Crash dieting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh the irony of this thread...a nurse who crash dieted and ended up in hospital lol...

Ok, so yes I've been crash dieting for close to probably 6 months, and I've lost close to 20kg. Yeah, I thought I was invincible.
Last week I developed a sore throat, and thought nothing of it. My immune system was so trashed the infection caused my kidneys to crack a massive hissy fit, and I developed acute post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis.

2 trips to emergency for the infection I had (separate to the kidneys), and 1 admission to try and get my kidneys working again. Fortunately, 1 round of dialysis, and aggressive antibiotic and steroid therapy have worked. I'll still need the steroids for another week or so, and at this stage they don't know if the glomerulonephritis has caused any long term damage. If it has, I'll NEVER forgive myself.

In short, don't crash diet. It can stop your kidneys from working lol

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will take this into consideration. I like having working kidneys

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah mine pretty much stopped all together because the glomeruli were so inflamed.
happy days lol

-313-

Damn, I would have thought that someone at your work would have had this happened to them, and you would have a lesson from it. Oh well I guess not everything happens at your work :p

P.S. get well soon

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
wowwwow 20k in 6 months thats awesome lol

i crash dieted when i was younger, i thinks that why my immune system is screwed hmmmm

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I would have thought that someone at your work would have had this happened to them, and you would have a lesson from it. Oh well I guess not everything happens at your work :p

P.S. get well soon
anorexics have the best immune systems out of any patient. that was my reasoning lol. oh god, earlier this year i attended the funeral of an eating disorder patient. didn't stop me from pushing myself into near kidney failure lol. thanks though

at least youre lookin good elise!!! :p lol
rofl thanks tina. haha current avatar is from today, so it hasn't done me that much damage :p

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the drugs i'm on mean i'm eating everything in sight. there goes all that hard work haha

-313-

i loves food too much to crash diet :grinning:
x2...
I never diet, I work out about 2 hours a day 7 days a week... and I add variety to my workout.. (Weights, Boxing, martial arts, Wall Climbing, Running, Soccer... etc etc), so as a result I have super fast metabolisms so I stay my size regardless of what I eat, I honestly couldn't live any other way..

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
x2...
I never diet, I work out about 2 hours a day 7 days a week... and I add variety to my workout.. (Weights, Boxing, martial arts, Wall Climbing, Running, Soccer... etc etc), so as a result I have super fast metabolisms so I stay my size regardless of what I eat, I honestly couldn't live any other way..
i have polycystic ovaries...makes it very hard to lose weight. mind you, i've been on the same calorie intake since starting training for the police and playing as much hockey as i do...this burnout was inevitable :(

-313-

i have polycystic ovaries...makes it very hard to lose weight. mind you, i've been on the same calorie intake since starting training for the police and playing as much hockey as i do...this burnout was inevitable :(
who cares what you look like lees as long as you're happy, fit and healthy, and by the sound of things you are.. so stop killing yourself.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares what you look like lees as long as you're happy, fit and healthy, and by the sound of things you are.. so stop killing yourself.
i'm a little demented in the fact that i think i'm the size of a whale. i have quite the complex from being told i'm fat by my rather thin mother all my life.

this has been a massive wakeup call though...scared the hell out of me

-313-

i'm a little demented in the fact that i think i'm the size of a whale. i have quite the complex from being told i'm fat by my rather thin mother all my life.

this has been a massive wakeup call though...scared the hell out of me
I bet..
And for your complex you should speak to "Nurse Elise", she will help you out.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet..
And for your complex you should speak to "Nurse Elise", she will help you out.
then i'll be admitted for responding to an auditory hallucination lol

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
x2...
i use to do the same thing between 2004-2007... i had a quick metabolism and i use a lot of foods that had carbohydrate

but around 2007 during ramadam... i use to put a lot more out then what i was putting back in... it wasnt really healthy as i lost around 16kg during ramadam. i wasnt eating much and i would wake up in the mornings feeling very dizzy and also lethargic when i was trying to work out.

the only food i was eating at that time was mainly green vegetables and fruits

-313-

i use to do the same thing between 2004-2007... i had a quick metabolism and i use a lot of foods that had carbohydrate

but around 2007 during ramadam... i use to put a lot more out then what i was putting back in... it wasnt really healthy as i lost around 16kg during ramadam. i wasnt eating much and i would wake up in the mornings feeling very dizzy and also lethargic when i was trying to work out.

the only food i was eating at that time was mainly green vegetables and fruits
I have been like that pretty much all my life, during Ramadan I break my fast on water and some dates, go for a workout, then come back and eat... That has worked for me for years...
Usually in ramadan i lose about 5-7 KG but that's about it.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've been living off of 800 calories a day for 6 months lol. the standard calorie intake of an eating disorder before i ram a tube down their nose.
that, and close to 4 litres of water a day to fluid load, and exercising everyday.

i believe i just become the fattest anorexic ever lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My question to you is what is it that you find so amusing that you just happen to be conveniently laughing at when taking a photo of yourself for your avatar?

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question to you is what is it that you find so amusing that you just happen to be conveniently laughing at when taking a photo of yourself for your avatar?
i didn't take it. my friend did :grinning:

ROFL you idiot, i'm not laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.