Jarryd Hayne - Quits Parra for NFL trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Scott Seward (Parra CEO) on the Rush Hour on way home tonight. Interesting interview Rabs had with him.

He stated that if Hayne fails in the NFL, Parra have the option to take him back, and Hayne is happy with that option.

So the theory of him doing it to cut his contract is out the window.
He will be back next season or 2016.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
boys who made it into a high school football team, only 3-4% make it into a college football team.And about 7% of college players make it into the NFL

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stupidest move ever by an NRL player.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
boys who made it into a high school football team, only 3-4% make it into a college football team.And about 7% of college players make it into the NFL
This was from the NFL Players Association...

Statistically of the 100,000 high school seniors who play football every year, only 215 will ever make an NFL roster. That is 0.2%! Even of the 9,000 players that make it to the college level only 310 are invited to the NFL scouting combine, the pool from which teams make their draft picks

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
[video]http://video.espn.com.au/videos/rugby-league/nfl/parramatta-eels/will-jarryd-hayne-cut-it-in-the-nfl[/video]

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[video]http://video.espn.com.au/videos/rugby-league/nfl/parramatta-eels/will-jarryd-hayne-cut-it-in-the-nfl[/video]
So guys who probably have almost a hundred years experience at the highest so he won't make it. If even if he makes a practice team that would be a achievement.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL loses another great player to another code, pretty sad isn't it?? and it had to be the NSW FB too didn't it??
Don't like Hayne the person however I loved watching Hayne the NRL footballer TBH

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally love Parra turmoil for the spoon I say maybe we can change it fork for couple of years so they can have a set.

Then all the Parramatta supporters actually believe they can izzy as his replacement ffs they delusional.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL loses another great player to another code, pretty sad isn't it?? and it had to be the NSW FB too didn't it??
Don't like Hayne the person however I loved watching Hayne the NRL footballer TBH
Me too. But best of luck to him. Can't blame a bloke for having the guts to chase his dreams.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where do the other 93% come from? Skip College?
Serious question.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do the other 93% come from? Skip College?
Serious question.
The other 93% don't make the NFL.

also I am fairly certain his 7% is too high. I thought it was more like less than 5%

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Peni Tagive had to retire from playing with Baylor due to health issues apparently. Last cross code switcher.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The other 93% don't make the NFL.

also I am fairly certain his 7% is too high. I thought it was more like less than 5%
Statistically of the 100,000 high school seniors who play football every year, only 215 will ever make an NFL roster. That is 0.2%! Even of the 9,000 players that make it to the college level only 310 are invited to the NFL scouting combine, the pool from which teams make their draft picks.

Reaction score
Good luck to Jarryd Hayne. Quality player and athlete. Everyone wins here. NRL & Rugby League getting great exposure in the USA due to this. Hopefully he does well.

Parramatta are worse off but ah well.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to Jarryd Hayne. Quality player and athlete. Everyone wins here. NRL & Rugby League getting great exposure in the USA due to this. Hopefully he does well.

Parramatta are worse off but ah well.
Hayne will be about $2M worse off as well

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hayne will be about $2M worse off as well
Tell you what though it's a calculated risk. He'll give this a shot for a year or so. If it doesn't work out he'll be right back continuing where he left off. However if it does work out, he'll EASILY make that sort of money back plus plenty more in no time at all.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Statistically of the 100,000 high school seniors who play football every year, only 215 will ever make an NFL roster. That is 0.2%! Even of the 9,000 players that make it to the college level only 310 are invited to the NFL scouting combine, the pool from which teams make their draft picks.
That's 9000 div 1 guys?

That's the problem it depends how far you stretch the qualifiers.

Don't forget though that the 9000 players can be Freshmen and Sophomores not eligible for the draft.

The problem is though that it is bloody hard to get into that 9000 to begin with. Then near impossible to get into that 310. And even harder to actually get drafted. Then near bloody impossible to survive roster cuts.

Then even if you survive that the average player lasts something like 3 seasons. A fair few will never touch the NFL field for a meaningful snap other than possibly special teams.

Anyone who thinks Hayne is likely to wear an NFL uniform really has no idea. If Pete Carroll is willing to give him a look there must be something there. But he has a damn long way to go.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am hoping he makes it.

his speech got me amped up for some reason, and i am doing nothing but browsing for jarryd hayne articles.

people say he can't make it etc. watch the highlights of the best running backs in the game, and tell me that doesn't look like a haynesy kick return!

everyone here should be barracking for him to make it! classic underdog story!

**** i might even get a hayne jersey if he makes it. scratch that, i WILL get one.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am hoping he makes it.

his speech got me amped up for some reason, and i am doing nothing but browsing for jarryd hayne articles.

people say he can't make it etc. watch the highlights of the best running backs in the game, and tell me that doesn't look like a haynesy kick return!

everyone here should be barracking for him to make it! classic underdog story!

**** i might even get a hayne jersey if he makes it. scratch that, i WILL get one.
Id love it if he made it. I have enjoyed every minute of his league career and would watch every second of his NFL career was he to make it.

But I'd also love to win the lottery tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.