Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I love how people think their right all the time with no basis whatsoever!
OKAY you love Folkse, very admirable. BUT im here telling you that manny of the players are over his attitude and style and your sitting here disputing what they are telling me.
Evidently you'd know more about how the players are feeling then they do, How old r you dude about 15?
Its not about whether i like Folkes or not, its about people trying to provide "scoops" or "inside info" in this forum all the time when they know squat. And they never have sources, or say they cant reveal them, how convenient.

Even if i hated Folkes, i still say you are full of it.

Its BS that the players are fed up with Folkes. Put a checkable source or STFU. It has been said in the media by the players a number of times that the players are happy with Folkes in response to Mason' wild claims. And all MAson was doing was spewing garbage trying to make Folkes look bad. None of it was true. Mason is full of it too.

And why do you think i have to be 15 to disagree with you?

Only YOU think/know anybody told you anything. We are supposed to take your word for it that something is going on that the players and club are denying?

According to various threads in this forum....all the players are sick of Folkes, most of the board is sick of Folkes, and a lot of the fans want him gone.

SO WTF IS HE DOING COACHING US IN 08 THEN? EXPLAIN THAT. And dont say contracts etc, we saw by Mason how much contracts mean.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ NO contracts, but him and Noad are bum-chums!

You can chose to listen to me or go off what you piece together.
*Look at our mass exodus over the years.

*Ive had Jamaal lolesi in the past tell me Noad's fukd. You see Mason evidentky EXTREMELY disgruntled at our coach.

*We have a 1st grader (who i dont wana name caz hes a good family freind) who thinks mason is a prick for his actions abut believes he has some valid points in reference to Folkes.

*I had coffee with one of the biggest name in our club and HE ALSO hates Mason now (thankGOD, so he wont be going anywhere) BUT also believes that Folkse's time is running thin to prove himslef...

Whatever... This is the truth and the facts make up your own mind. based on your OWN theories...

pump

Waterboy
Reaction score

*Ive had Jamaal lolesi in the past tell me Noad's fukd. You see Mason evidentky EXTREMELY disgruntled at our coach.

*We have a 1st grader (who i dont wana name caz hes a good family freind) who thinks mason is a prick for his actions abut believes he has some valid points in reference to Folkes.

*I had coffee with one of the biggest name in our club and HE ALSO hates Mason now (thankGOD, so he wont be going anywhere) BUT also believes that Folkse's time is running thin to prove himslef...

Whatever... This is the truth and the facts make up your own mind. based on your OWN theories...
You are so popluar

-313-

I think if you are given lemons than you make lemonade,

Just look at who did the folks have last year, he had a very slow and unproductive backline, (with exception to the general) he had a half back that has been out of form for 2 years, and a rookie five eight that is hot and cold, he had leading front rower that was out of form and already thinking about next year (O'meley) and the other fron rower who is one of the biggest distractions anyclub could have. In the second row, you had a superstar who was used on every play, and the captins who was to busy making the tackles that his lock missed, and don't even get me started on the hooker.

Given our preformance last season, i think we were lucky to get as far as we did.

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he has heen harsly done by. Many footballers get to a certain level or income and become complacent. The drive and passion does not stay in many. There are not too many ruben wiki or steven price type guts players around. Too much glory and too many big head forgetting about doing the small things right.

have a look at what idiot matthew elliot did to canberra and then look at our coach. i think he is going alright.

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

no source .... no credibility. I don't know any workplace where everyone likes each other, particularly the boss and management. This is no different, just blown out of proportion by cock willie and his *** brigade.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think while he will go down as one of the most influential Bulldogs of our time (on and off the field) he's is outdated, and we need a restructuring...

Anyhow even MGMT have acknowledged this, given him 1 more year and forced him to try new tactics instead of our 5 tackles straight up, and kick to fullback or out on full on the 6th..

W

Willie Talau'd

Folkes is not as structureless as you all say, far from it.
Reason why guys get rubbed up the wrong way by him at times is because he is at times stubborn and at times non communicative but then again so are all coaches you play under in there own way.
In no way is it an out of control problem though.
Go and ask your mates DB they will tell you same reason I just outlined to you.
BTW only a small # of the players have a prob with folkes, get your facts straight.
Anyhow it is his last year so let him be.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no source .... no credibility. I don't know any workplace where everyone likes each other, particularly the boss and management. This is no different, just blown out of proportion by cock willie and his *** brigade.
U want me to film them or something wtf??
Like i said, its this is what ive experienced. Whether its right or wrong is for you to decide

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
chill FFS

i have made my position clear. a football club is a workplace and not everyone gets on.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

None of them left because of management apart from Mason. So...? People leave every club, its how it goes. Many clubs have lost as many players as we have since 04.

I dont give any cred to anything Mason says. We arent talking about Noad either.

Hmm the family friend source again. Hes almost as popular as the mate who knows a player.

That sounds a lot like your opinion, and that of a few fans who expect a premiership every year. Doesnt sound like management talking. And if he a Noad are bum chums, how will he get sacked anyway smarty?

How do you sack a coach when the team keeps making the finals, even when they are ordinary?

You are taking the fact he comes off contract at the end of 08, and the fact we havent won since 04, and guessing they will sack him if we dont win it next year. Of course they wont coz we arent expected to do anything next year anyway.

Read above first

You say they are facts. Nobody has proof of it.

I dont think Folkes is God, but we havent been going that bad that they would sack the coach. However good we were last year, we were always going to be wiped by Storm, they were that good they even made Manly look crap, and Manly were excellent last year. We could have been better but i doubt a different coach would have made a lot of difference.I blame teh players who couldnt execute Folkes plans.

He will be forced through team changes to change up his style a bit anyway, so saying the board made him change it up is redundant.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Players need fresh ideas and new input from a new coach.
Coach has this year to freshen and change things a bit. If he cant his time is up.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read above first

You say they are facts. Nobody has proof of it.
Okay ill get a camera crew to record my next convo :whacky:
I dont think Folkes is God, but we havent been going that bad that they would sack the coach. However good we were last year, we were always going to be wiped by Storm, they were that good they even made Manly look crap, and Manly were excellent last year. We could have been better but i doubt a different coach would have made a lot of difference.I blame teh players who couldnt execute Folkes plans.
Very silly Point imo.
WHAT PLANS? I understand if players fudge a game here or there but give me ONE GAME that we didnt rely on an individual effort or forwards bulldozing their way over to score?
Remind me about ONE set play! One backline movement!
When did we come out and play to a teams weaknesses???
If you thought we had game last year just our players couldn't execute then ur dumber then i imagined.. :(
He will be forced through team changes to change up his style a bit anyway, so saying the board made him change it up is redundant.[/B]
Now THATS you talking crap.
Im telling you what 1st grade players are feeling and dealing with and your giving me your synopsis on the coach and his techniques

T

TdoggBulldog

well when i had my 21st last week me and sonny bill williams and luke patten and mark o'meley were talking and we all decided we love steven folkes

i got pics for proof btw.

pump

Waterboy
Reaction score
well when i had my 21st last week me and sonny bill williams and luke patten and mark o'meley were talking and we all decided we love steven folkes

i got pics for proof btw.
Sonny Bill, Luke Patten, Mark O'Meley and I.....

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dognacious said:
None of them left because of management apart from Mason. So...? People leave every club, its how it goes. Many clubs have lost as many players as we have since 04.
How do YOU know? Caz they didn't cause a sensation like Mason you ASSUME they all left for more money??
I'm telling u straight from the horses mouth that Jamal Lolesi left very disappointed with the board.
God knows how many others did the same?
I dont give any cred to anything Mason says. We arent talking about Noad either.
Why? You don't you think Mason can offer an insight as to the feelings of some of not alot of players?
TWO sides to every story buddy.
Mason's a total fukoff with how he went about his affair, but he may just make a valid point in the process, to ignore it is to your own peril.
Don't be one-eyed

Hmm the family friend source again. Hes almost as popular as the mate who knows a player.
I could post pics as proof but i don't want to.
Like i said dude, you have my word that the above is true and you can chose to believe it or not.
Either way if you look at it in perspective its all common sense and been said for years now anyway. These are not ground breaking revelations.
How do you sack a coach when the team keeps making the finals, even when they are ordinary?
8 of 16 teams will make the finals.
Canterbury does not award mediocrity.
Join a Sharks or Dragons if your happy to just make the finals every year!
You are taking the fact he comes off contract at the end of 08, and the fact we havent won since 04, and guessing they will sack him if we dont win it next year. Of course they wont coz we arent expected to do anything next year anyway.
Apparently hes got 1 year left, isnt that common knowledge??

Status
Not open for further replies.