For the good of our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the good of our game I hope the press do not make this another negative Canterbury story.

The Rugby League family needs to close ranks at the moment and stay solid.

It would be nice if the Press and rival clubs are outspoken in there support of our position.

Either the NRL needs to de-register players that break contracts or Clubs need to make a pact not to sign players that fail to honour their contracts.

In return Clubs need to themselves honour contracts with players.

If players contracted to clubs do want to leave for overseas their only out should be if the overseas club agrees to pay a acceptable transfer fee.

Hypothetically, in the case of Sonny, if an overseas Club offered the Dogs a transfer fee (say 5 million) and the Dogs accepted it, than that could be a system that works.

I'm not suggesting transfer fees for NRL contacts within Australia - I see this as a great way to reward clubs who develop superstars that are otherwise ripe for the picking by the ESL and Rugby Union.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Considering 2GB have in the past been one of our biggest critics, and they have been showing support for the club, I don't think the club will wear much negativity.

Ultimately, I doubt whether this is down to an issue will the club anyway.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope if they quote anyone in here when referring to the fans outrage at SBW going, they dont quote the most insane member here like they often do. Plenty of ppl here with sensible things to say but they often quote the biggest yob or idiot in the place. Someone who quite often is banned some time afterwards.

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what i have heard 2GB radio staff are just as piised as us..they want NRL to clamp down on this...Not only is it bad for the dogs , but also bad for NNRL & league development in NZ !

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be honest i think this is a very big positive for the club, League fans in general are disgusted with this Dogs decsion, not just Dogs fans.....Ive never heard the boys at 2GB stick up for the club like they have today, The bulldogs will survive, and survive strongly, **** SBW, nothing but a dumbass

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
To be honest i think this is a very big positive for the club, League fans in general are disgusted with this Dogs decsion, not just Dogs fans.....Ive never heard the boys at 2GB stick up for the club like they have today, The bulldogs will survive, and survive strongly, **** SBW, nothing but a dumbass
like Rami said on the radio.. "NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB." ur rite we will get through this and survive strongly! BULLDOGS 4 LIFE!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
players come and go...before we know it we will unearth another awesome back rower...perhaps 1 that can reach 100 games..unlike the cat we had tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.