Search results

1. MichaelM

Jersey Flegg Trial Team

Just read through the Flegg trial team and we continue to build our depth with a number of great additions, Cassius Tia from the Roosters and NSW U19 front rower Larry Muagututia from the Eels. The forward depth is exceptional and size will not be an issue! Flegg and Cup Trial Information |...
  2. MichaelM

How many weeks for Latrell?

Unbelievable listening to everyone on nine defending Latrell - just imagine if it was Thomson or Hetherington
  3. MichaelM

Recruitment - NSW U20's minefield and our inability to identify young talented players

Plenty of great players have come through the NSW U20 team since 2012 including the list below, which is a very formidable side. 1. Papenhuyzen 2. Too 3. Mitchell 4. Bird 5. S.Crighton 6. Gutherson 7. Moses 8. Paulo 9. Murray 10. Trbojevik 11. Cordner 12. Matterson 13. Radley In our attempts...
  4. MichaelM

News Barrett on Triple M in 2 minutes

On Mark Geyer show
  5. MichaelM

Bennett potentially back to the Dragons!!

Dragons Board meeting tonight and heard a whisper that Wayne may be heading back to the Dragons.
  6. MichaelM

Opinion Announcements

There is no doubt we have been a club in crisis and the Executives decision to apply a radio silence strategy is really disappointing. It is also a fundamental management mistake and the first causality is reputation. There is a saying “you can’t manage a secret” and I expect that the Board...
  7. MichaelM

Our Big Three

Melbourne have Slater, Cronk and Smith. Most would agree they need to be fit for the Storm to make the GF. We have our own big three - Barba, Morris and Reynolds IMO if these three stay fit we will also make the GF.
  8. MichaelM

Quality versus Quantity

We have too many good players and not enough great players. Do we really need 30 Forwards? It could be very tough to get a game for many of our NSW Cup forwards. We need 18-20 fit forwards to field two teams - Our NRL squad alone has 18 forwards. This will make us odds on to win the...
  9. MichaelM

Hard decisons have to be made

If we want to turn things around some tough decisons need to be made for 2011. It's great to have forward depth, however all of these guys are workers and offer very little impact, We need to release at least 5 of the following 10 players and attempt to buy another 2 quality forwards that add...
  10. MichaelM

Sam Kasiano is a giant

Is there a bigger player in the game than this 19 year old - at 193 cm tall he is slightly shorter than Hickey, however this guy is 122kg. Sam looks leaner and much more mobile that Hickey which is an insight into why Hickey struggles to make the impact a guy of his size should. Made his...
  11. MichaelM

Can we match the Dragons physically?

The Eels offloaded at will on Friday night, whilst we struggled to get any second phase play - that cost us the game imo. We seem to lack the muscle and technique to win the wrestle. That is why Eastwood was so important to us - no one got the better of him. The only player on Friday...
  12. MichaelM

If you have a spare ticket!!

If you end up with a spare ticket for tonights game I would be happy to buy it from you. Please send me a message and I provide my details.
  13. MichaelM

Are Melbourne really a dirty team

Melbourne are cheating bastards and their grapple tackling style is ruining our game. Suspending him is the only way to get the message across. If you don't believe me search for grapple tackle on youtube and see just a snippet of their dirty play. I have no respect for Bellemy - what a...
  14. MichaelM

Time to go back to the future

winning is not everything we really need to think about where we are going as a club our strength has always been our culture - success has followed. Canterbury had a formula that other clubs could only try to emulate. we still have a pulse but it is feint - bring on this years AGM...
  15. MichaelM

For the good of our game.

For the good of our game I hope the press do not make this another negative Canterbury story. The Rugby League family needs to close ranks at the moment and stay solid. It would be nice if the Press and rival clubs are outspoken in there support of our position. Either the NRL needs to...
  16. MichaelM

The Dogs are Talking

Angels have reformed They should re-work this song for us and get rid of Who let the dogs out. Imagine the angels belting out this as the boys run out. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=umnMaM3Dw5g&feature=related
  17. MichaelM

The Bulldogs Decline - a sign of the times

The media should focus all of its attention on the NRL's decline. If significant changes to the structure of our game are not made it will be unrecognisable within 5 years. Our game has some real challenges ahead of it - I'm not confident the current custodians can handle it. It doesn’t...
  18. MichaelM

Lifestyle Rewards Club

Does anyone know what is included? I couldn't find anything on the Dogs website that details the benefits?
  19. MichaelM

Has Folkes been fairly treated??

No - absolutely not Folkes was unfairly held responsible for last season I'm fairly sure we didn't lose one game last year where we had more than 50%of the ball. poor ball control and poor last tackle options played a major role in our underperformance - This also contributed to our...
  20. MichaelM

Get real Willie

This is realing starting to look like a simple case of Willie getting an offer he doesn't want to refuse. We have previously heard about the alleged $1M offer for him to play in the English Super league. At the time of this offer Willie said his loyalty was with the Bulldogs - the fact is...
  21. MichaelM

Players contracted beyond 2008

2008 will see a changing of the guard at the Dogs. We only have 19 players out of 57 contracted beyond 2008, leaving 38 to be resigned next year!! Of those 19 only 7 of them were in our 07 NRL squad and only Williams is signed beyond beyond 2009. out of those 7 Mason, Maitua, Millard...
  22. MichaelM

Next Year???????

Can someone explain to me (or direct me to) how the comp will work next year From what I have read here the top grade will have 30 players with 10 under 20yo. The salary cap for 2008 is how much? that should mean a lot more money for the 20 players over 20!! We appear to have...
  23. MichaelM

Is Ryan assertive enough?

Last night was an absolute joke - at the risk of sounding like a Dragons supporter, Clark nearly cost us the game. As our captain is Ryan assertive enough when we are getting shafted by the referee?