Young Bulldog turning Seagull for next NRL challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I think a lot of you will be proved wrong about Tempo. He played a lot in a dysfunctional reserves. They were badly coached and not one of the players in that group developed. They cant all be that bad surely. Playing in a team where tackling is something like fishing, wont develop anyone. To see if a player has the goods, he must be given a chance. He wasnt afforded such a chance.
Thurston was let go because he was to small and look what happened there.
If you're comparing templeman and his potential to thurston and the potential he showed at the same age you need your head read

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im certainly not comparing Templeman to Thurston as far as ability goes. Its just that they both were not given the chance to impress.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most clubs would be pretty scared to touch him at the moment looking from the outside.

All clubs know how desperate we are for a Fullback, and if we're okay with just letting him go like this it says a lot about what we think of him as a Fullback to be honest.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im certainly not comparing Templeman to Thurston as far as ability goes. Its just that they both were not given the chance to impress.
Thurston played in the gf ,he was given a go .Malcom Noad if u remember, got rid of him for what happened in Coffs Harbour .

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If under 20's was first grade he would be a future immortal :grinning:
Probably right there mate. He did some special things in 20's but unfortunately did not cope too well with the NSW Cup big boys. Did improve defence, but goal kicking and positional play suffered. Good luck to him, he may have better luck in Qld Cup next year.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If under 20's was first grade he would be a future immortal :grinning:
I'm with you, just because you show promise, doesn't mean you will be able to deliver

N

Natboy

Probably right there mate. He did some special things in 20's but unfortunately did not cope too well with the NSW Cup big boys. Did improve defence, but goal kicking and positional play suffered. Good luck to him, he may have better luck in Qld Cup next year.
Being back home might help him too. I wish him all the best. He definitely has talent but not quite enough all round to crack first grade atm

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep sounds good. As long as it's tackle and not somewhere shit where you have to step over syringes I'm in haha
Dont worry mate, the game will be tackle and will not be held at Sportingbet stadium

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Can someone clean up this topic?

Anyhow he's not going to displace anyone in the first grade side.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So now it's confirmed he's leaving who's in line to play 6 and 7 in NSW cup next year?

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jaeline graham or mgrady I think .Ofcoarse if mbye isn't in the starting 17 ,he will be there

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesnt matter who plays 6 or 7. Until such time as they improve the coaching of the junior players, no one will improve and be worthy of FG.

N

Natboy

Doesnt matter who plays 6 or 7. Until such time as they improve the coaching of the junior players, no one will improve and be worthy of FG.
Yep agreed. More time learning to tackle instead of no look flick passes would be a good start!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure anything's going to change with lower grade coaches at the moment. I think Raelene said that during the forum questions. Next year will be better because we're going to have backs with FG experience and barring injuries also quite a few forwards unable to fit into the 17 such as Lloyd P. Imo the 6 and 7 will be very important.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure anything's going to change with lower grade coaches at the moment. I think Raelene said that during the forum questions. Next year will be better because we're going to have backs with FG experience and barring injuries also quite a few forwards unable to fit into the 17 such as Lloyd P. Imo the 6 and 7 will be very important.
The NSW cup side kinda suffered as we ended up using their best players in the first grade squad because of origin/injuries and suspensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.