Has Folkes been fairly treated??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No - absolutely not

Folkes was unfairly held responsible for last season

I'm fairly sure we didn't lose one game last year where we had more than 50%of the ball.

poor ball control and poor last tackle options played a major role in our underperformance - This also contributed to our defensive record.

Criticism of our attack is another area where Folkes is unfairly rated - we consistently have one of the better records

Bottom line is that the Folkes games plan is very dependant on maintaining pressure and last season the boys really let him down badly

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He is still the coach isn't he? How much fairer can you get!

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Someone that speaks sense, the players weren't up for following the plan this year

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
No - absolutely not

Folkes was unfairly held responsible for last season

I'm fairly sure we didn't lose one game last year where we had more than 50%of the ball.

poor ball control and poor last tackle options played a major role in our underperformance - This also contributed to our defensive record.

Criticism of our attack is another area where Folkes is unfairly rated - we consistently have one of the better records

Bottom line is that the Folkes games plan is very dependant on maintaining pressure and last season the boys really let him down badly
well said mate

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think the players are to blame.

If they were doing the basics right and we were still losing, I would blame the coach for a lack of strategy.

I think Folkes is a fair man that would not run away from responsibility. Ever since Gould says our style was outdated, every man and his dog jumped on the band wagon.

The bottom line is, it does not hurt to reinvent your style and try new things, but without doing the basics, any team will lose most of their games.

Now I know why we were not doing the basics right. We had ego driven distractions that are no longer there.

Bring on 2008!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Apart from a bunch of remarks in this forum, i dont think anyone has treated him badly. Nobody in the club is blaming him, he is still coach. Only person to have a go at him was Willy, and we all know how much he cares about that.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

no respect i think has been given to him especially by boofhead mason.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
the whole mason saga only shows the lack of respect that he has for folkes...saying that he learnt nothing....had he not come to the bulldogs he may not even been half the player he is or should i say was

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with a 1st grade Bulldog (caz he was at the 21st i was at) and he said two things.
1) Masons a pr1ck and the boys hate him
2) Folkse has one year to prove himself. The players are fed up with him

There are 2 sides to every story. Mason was a retard in the way he carried out everything but his beef with Management and the coach may hold credibility.
Dont just write it off, Mas isnt the only one feeling like that

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every game where we had more than 50% of the ball we won

a couple of years ago we could win matches with less than 50% but last year our squad wasn't as good as previous years.

The only game where we had 50% and lost was to an in form Manly and we all but had that game sewn up.

K

Kane 'em

That's the way the sport well works. When you win you are a God and when you lose people will try to do everything to bury you. Obviously people who watched 10% of Bulldog matches would come to the conclusion that it wasn't Folkes dropping the ball 24/7.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I spoke with a 1st grade Bulldog (caz he was at the 21st i was at) and he said two things.
1) Masons a pr1ck and the boys hate him
2) Folkse has one year to prove himself. The players are fed up with him

There are 2 sides to every story. Mason was a retard in the way he carried out everything but his beef with Management and the coach may hold credibility.
Dont just write it off, Mas isnt the only one feeling like that
Yeh right. You are full of it. If the players were "fed up" with him he wouldnt be coach next year. They couldnt be fed up with him coz hes an a$$hole to them, it would have to be over results if it were true.

What right do players have to get impatient coz a coach cant get results anyway? They would/should worry more about thier part in not getting the results. Players had the most to do with last years form. Folkes didnt tell them to drop balls, miss tackles or kick the ball either straight to players or over the dead ball line. He didnt tell them to be lazy or mix thier form. Most players were hot and cold all year. Thats the players fault. Some of it may have been injuries.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh right. You are full of it. If the players were "fed up" with him he wouldnt be coach next year. They couldnt be fed up with him coz hes an a$$hole to them, it would have to be over results if it were true.

What right do players have to get impatient coz a coach cant get results anyway? They would/should worry more about thier part in not getting the results. Players had the most to do with last years form. Folkes didnt tell them to drop balls, miss tackles or kick the ball either straight to players or over the dead ball line. He didnt tell them to be lazy or mix thier form. Most players were hot and cold all year. Thats the players fault. Some of it may have been injuries.
I love how people think their right all the time with no basis whatsoever!
OKAY you love Folkse, very admirable. BUT im here telling you that manny of the players are over his attitude and style and your sitting here disputing what they are telling me.
Evidently you'd know more about how the players are feeling then they do, How old r you dude about 15?

B

Ben Godberts

lol drummer boy who do youy know
at a party of yours im guessing neenan simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.