ****ing gutful of whingers. If one more patient says to me 'Doctors and nurses should be doing more' I swear to god I'm going to use a difibrilator on when while they're totally concious, charge it to full voltage, and inflict the most pain on them humanly...
  67. Leesee

The joys of having cameras in phones

you know how you just see things when you're out that you think 'i just have to take a photo of that'? i give you... SPRAYTAN lol
  68. Leesee

Nightshift

Is bull****. I start work in 50 minutes...10 hours of absolute hell. Today is theatre day...****ing post ops. Spinal day today. ARGH! Btw, caffeine doesn't work very well on me. I'm going to die. That is all. Please feel free to post messages of pity...I'll need it lol
  69. Leesee

Roll call vs North Queensland

As the title suggests really... Who shall be coming to the hallowed turf of Suncorp to watch the battle for the spoon? I'll be front row of the Cowboys supporters section, so my head will probably end up on TV a couple hundred times lol. Who's keen to hit up the Caxton before hand? 7.30pm...
  70. Leesee

Getting picked up on public transport

Either I've just hit a new low, or men have no shame...not quite sure. As I was suffering through my usual commute to Roma St station, the bus was overloaded. We get to my stop and the bus didn't let me off. Anyway, I yelled out to be let off, and this French guy in front of me wouldn't move...
  71. Leesee

How do you tell your Mum...

Her cooking is on the decline? Ffs my mum's been a great cook for so long, and just recently she decided she's a fruitcake champion. Truth be told, it's ****ing horrendous and gives me heartburn, but how exactly do you put it nicely? Also, her pies are no loInger edible. 've already tried the...
  72. Leesee

Roll Call vs Brisbane

Afternoon all, Just wondering who from Brisbane/is travelling to Brisbane to watch the game this Sunday? I'm happy to try and organise some sort of meet up...
  73. Leesee

The things people do...

There is a man here on the bus eating flowers. Just though I'd share what I find to be the most hilarious thing I've seen in some time lol!!! Any other ridiculous things you've seen members of the general public do??
  74. Leesee

Def Leppard

I am going to their concert. That is all. P.S - Yeeeee****ingha!!!!!!!!!
  75. Leesee

Parents charged after twins die

Parents charged after twins die http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23876597-421,00.html A COUPLE have been charged over the deaths of twin toddlers in Brisbane. Police said the 18-month-old boy and girl were found dead in a home in Dumaresq Street at Sunnybank Hills in the city's south...
  76. Leesee

Original Cowboy appointed to coaching staff

Original Cowboy appointed to coaching staff http://www.cowboys.com.au/news.php?id=448 26 May 2008 Original North Queensland Cowboys player Paul Bowman has been appointed as assistant coach to the club until the end of 2010. Bowman will assist new Cowboys coach Ian Millward in taking...
  77. Leesee

Fringes...

oh ****. i think i may be regretting this...what's the best way to deal with a side fringe that may have seemed like a good idea at the time? i haven't had a fringe since i was 5...kind of overwhelmed here. will post a picture when my phone battery has charged :(
  78. Leesee

The reason I go to work is...

to literally save people's lives. About an hour into my shift at the hospital this morning, one of my patients didn't look too crash hot. she couldn't focus, wasn't making any sense, had a weird grey-yellow colour, and looked pretty bad all round. The nurse I was working with said 'It'll be...
  79. Leesee

Foo Fighters

attention all of you who are going...you're in for an awesome awesome time!!!! went to the show last night, and it's the best live act i've been to. they played for 3 hours non-stop, dave grohl spent the whole time swearing at the audience, they change stages halfway through (i only threw this...
  80. Leesee

Splendour in the Grass 2008

The first lineup is as follows... DEVO, WOLFMOTHER, SIGUR ROS, THE LIVING END, THE PRESETS, TRICKY, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, BEN LEE, COLD WAR KIDS, THE FRATELLIS, THE WOMBATS, PNAU, LAURA MARLING, THE VINES, THE GRATES, OPERATOR PLEASE, BAND OF HORSES, VAN SHE, THE PANICS, GYROSCOPE, MSTRKRFT...
  81. Leesee

Psoriasis

ok, anyone have it? i'm about to shave my head because it's driving me insane!!! no, no cirrhosis, psoriasis. abnormal growth of skin cells. rather than renewing themselves every 12-14 days, they renew every 2-4 days. it causes a lot of itching, and skin flakes off everywhere. characterised by...
  82. Leesee

Omfg!!!!!

ok, i'm still on a high about this...today, i served the bass player from TISM!!!!! i actually saw what one of them looked like without a mask on!!!! ok, that's my news lol. any other TISM fan will understand haha!
  83. Leesee

Camping and you

Alrighty...as we know, the ANZAC day long weekend is fast approaching. My good friends have decided that we should go camping. Now, I've never gone camping with city folk before, but they were horrified when I told them all I'm taking is a couple of eskies loaded with grog, a drag net, fishing...
  84. Leesee

Pyramid selling...aka Amway

Fmd how stupid can people get and how stupid do they think I am? I had a customer today ask I wanted to earn an extra income (suspect amway). They say I only need to attend a meeting (decent probability it's amway), and by the end of the year I could be earning $100k (this has definitely got to...
  85. Leesee

I need your help!!!!

alrighty then guys, i'm sure you all saw the footy show tonight, and saw my lovely mates on the that's gold segment get the most footage played out of any others. one of them has cracked the ****s big time, and wants to win this xbox. you can help!!!! please email thatsgold@nine.com.au if...
  86. Leesee

There is nothing more disgusting than living with your brother. I mean, they're grubs. They don't clean, leave **** everywhere, and EAT EGGS ALL DAY AND HOLD YOU DOWN AND FART ON YOU. omfg i'm going to die soon...i absolutely reek of egg farts. it's bad. omg. stupid brothers lol. i just...
  87. Leesee

hiptops

Omg I think I'm addicted. Unlimited sms, web browsing, facebook, mms...all for only $30. I can send 10k sms if I want and I'm going to push this as hard as I can. Any other consumer whores have one? Best thing telstra ever made. Also kicks arse that I work for them and picked a sweet number
  88. Leesee

New Madonna song

ok, i have no idea what this song is called, but it has JT in it as well. fmd it's catchy! stupid arsed nova and their bad habits of playing songs i don't know. btw i said it was catchy, never said it was good lol. it's ****ing stupid, but so is madonna hahaha
  89. Leesee

Quick question

ok all, does anything exciting happen in sydney in october/november? am wanting to book $36 one way flights down, and need some quick inspiration. cheers!
  90. Leesee

Roll Call - Round 1

sooooooo, who's going to the game on saturday? i'm so excited i can barely sit still right now!
  91. Leesee

Uncle beheads toddler in supermarket

Uncle beheads toddler in supermarket From correspondents in Riyadh March 04, 2008 12:07am http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23316075-401,00.html A MAN beheaded his 15-month-old nephew in front of his mother in a supermarket in Saudi Arabia apparently after a family dispute, newspapers...
  92. Leesee

Wedding presents

ok, friends of mine are tying the knot on saturday. what's a good wedding present to get them? i refuse to give cash or vouchers, as i find it highly impersonal and doesn't require much thought. i'm not looking to spend a huge amount...$100 or less. help!
  93. Leesee

Cab rank desperados

Oh my god. Last night, while waiting in line for a cab home from the Valley, I struck up a conversation some random Pom bloke. Anyway, after about 10 minutes, he just says to me 'so, we catch a cab back to my place?'. I asked him if he even knew my name, to which he said no. I was VERY pissed...
  94. Leesee

Las Vegas clinic sparks HIV, hepatitis scare for 40,000 patients

Las Vegas clinic sparks HIV, hepatitis scare for 40,000 patients From correspondents in Los Angeles February 29, 2008 06:15am http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23295586-401,00.html US officials say 40,000 people may have been infected with HIV and hepatitis in a major health scare after...
  95. Leesee

Hogg announces retirement

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23284698-23212,00.html
  96. Leesee

Crash diets

ok, before i get lectured, i know they're bad for you. however, i'm up for a spot of experimentation. anyone done one that worked really well? as i said, this is purely for research :)
  97. Leesee

Floods in QLD...again

well, it seems that mother nature has unleashed her fury again. this time, mackay bore the brunt of it. 600mm of rain fell this morning, which is half the year's rainfall. people have been evacuated, and many homes have been destroyed. my grandparents were lucky that they live higher up and...
  98. Leesee

Help!!!

if that got your attention, then i''m happy. anyway, i honestly need some help. i'll be in sydney in exactly one month. having some serious difficulty finding anywhere to stay with 2 bedrooms. wotif is giving me the ****s worse than any food poisoning, and i've just about had enough...
  99. Leesee

Medical trials

just throwing up the question...has anyone ever participated in a medical trial for new or improving drugs? i've enlisted in a few trials today, simply because they pay you for the privilege. i'm hoping i get the flu vaccine one, so i can pick up $300 for the 2hrs i'm there. just wondering if...
  100. Leesee

Toddler run over by ride-on mower

Toddler run over by ride-on mower February 02, 2008 10:34pm http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23151120-1702,00.html A TODDLER who run over by a ride-on lawn mower has undergone emergency surgery. About 3pm (AEST) today the boy was in the front yard of his home north of Brisbane when...