Search results

1. 1991

Serbian Rugby League ends year on a high

First the NRL doesn't promote the development of the game internationally and now they do but in the wrong parts of the world? Interested in hearing your qualifications to make such a remark.
  2. 1991

Rabbitohs pass 25,000 membership total for 2015

Congrats Souths. The benchmark we should be aiming for.
  3. 1991

Is the time right for expansion? If so, where?

Yes the game is ready for expansion. Definitely have enough talent to spread another two sides that pool is only going to get bigger with the games developments over the next few years (even more so if the competition expands to the correct places). What area? WA is a must and either...
  4. 1991

Greg Bird - in trouble again

Unfortunate for Birdy once you what happened. Should of thought more before acting but we are all guilty of that (& I'm sure the majority of people have urinated in public before as well). He's matured into a good guy as well. He'll bounce back.
  5. 1991

Bulldogs and Tigers brawl over star

Won't happen.
  6. 1991

Imagine this, the NRL Rock & Roll Bulldogs

Didnt they do that this year when they allowed the players to pick their scoring play music. At the end of the day, I dont give a shit what plays after points are scored. As long as points are scored and the theme song plays at the end of the game.
  7. 1991

Bulldogs Jersey

All jerseys are crap apart from the great home jersey. Will be saving myself some money im the next few years. Very pissed off at the incorporation of black into our 9s jersey (with that ****ed dog head), let alone our AWAY jersey which we'll wear during NRL GAMES!!!
  8. 1991

Brett Morris calls for pre-season games to be scrapped as NRL hails extended schedule

Only as often as they get injured during training.
  9. 1991

Hodkinson eyes Bulldogs captaincy

Probably like the idea of Hokko being captain more than the sometimes hot tempered Graham.
  10. 1991

2015 supporters gear

All those who say $160 a jersey is too much can save themselves some money next year. The club has missed the mark on 3/4 of the jerseys. Terribly disappointing.
  11. 1991

NRL CEO Dave Smith explains inconsistencies between punishments for off-field .......

Dave Smith is doing a great job and has got the NRL organisation headed in the right direction for the first time I can remember ... perhaps ever. The recent reports coming out of the telecrap by the recently banned Phil Rothfield that Smith and Grant are on the nose seems nothing more than a...
  12. 1991

Anasta says he's still owed money by Tigers

A few calls to bring back to the Magpies in here. I'm interested to know what will be different if they did take over. There would still be a struggling club in control of that license. Oh and btw, a relocation to Perth won't work with the amount of work put into the game in that area and...
  13. 1991

'Sports scientist' used the Rabbits as guinea pigs

Some people need to grow up. The two products that were used were cleared by the NRL who were in tight communication with ASADA at the time. Whether or not they were complimentary is the only real story here, no question over South Sydney's brilliant performance. It's a extremely weak story...
  14. 1991

Where is our Jersey?

Interesting
  15. 1991

Future of ANZ Stadium is under threat

I wonder if this will have any effect over the proposed upgrades to ANZ Stadium. You would have to think it definitely would. Enough to make the redevelopment plans turn into a permanent rectangle? I doubt it, but how great would be it if they did.
  16. 1991

New boy

G'day
  17. 1991

Blake Ferguson cleared to train with Sydney Roosters, but still not registered by NRL

An absolute disgrace to allow somebody on the sex offenders register to play in our great game and competition. Pathetic leadership by the NRL and outdoes all the great work the NRL, Women in League and many other various organisations have done to make our great game greater and boosting all...
  18. 1991

Channel 9 set to show Sunday games live!!

On a Friday night, they show the games live and show short ad breaks during natural breaks in play, i.e. before or after an attempt at goal, if there is a serious injury, after a penalty kick at goal etc etc. What they lose by showing it live is blocks of 8-9 back to back ads, on delay they can...
  19. 1991

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Forever a reserve grader. .... really ....
  20. 1991

2015 supporters gear

Nope. I brought two 2014 jerseys this year. I wouldn't be buying outdated merchandise, even for less. Fair call. I think they are appropriately priced for quality and wear when they are in date. But that could just be me. What's this about?
  21. 1991

Easts Tigers sign former Bulldogs pair.

Sharks aren't even a feeder to the Storm anymore.
  22. 1991

ANZ Stadium

So we'll limit our grand final to a crowd of 60,000? This is only one proposed idea for an upgrade of ANZ Stadium. There are other ideas as well which are being put forward and the logicitics being worked out.
  23. 1991

Easts Tigers sign former Bulldogs pair.

What have the Sharks got to do with the East Tigers?
  24. 1991

New zealand Vs Samoa

Great idea
  25. 1991

2015 supporters gear

Awww. We don't get cheap outdated merchandise.
  26. 1991

Klemmer and Graham fight in 4 nations?

This is a thread?
  27. 1991

Hoffman to become a Titan

I think Hoffman to the GC is a really good fit.
  28. 1991

Race is on for NRL's most wanted

Foran wont stay at Manly any longer than he has to.
  29. 1991

The new guy

G'day
  30. 1991

Auckland 9's

Bahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. Really needed it. Good to see some on here have great humour.
  31. 1991

What is the point of continuing the salary cap?

Stupid stupid proposed structure there. Cap here to stay. Its in all sports now as well.
  32. 1991

New Eels signings announced

Interesting to see how this pans out. Not too happy Danny Wicks is allowed back.
  33. 1991

Boyd lost in limbo

Boyd isn't a Bulldogs player.
  34. 1991

Auckland 9's

We wore the black alternative jersey as our WIL jersey with pink numbers. The 2014 alternate jersey was the blue jersey with the black V.
  35. 1991

Young Bulldog turning Seagull for next NRL challenge

To be honest, I never rated him.
  36. 1991

BULLDOGS BORN & BRED 2015 | Club Membership

I wouldn't be trusting that.
  37. 1991

Commentators were asking if a sponsorship deal had been done when Sione amd Chanel swapped numbers all of a sudden after playing a few games together.
  38. 1991

Canterbury Bulldogs prop David klemmer bolts into kangaroos calculations.

Josh McGuire shouldn't be allowed to change allegiance. Sick of this stupid rule that allows allegiance change at the drop of a hat.
  39. 1991

Congrats Lafai and Hodkinson!!

Sorry I missed it guys.
  40. 1991

Canterbury Bulldogs prop David klemmer bolts into kangaroos calculations.

Steve Folkes to coach Kangaroos next? I wish But then he would have to leave Jillaroos though
  41. 1991

He played out of position though. Will be interesting to see if Samoa keep the same halves pairing for this week or if it'll change to be Maitua at 6 & Roberts at 7.
  42. 1991

Auckland 9's

Gonna be an awesome weekend. Hopefully we pick a more competitive team this year around.
  43. 1991

Bulldogs give Barba blessing for Sydney return, Reni Maitua future to be determined

More people in here need to adopt the thoughts of the club and CEO regarding Barba. Hope he finds a home and gets back some form.
  44. 1991

How scary will 2015 Origin Series time be?

Haha at the possibility of Finucane playing Origin level.
  45. 1991

We should sign Luke Kelly as a halves back up. The kids got talent and is underrated by most.
  46. 1991

Trent Hodkinson injury news ?

He'll be right. He'll come back from this and be continue in his pre-origin form.
  47. 1991

Out of all the top 8 teams only 3 will improve next year...

I can guarantee you're all wrong. Because this is the NRL, we don't know what will happen.
  48. 1991

It's not just to bring players back to the game. It's to bring players into the competition that will have an overall positive effect on the game in Australia. This can I clude players from the Super League, Bringing back marquee players who have left or bringing players in from other sports...
  49. 1991

Titans release Albert Kelly & Maurice Blair to Hull KR

Good strong move by the GC. Had to be done and perhaps the first sign that the Titans management are getting serious.
  50. 1991

What has that got to do anything to do with "Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 edition"?
  51. 1991

Jarryd Hayne's NFL debut

Heard somewhere the NFL rules doesn't allow him to play this season.
  52. 1991

2014 - 2015 NRL Player Movements + Rumour Mill

A lot of people assume a lot on here.
  53. 1991

Brett & Josh Morris reunited next season at Canterbury Bulldogs

People have the right to say to say they think players from other clubs are better than players at our club without being harassed over it. Jeez.
  54. 1991

Tries tally dont tell the full story.
  55. 1991

Jarryd Hayne - Quits Parra for NFL trial.

Good luck to Jarryd Hayne. Quality player and athlete. Everyone wins here. NRL & Rugby League getting great exposure in the USA due to this. Hopefully he does well. Parramatta are worse off but ah well.
  56. 1991

Mata’utia brothers to cut ties with manager

Wow. A lot of huge accusations and assumptions based on snippets the media (of all things) are reporting from people who have no idea what's actually happening. A very dangerous mix.
  57. 1991

the 21 south premierships fallacy

Every premiership given since 1908 is credible. Cant label some premierships "not credible" purely because of the current set-up being different to previous set ups.
  58. 1991

G'day

Cheers
  59. 1991

the 21 south premierships fallacy

What's the point of this? At the end of the day South Sydney have won 21 premierships. They are the most successful club in history* no matter how they won, when they won. Can only beat whats in front of you and can only play by the rules that are/were in place. * most successful when...
  60. 1991

the ben flower punch

20 week ban.
  61. 1991

NRL to issue Souths a 'please explain' over handling of Burgess head knock

When has the NRL used that punch as advertisement? Ive seen TV networks use it to promote the game without input from the NRL. The NRL has a strict no violence rule when the NRL themselves promote the game. Happy to proven wrong if shown when the NRL organisation has broken thier rule.
  62. 1991

NRL should ban 'letters of intent' or our club should stop doing them. Stupidest thing in league at the moment in thus country.
  63. 1991

NYC and NSW Cup players to step up next year?

Both had terrible seasons. Been keeping an eye on Brennan though. Some potential there.
  64. 1991

what the nrl can learn from super league

3. NRL is much larger than the SL. That's the reason for this. 4. The NRL does not control the commentary. 5. Punches were a terrible look. The first was terrible and the second the worst scene of thuggery perhaps ever. Unacceptable for the code no matter where its played. 6. The NRL...
  65. 1991

best commentary on a game ever

That was TV?
  66. 1991

super league grandfinal

Was a really odd low quality grand final. Wigan looked the better of the two even with 12 players but was interesting watching what was basically a side with 12 players against a side without halves.
  67. 1991

My Bulldogs Story

No. It was 1995-1996.
  68. 1991

We are now in the desperately needing a premiership state

I don't remember St George winning one lately.
  69. 1991

Sione Mata'utia may back out of agreed terms with Bulldogs

How quickly the opinion changes of many. And may again.
  70. 1991

super league grandfinal

Being staying up for it. Can't wait. Not long now.
  71. 1991

Darius Boyd signs a 4 Year Deal with Sydney Roosters???

Cant believe people are okay with Ferguson playing again.
  72. 1991

Love how people just want to throw Loko into the side and on the wing!!! A position of which he is untested at NRL level as well as being average with his time at centre in the NRL.
  73. 1991

Is this a bad joke or are they for real??

People read Peter Fitzsimmons articles about League? Wow. That's really something.
  74. 1991

St George Illawarra accept invite to World Club series

Its not a full series. Its 3 one-off matches over one weekend. Unless something has changed without me knowing.
  75. 1991

How is it a gift? They won the premiership. They've earned the right to play the Super League champion. Just as previous premiers have.
  76. 1991

Rep points

Sorry if there's already a thread about this. But what the hell is rep points and what do they mean?
  77. 1991

Nightingale is as much of a dick as Soward is for mine.
  78. 1991

Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Slater - 178cm 89 kg Thompson - 179cm 92 kg.
  79. 1991

I love how some posters position their post as to have this or this outcome without the possibility of anything else as if they're some authority on the issue lol.
  80. 1991

I was referring to things alomg these lines
  81. 1991

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/10/08/dragons_to_play_in_world_club_series.html
  82. 1991

First Thoughts: Your Team for 2015

Quality post
  83. 1991

NRL expansion

The NRL hasn't stated they want to expand or not. There is a meeting coming up where they'll look at the possibility of expanding. The expansion bids are ramping up again though.
  84. 1991

Question 1 - what world cup is everyone talking about? Thr next world cup is 2017. I hopr we dont announce any signing for next season that late. Are you talking about the Four Nations? Question 2 - Why is everyone so keen on Brett Stewart? He is past his best and has slowed down due to a...
  85. 1991

The NRL have issued South Sydney a please explain over Sam Burgess head injury during the Grand Final.
  86. 1991

I Just Wanted To Do It For Mick So Badly (RLW Article)

What a legend in the making. He deserves to remain a bulldog for the length of his career.
  87. 1991

NRL expansion

I'd love to see the Bears back, I'm not sure the game needs a team on the Central Coast though. WA & another QLD team are needed next. Then we gotta look to NZ/Pacific I think.
  88. 1991

G'day

Great to see some friendly people on here.
  89. 1991

Brent Sherwin Information

I'm an average guy. Been a supporter my entire life. The dogs are pretty much my life lol. Thanks for the post. Spot on
  90. 1991

NRL boss Dave Smith to use discretionary power to pay above the cap to get Sam Burges

If its bringing a former player back, a majority of the time utll be the club he had played for before. This can happen with or without clubs being involved. Clubs can also go to the NRL with a target in mind from another sport to get this exception.
  91. 1991

NRL expansion

The NRL hasnt stated they want to expand. But the expansion bids are getting ready to push again. I think the NRL said it would look into the possibility of expansion at the end of this season though.
  92. 1991

Oh I'm sorry, the correct answer is a person with severely limited vocabulary. Thanks for playing.
  93. 1991

Re-read it. All ive asked is for referencable information. I know what happen, how and when. I dont need some d*ckhead with a godcomplex attitude on a supporters forum to tell me anything. All I was wondering is if there was an article on it somewhere online.