Healthcare system and patients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I've had a complete and utter ****ing gutful of whingers. If one more patient says to me 'Doctors and nurses should be doing more' I swear to god I'm going to use a difibrilator on when while they're totally concious, charge it to full voltage, and inflict the most pain on them humanly possible. I intend to leave burns.

We work our ****ing guts out for you ignorant ****s. Don't you dare accuse me of doing nothing when I spend the first 12 hour shift racing around the ward because we have 35 post-ops come back at once, and then I'm asked to pull a double shift because they need someone to scrub-in in theatre because they only have a scrub and scout nurse, and no other theatre nurses available. Yes, as a student nurse, I scrub-in to ensure the surgeon actually has enough people to help when he does a kidney transplant. I work 24 hours straight to make sure you arseholes get the care you need! I do everything other than medication at this stage because I'm not registered yet.

I've just read an article in today's Townsville Bulletin about how they've had their first case of 'ramping'. Ramping is when we have such a bed shortage in emergency we actually use ambulances as beds. Um, ramping has been going on down here for years. How else do you think we treat the time wasters who turn up to emergency for a cold?
Code yellow (internal emergency)? Oh please. Every single day at the Southport Hospital on the Gold Coast is code yellow central.

Get the hell over yourselves arseholes...when demand outstrips supply, this is what happens. Don't take it out on us.

Yes, I love my job. I couldn't think of doing anything else right now. Is it possible to shoot idiots on sight lol? Make my life easier!

I don't blame any single factor in it all...I just hate patients.

/rant lol

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously...next whinger is getting dosed with haloperidol!

don't ever piss off your nurses guys...we will make things tough for you lol!

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
give em hell..

just save me some medicinal marijuana... and don't try telling me you guys don't use it :p

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
give em hell..

just save me some medicinal marijuana... and don't try telling me you guys don't use it :p
we don't use it....in the hospitals lol.

most commonly nicked thing from the hospital is valium...

seriously, i believe i'll make it my mission to get phone orders for catheters lol...and i won't use lube when i put it in. that'll learn 'em lol

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have enough to tranquilise a rhino as it stands lol!

there's better things to use than prescription drugs...the addiciton is not a pretty one!

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
Alright, I've had a complete and utter ****ing gutful of whingers. If one more patient says to me 'Doctors and nurses should be doing more' I swear to god I'm going to use a difibrilator on when while they're totally concious, charge it to full voltage, and inflict the most pain on them humanly possible. I intend to leave burns.
i had to read it twice.... the second time it read difribulator.... but not the first.... either way sounds like its gonna hurt....

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
you do know that 99.9% of people dont personally blame the doctors and nurses...... its the bloody government....... spending the bloody money on advertising..... $100 million in NSW last year...... imaginewhat that could buy....

see now you've started me

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know, but they blame US. they blame us for the staff shortages and not getting the care they think they deserve.

ffs we work to budgets!

X

XxFoVoSxX

seriously...next whinger is getting dosed with haloperidol!

don't ever piss off your nurses guys...we will make things tough for you lol!
um... im like scared now... genuine question..

wtf is "haloperidol"?

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh sorry lol...it's an anti-psychotic. most commonly used in older patients, or those you just want to go to sleep lol.

stop them dead in their tracks and makes for a quiet night lol!

X

XxFoVoSxX

oh sorry lol...it's an anti-psychotic. most commonly used in older patients, or those you just want to go to sleep lol.

stop them dead in their tracks and makes for a quiet night lol!
ooo will you do me a favour and hit me with some of that ****.....
ive only had about 20hours sleep in this past week:(

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
better stuff out there than haloperidol.

X

XxFoVoSxX

lol i dont do sleeping pills... i dont like medication to begin with..........
id rather be sick for weeks then take any form of medication :o

M

Mr Miyagi

I agree people have no idea how tough being a nurse or doctor is.
These people should be glassed and left with out any medical attention to see how they go

Status
Not open for further replies.