Quality versus Quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have too many good players and not enough great players.

Do we really need 30 Forwards?

It could be very tough to get a game for many of our NSW Cup forwards.

We need 18-20 fit forwards to field two teams - Our NRL squad alone has 18 forwards.

This will make us odds on to win the NSW Cup again and a good shot at an NRL Premiership.

Do we really need 50 players in our top 2 squads to fill 34 positions?

15 forwards in the NRL squad should be enough - We could afford to replace 4 forwards out of the NRL squad (approx 320K) and replace them with one more top liner.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
yes we should...and personally, i think our NSW cup side have about another year left in them befor they are ready.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a gun forward pack, you can't just go out and buy whoever you want and field a team of internationals, we have a good balance of work-horses (Stagg) and game-breakers (Pritchard). The club has done extremely well in realising our lack of go forward in 2010 and then going out and doing something about it.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree it is a great roster - it will be even better in 2012.

The problem we have is that some very good young players may find it hard to regularly play.

Also, when we get to the big games one more game breaker in the squad could be the difference.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of people forget next year is most probably Ryans last year
so that makes way for another 2nd rower to come in

in possibly foster, warburton or idris not sure who else could fill in there

Paea IMO is a way underratted prop bloody strong and always makes metres and looks to offload next year I expect huge things from him

2012 might look like

1.barba
2.turner
3.morris
4.wright/lett
5.goodwin
6.roberts/keating
7.hodkinson
8.tolman
9.ennis
10.paea/tandy
11.idris
12.pritchard
13.stagg

14.millington
15.paea/tandy
16.armit/browne/taupau
17.Eastwood

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Clarissa_1990

Alot of people forget next year is most probably Ryans last year
so that makes way for another 2nd rower to come in

in possibly foster, warburton or idris not sure who else could fill in there

Paea IMO is a way underratted prop bloody strong and always makes metres and looks to offload next year I expect huge things from him

2012 might look like

1.barba
2.turner
3.morris
4.wright/lett
5.goodwin
6.roberts/keating
7.hodkinson
8.tolman
9.ennis
10.paea/tandy
11.idris
12.pritchard
13.stagg

14.millington
15.paea/tandy
16.armit/browne/taupau
17.?
i like how you missed eastwood in that whole lineup you donkey...
our best forward and you dont add him to that team.. instead you've got a millington ahead of him... what a dud lol

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our best forward and you dont add him to that team.. instead you've got a millington ahead of him... what a dud lol
honest mistake you drop kick.....I have no idea where we get drop kick fans like you seriously rather than just pointing it out you have to insult people

Fans like you are the reason why the club can get such a bad image at times

C

Clarissa_1990

honest mistake you drop kick.....I have no idea where we get drop kick fans like you seriously rather than just pointing it out you have to insult people

Fans like you are the reason why the club can get such a bad image at times
hook line and sinker....
my job is done here :grinning:

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
hook line and sinker....
my job is done here :grinning:
Respect for you has gone from about a 0 (because I've never seen you before), to about a 1.3.......

Top notch, Clarissa. You're going places.

sniffy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Respect for you has gone from about a 0 (because I've never seen you before), to about a 1.3.......

Top notch, Clarissa. You're going places.
people start with absolutely no respect from you? you're a bit mean :( :arab:

sniffy

Waterboy
Reaction score
i like the fact that we won something in the last 2 years and we will be hard to beat in nsw cup this year too. is there prize money for the winner of nsw cup? maybe we are after the cash. it's a team game anyway and we need to be strong in all areas. the challenge is to pick the best team we have... i don't think we do that sometimes

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
:roflol: i know who this is :p

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
lol more and more newbies are coming out of the water works. clarissa seems pretty funny tho.
but they can never take the top spot of news @nchor...thats mine and mine alone

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
btw idris wont move to second row, kmoore has said it a couple of times that he will keep idris as a centre. i sure hope he works on his defensive reads for next season. because we sure as hell need to work on our defence, with barba at the back. our attack is going to be masterclass...eastwood,pritchard up the front. morris,goodwin on the sides hopefuly getting quality ball from roberts or keating. right side would be idris and turner getting quality ball from hodkinson. and barba..the masterclass himself roaming around picking off and stranded play. jizz machine and a half.
heres hoping that morris passes the ball, roberts fires up for the entire season not jst a couple of games, keating shows hes a good buy, hodkinson becomes one of the best halfbacks in the game...and eastwood and pritchard show us how it is to be a tough nut bulldog. with staggy continuing to make those tackles

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
St george does not have any "great" players

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can genuinely say the Bulldogs have recruited for 2011 better than any other NRL team.

Whether it is a success is a different story and will largely depend on KMoore and the players' individual performances, but really with this kind of recruitment - there's no reason why we shouldn't be in the top 8 next year.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
I can genuinely say the Bulldogs have recruited for 2011 better than any other NRL team.

Whether it is a success is a different story and will largely depend on KMoore and the players' individual performances, but really with this kind of recruitment - there's no reason why we shouldn't be in the top 8 next year.
Even Moore reason for Kevin to be nervous... despite such a strong squad.

If we can't finish in the top 8 with this team, then he'll get the arse. No Moore excuses.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Even Moore reason for Kevin to be nervous... despite such a strong squad.

If we can't finish in the top 8 with this team, then he'll get the arse. No Moore excuses.
If he fails next year he can go and coach our under 20s. Only because of his surname otherwise I'd fck him off totally.

I'm sure he'll do a better job next year though. And I'm being quite lenient with that comment lol

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
If he fails next year he can go and coach our under 20s. Only because of his surname otherwise I'd fck him off totally.

I'm sure he'll do a better job next year though. And I'm being quite lenient with that comment lol
you should have said that Moore is just living off his dad's legacy at the club which is the reason why he stayed at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.