Opinion Announcements

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no doubt we have been a club in crisis and the Executives decision to apply a radio silence strategy is really disappointing.

It is also a fundamental management mistake and the first causality is reputation.

There is a saying “you can’t manage a secret” and I expect that the Board has been grappling with several.

I expect this behaviour is partly the result of the Board trying to line up a number of significant announcements to turn it all around.

The pressure is definitely on to provide some positive news and I expect that Dean Pay’s resignation will be the first domino in a number of announcements in the coming weeks.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m expecting the club to announce Barrett as head coach, Lafai’s signature and a no name sponsor, a company we have never heard of. Like Rashys. It will all be very underwhelming.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m expecting the club to announce Barrett as head coach, Lafai’s signature and a no name sponsor, a company we have never heard of. Like Rashys. It will all be very underwhelming.
Thought we had signed Lafai, not hearing a lot and seems he is named in the dragons.. I know most of you don’t want him back, but I’ve always liked him an he happy for him to come home.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
F@#k Lafai!
I hope this is bullshit i few steps back if true!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought we had signed Lafai, not hearing a lot and seems he is named in the dragons.. I know most of you don’t want him back, but I’ve always liked him an he happy for him to come home.
I just feel like he had his breakout year in 14 and did nothing after that. He has good footwork and an offload but no raw speed or line breaking ability. Lafai may be a good choice if you had a game breaker centre on the other side. But we have Hoppa. He hasn’t broken the line in years yet is our most consistent back.

Commentators look at our roster in 2020 and complain about it. I’ve had my gripes with it for years.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the Lafai deal has been impacted upon by CHN and JO returning.
Since the two of them were deregistered we've signed Thompson for this year which would gave taken up a chunk of this year's cap.
With those 2 returning and despite the release of Harper we may not have much cap space left for this year.
I imagine that once things are sorted with CHN and JO, the club will be able to reassess the cap position and look to fill the last position in the top 30 accordingly.
In saying that, if CHN wants to be released the club should play hardball with which ever club he signs with and get a player who will drastically improve our squad and accelerate the rebuild.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the 2014 qtr final against melbourne in Melbourne where he put on a couple of trys and got the dogs on a roll to the finals was unbelievable

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep it behind closed doors is a good policy as well.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it’s not a swap,CHN for Tim Lafai,we would be getting the raw deal,maybe mcinnes,I would be happy,but please no Lafai

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So week 1 was pretty fair effort - I’d score it a 9 out of 10

Could have been a perfect score if they were able to sneak it the sponsorship, although that announcement will keep the momentum going next week.

Happy to round it up to a perfect score if we roll the Knights