Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Wait, so we're in the market for another back now???

We need back up halves and hookers.
Yeah, we need a back up hooker and another back up half. Our lack of depth in those areas, particularly the GF, really showed.

All the top teams have a quality back up these days.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every club seems to have depth in the halves bar ours. We have Mbye as the only genuine half we could use outside of Hodko and Grub.

Drinkwater has signed with Wests, Miller is up for grabs, Siejka is in the UK and Beau Henry has gone back to Saints.

Any of those guys could have offered something at the very least.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett morris might play 5/8. Atleast hel get his hands on the ball regularly lol.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had a great laugh, I had to share :grinning:

Unread Today, 06:11 PM
Juniors

Default Re: Bmoz is gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Tangles View Post
Did we ask for any compensation for releasing him or did we just bend over and take it?

No player swap
No Pritchard,
No Kasiano
No up and coming junior Prop.

No compensation for allowing the early release of Morris

We certainly showed em...how it's done....!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah then says he doesn't think he'll go anywhere.

Still can't understand why he chose St George over us in the first place.

Reaction score
We should sign Luke Kelly as a halves back up. The kids got talent and is underrated by most.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kyle Stanley is off contract, and if nobody tosses him a lifeline would be a very handy backup (if he can stay fit).

Likewise Matt Srama is without contract at the moment. Handy Hooker/halves player.

that way if we lose Hodko and Reynolds for Origin, you could play Mbye and Srama in the halves.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kyle Stanley on a one year deal would be handy. He can cover many different positions. I'd really like to see our NSW cup side do better in 2015.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kyle Stanley is off contract, and if nobody tosses him a lifeline would be a very handy backup (if he can stay fit).

Likewise Matt Srama is without contract at the moment. Handy Hooker/halves player.

that way if we lose Hodko and Reynolds for Origin, you could play Mbye and Srama in the halves.
Has srama ever played in the halves in nrl? Bog average hooker not much more then cook. Stanley not a bad idea

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know on that one. Played 13 NRL games off the bench.

Might have when Sezer/Prince were injured.

Re Dugan ... Dragons also said that Morris was going nowhere :grinning:

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't want Stanley if he keeps playing like he did against England.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

A few years ago I really thought this kid could be anything and that's why he prob turned his back on nz he prob thought he was good enough to make the big bucks in origin. Although in the samoa England test I think Ben Roberts out played him and that's saying something especially considering Roberts is now around 30

dogsfan103

Waterboy
Reaction score
Brett Stewart

Now that we've signed Brett Morris, Is there any chance we could still sign Brett Stewart under our cap?
In my opinion he is exactly what we need, a playmaking full back who could run off hodkinson or reynolds.
We'd have one of the top 3 backline in the comp.
1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim lafai
5. Sam perett/Rona/Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No chance imo. We have backs coming out of our ears now. That and I doubt we have enough salary cap left to fit him.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that we've signed Brett Morris, Is there any chance we could still sign Brett Stewart under our cap?
In my opinion he is exactly what we need, a playmaking full back who could run off hodkinson or reynolds.
We'd have one of the top 3 backline in the comp.
1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim lafai
5. Sam perett/Rona/Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
Yes we will get him , des and ms castle are not mucking around they want a team of only people with names brett and josh by 2017

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at who is currently on the market happy with what we got tbh.

If anything, I'd rather us spend some of our left over money on a depth half or hooker. Not too sure if there are anyone good in that department off contract though.

Save the money for 2016 when guys like Sam Perrett and Frank Pritchard are past their best.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Question: how much do we have in our salary cap. I want to know exactly how much we have to the cent or rounded to the nearest dollar?

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
tbh i hate fat people. When i was a lil kid i would get so worked up if i saw a fat ****, i even became physically sick a few times aha. Atm Kas is wasting his talent away and hopefully someone pulled his head in.
You are actually the most idiotic person to ever post on this forum. You don't have a shred of an idea about football and this comment just confirms that you are actually just a moron in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.