Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree with your first paragraph but would put B. Morris at fullback first
Yeh same. Bmoz is "attackive" and great in defense.

deano

New Pup
Reaction score
I think des might give rona a crack at fullback!! Perfect back on the wing Brett moz on the other wing and lafai and b moz in the centres!! What do u guys think about that?

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Stanley if he keeps playing like he did against England.
He played out of position though.

Will be interesting to see if Samoa keep the same halves pairing for this week or if it'll change to be Maitua at 6 & Roberts at 7.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Will be interesting to see if Samoa keep the same halves pairing for this week or if it'll change to be Maitua at 6 & Roberts at 7.
If Samoa had real halves, they would have beat England on Sat night.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think des might give rona a crack at fullback!! Perfect back on the wing Brett moz on the other wing and lafai and b moz in the centres!! What do u guys think about that?
Very interesting thought. I'm sure Des will try different combinations during the pre-season, and I expect that this will be one of them.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kyle stanley is made out of glass. On second thought glass is more durable than k. Stanley. The kid is made from plastic and is wayyyy overrated.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kyle stanley is made out of glass. On second thought glass is more durable than k. Stanley. The kid is made from plastic and is wayyyy overrated.
He and his brother are made out of cellophane lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Surely Stanley and Roberts would be better and more creative then matua and Roberts. It's not as if samoa are lacking size to put a forward at 5/8. Stanley had a shocker but hopefully he will improve

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The only half/playmaker i'd sign for depth atm is Penani Manumalealii. As mentioned, Pita Godinet would be a handy pickup.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont understand peoples fascination with Brett Stuart. I think it's purely because he has a connection with des.
I'd hate to sign him. He'd be shît on sooooo many levels.
1. Shît person.
2. Always broken.
3. Has 2 years max left in him.

No thanks.
well after those two years hopefully we would have won 2 premierships and then can slide a youngster to fill his shoes.

during origin I said the same thing to baa lamb that Stewart has only got maybe 2 good years left and he said what's wrong with winning a comp within those two years? He has a point don't you think?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds great but still very excited to see loko have a crack

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont understand peoples fascination with Brett Stuart. I think it's purely because he has a connection with des.
I'd hate to sign him. He'd be shît on sooooo many levels.
1. Shît person.
2. Always broken.
3. Has 2 years max left in him.

No thanks.
I believe he has 3 good years left in him, the 3rd year nurturing his young replacement, "STEWART"!!! fantastic player with a huge amount of experience!
Will most probably be the NSW FB in 2015 now that Hayne in gone. Would suit Des' brand of attacking football, knows what Des wants as a coach and would not need to pass the Bulldogs policy as would a drop kick like Dugan.

A

Alexander the Great

You can't just buy anyone you want, the longer Perrett stays there, the more reliable he will be.
Totally agree. I want him to stay at fullback.
He did a top job this year an next year will be even better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree. I want him to stay at fullback.
He did a top job this year an next year will be even better.
100%
However its such a hard decision to make. Going into the future i believe we would be best going with;
1. Thompson
2. Rona
3. Lafai
4. J.Morris (Loko to learn off the best)
5. B.Morris (Tyrone Phillips to wake up to himself and learn off the best)
*Thompson would take Phillips future spot if Sione ends up coming.

Cant leave Sam out though, i love and hate depth haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looking at who is currently on the market happy with what we got tbh.

If anything, I'd rather us spend some of our left over money on a depth half or hooker. Not too sure if there are anyone good in that department off contract though.

Save the money for 2016 when guys like Sam Perrett and Frank Pritchard are past their best.
Both Perrett and Pritchard are in their 30's. I doubt we'll re-sign them.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I would love for the snake to come over , but he has given good service to Manly and is entitled to finish his career there if he chooses . What we should do is make a serious , serious play for Cherry - Evans and Foran ; push their salaries through the stratasphere so they cant afford to sign anyone else hehe

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
If we got Kyle Stanley over we would then have 3 sets of brothers ! Thats insane , an incentive based contract - in other words peanuts - I would be more than keen .

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would love for the snake to come over , but he has given good service to Manly and is entitled to finish his career there if he chooses . What we should do is make a serious , serious play for Cherry - Evans and Foran ; push their salaries through the stratasphere so they cant afford to sign anyone else hehe
The danger with that being, if we pushed up their salaries through the stratosphere and both Cherry-Evans and Foran accepted we wouldn't be able to afford to sign anyone else, up grade current players which would leave us vulnerable in the player market hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.