I Just Wanted To Do It For Mick So Badly (RLW Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds just doesn't seem right in the head. I don't know what's up with the bloke but wouldn't surprise me in th slightest if he ending up in the same mental unit as Boyd.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Why make a comment like that? I expressed an opinion and applauded him for giving it his best each time. It's an opinion buddy.
How is he not good enough?
And how is it desmonds fault?

I feel like our supporter base has become so spoilt, our coach is probabley the best in the world, and josh at one point this year was tied with thurston for the dally M, im really sick and tired of people dishing out meaningless criticsm, losing the grandfinal has made me upset as it is lol

I didnt mean to sound like a dikhead

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Mick Ennis is the glue that holds our Middle third together on the field but most of all we will miss his passion for our club. I still don't know how our club is letting the club captain go. We could have afforded to keep him for two years it's a dog act that in the end falls on Des. If he wanted him all he had to say was keep him. Lichaa had better live up to expectations or the past 3 years good work could unravel. Bottom line don't picka player to be club captain unless you are sure he will retire with us or at very least not have to play against us. Mick is essentially being demoted. He will not be captain while gallen is the there and I can see conflict between them two for sure

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
A premiership trophy is everything. Don't care who we sign.Success is measured by results on the field and financial prowess next.
Yeah, but I would be a bit frustrated at the club if we dropped our players such as, say, Lafai, Perrett, Reynolds and Hodkinson just because we signed Jennings, Hayne, Foran and DCE. I might be the only one but hey.

Reaction score
Yeah, but I would be a bit frustrated at the club if we dropped our players such as, say, Lafai, Perrett, Reynolds and Hodkinson just because we signed Jennings, Hayne, Foran and DCE. I might be the only one but hey.
Seconded

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe instead of your dinky kicks into the corners, you should have put up some attacking bombs to put pressure on their wingers and force an error or 2, had a rookie (albeit a good one) and a grandpa to aim at.

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mick Ennis is the glue that holds our Middle third together on the field but most of all we will miss his passion for our club. I still don't know how our club is letting the club captain go. We could have afforded to keep him for two years it's a dog act that in the end falls on Des. If he wanted him all he had to say was keep him. Lichaa had better live up to expectations or the past 3 years good work could unravel. Bottom line don't picka player to be club captain unless you are sure he will retire with us or at very least not have to play against us. Mick is essentially being demoted. He will not be captain while gallen is the there and I can see conflict between them two for sure
Agree with most of this because Ennis has been our most influential player in the last 3 years especially.

In simpler, less professional, perhaps more dignified times, we probably would have found a way for Mick to stay, and Mick might have been less inclined to test his value. In his shoes, I'd like to think I would have taken the one year deal or negotiated one year with a mutual see-how-we-go option, because I'd finally found a long-term home at a truly great and prosperous club and gained some peer respect after short stints at three others. I am sure the club would have also found a long-term post-retirement role for him, which he could then have combined with his media work. Surely this would have been preferable to joining a fifth club (and a rabble at that) after all he has achieved (and still had left to achieve) at Canterbury. Putting his ego aside, he could also have played a key role in Lichaa's development, just as he has Reynolds (remembering that Reynolds was once a threat to Ennis with his standout performances at hooker in '11 following Ennis' neck injury).

All of the above said, the bloke has four young kids and a mortgage in the Shire, so putting his family first, and having been offered more money and more immediate security at Cronulla, he obviously felt he had no choice, and one can't criticise him for this.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I have faith in the recruitment dept. They will make the necessary purchase for positions we need looking at to challenge for the title.For all I know they are already signed.That's a nice list though.But likely to blow our salary cap.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id swap those 4 players in a second... I wouldn't even miss them. Purely because we would just about go undefeated. But that is beside the point.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds just doesn't seem right in the head. I don't know what's up with the bloke but wouldn't surprise me in th slightest if he ending up in the same mental unit as Boyd.
What? Just what...

The bloke grew up like most of us in Western Sydney with some form of struggle, he will be okay as most of us who grew up like this are much more mentally set for when things get tough.

Its just life for us,we chip away and carry on.

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
What? Just what...

The bloke grew up like most of us in Western Sydney with some form of struggle, he will be okay as most of us who grew up like this are much more mentally set for when things get tough.

Its just life for us,we chip away and carry on.
Good call, Nano. There is just zero need for comments like FaceBreaker's. Everyone, everywhere, has been touched by these serious issues in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.