Auckland 9's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
They are embarrassing.

On the upside we'll probably never wear the alternate jersey anyway.

Did we ever wear that full black one this year??
We wore the black alternative jersey as our WIL jersey with pink numbers.

The 2014 alternate jersey was the blue jersey with the black V.

oso bad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why dont we throw in Grimaldi and Dymock. They look they they can still play?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have u got a photo ,was it actually a dogs jersey ??
I have never seen a picture , I believe they had that jersey due to wartime rations ? (Possibility something to do with dye but don't quote me on that ) ill have to look into now and find out more about it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The wartime jersey looked like this

As it was from WW2 era you're unlikely to find an actual picture of it.

EDIT: Here ya go. No colour photos around that time

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The wartime jersey looked like this

As it was from WW2 era you're unlikely to find an actual picture of it.

EDIT: Here ya go. No colour photos around that time

Didn't know wayne Bennett played for the dogs in the 40s 3rd row up left hand side 2nd person in next to the dude in the singlet

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't know wayne Bennett played for the dogs in the 40s 3rd row up left hand side 2nd person in next to the dude in the singlet
Looks like Darren Lockyer's grandfather to his right.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone should colourize that in photoshop.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BS and boring 9's, just another NRL money spinner for the NRL with a good chance of injury to key players FFS.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
BS and boring 9's, just another NRL money spinner for the NRL with a good chance of injury to key players FFS.
It got consistent crowds of 80+k or so for the whole period and it seemed like a really fun event?

It wasn't boring as stuff actually happened in the game and crowd/viewers got into it fairly easy, its actually a good idea and lets new players trying to break it into the NRL mix it up with good/decent players and have some fun.

Injuries can happen at any time even when training, thats the thing with sport you play it risking injury...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be good to see Brisbane and Sydney getting in on hosting as well, but I guess it was the sponsors in nz putting up the coin in the first place...

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because its a long boring off season!
Im glad they have something before the Nrl season.
Also seeing some of the new blokes or young blokes coming through.
The Nrl has to do something to try and get in front of rival codes...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Auckland Nines > Test Matches

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 22050

Warriors kit looks awesome for next year.
I don't think the Warriors have ever had the same strip or even the same colours 2 reasons in a row, they need to build a culture and stick to similar designs and colours like either green, Blue, black and white, red black and white FMD which colours are they, most clubs in the NRL who have a long term culture have stuck with similar design jerseys and colours, Souths, Dogs, Manly, Cocks, Dragons, Tigers, Parramatta, Knights Raiders etc etc don't take me wrong, I personally am not a NZ'r hover I do like the way the warriors play the game when they throw caution to the wind.
Maybe its got something to do with being the only NZ team playing RL in the NRL at the moment? I think they need to build a stronger culture by sticking to their original colours for starters and the sooner a second NZ team are entered into the competition the better for the Warriors and whoever the new boys on the block may be.

It's like the Bronco's, they too have had how many jersey designs over the years, at least they stuck with Maroon and yellow (Gold) however, you would be surprised how many people living in Brisbane dislike the bronco's purely for the fact that they are the only Brisbane team in the NRL, lets see what happens when they get a second team in Brisbane which is what Brisbane needs, an NRL game in Brisbane every weekend not every second weekend.

Same applies to the Warriors in NZ, 1 week in Auckland and the next weekend in Wellington / Christchurch, what do you Kiwi's think??

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think the Warriors have ever had the same strip or even the same colours 2 reasons in a row, they need to build a culture and stick to similar designs and colours like either green, Blue, black and white, red black and white FMD which colours are they, most clubs in the NRL who have a long term culture have stuck with similar design jerseys and colours, Souths, Dogs, Manly, Cocks, Dragons, Tigers, Parramatta, Knights Raiders etc etc don't take me wrong, I personally am not a NZ'r hover I do like the way the warriors play the game when they throw caution to the wind.
Maybe its got something to do with being the only NZ team playing RL in the NRL at the moment? I think they need to build a stronger culture by sticking to their original colours for starters and the sooner a second NZ team are entered into the competition the better for the Warriors and whoever the new boys on the block may be.

It's like the Bronco's, they too have had how many jersey designs over the years, at least they stuck with Maroon and yellow (Gold) however, you would be surprised how many people living in Brisbane dislike the bronco's purely for the fact that they are the only Brisbane team in the NRL, lets see what happens when they get a second team in Brisbane which is what Brisbane needs, an NRL game in Brisbane every weekend not every second weekend.

Same applies to the Warriors in NZ, 1 week in Auckland and the next weekend in Wellington / Christchurch, what do you Kiwi's think??
there are a lot of league fans here in Vegas that do not support the broncos (although if you followed local media you wouldn't think so).

A new team should tap into the huge markets of Ipswich and Logan (like the wanderers) rather than just be the other team playing out of suncorp (like Melbourne heart).

On the jersey issue I agree with you guys: teams should stick with colours/logo until they build that culture.

Sorry to stray off topic. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.