Our Big Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne have Slater, Cronk and Smith.

Most would agree they need to be fit for the Storm to make the GF.

We have our own big three - Barba, Morris and Reynolds

IMO if these three stay fit we will also make the GF.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so if the forward pack gets wiped out then we would still make the GF with those 3?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Ennis gets back to his best then yes!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They're definitely our big three. I just saw the title of this thread and before reading it I knew who you were talking about.
I dont think they have as big an impact on our teams fortunes as melbournes big three though, it's just the nature of our team. If the forwards continue to do their thing, I reckon we could lose one of them and still win the comp. maybe not Barba though. ;)

theprestige

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
so if the forward pack gets wiped out then we would still make the GF with those 3?
Agree. If they are our big three, we can still win games without them, unlike the storm who have lost slater and it has shown through their recent form

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean wiped out??

Des has many options if we lose a key forward but our big three are irreplaceable

We have the best forward depth in the competition.

Also, we have no one player in our forwards that is as important as Smith is to Melbourne.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What do you mean wiped out??
if lets say kasiano, pritchard, ennis and halatau all get injured or suspended

your statement could be interpreted as either

1. we need these 3 players to be fit for a grand final

2. all we need for a grand final is these 3 players to be fit

my post is making sure that you meant 1. not 2.

either way this is not basketball, 3 players arent 60% of the team so more credit should be provided to others

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
if lets say kasiano, pritchard, ennis and halatau all get injured or suspended

your statement could be interpreted as either

1. we need these 3 players to be fit for a grand final

2. all we need for a grand final is these 3 players to be fit

my post is making sure that you meant 1. not 2.

either way this is not basketball, 3 players arent 60% of the team so more credit should be provided to others
Please don't temp fate , they going good , just enjoy.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Heat have a better Big Three tbh with LBJ, Wade and Bosh. Plus they have a great bench now with Allen.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Please don't temp fate , they going good , just enjoy.
i am enjoying but if anyone is tempting fate it is Mr M talking about a big 3 and how much we need them

if the injury gods had a sense of humour then they would wipe the big 3 out

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No! We have dropped intensity and won't win a GF!
We need to get Pritchard back to his best, Kasiano passing selected offloads, not desperate speculators and Eastwood back to barnstorming form, in 1 week, that is our mission.
Once we have a solid platform, Keating, Reynolds, Morris and Barba can work some magic.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No! We have dropped intensity and won't win a GF!
We need to get Pritchard back to his best, Kasiano passing selected offloads, not desperate speculators and Eastwood back to barnstorming form, in 1 week, that is our mission.
Once we have a solid platform, Keating, Reynolds, Morris and Barba can work some magic.
We only played what's in front of us. The test will come up with Manly and Yes we will beat them as well! I have no doubt at all. The boys will aim up!

d0ggiez81

Waterboy
Reaction score
I say no, if we lose our forward pack by some freak injury plague I think we are still screwed. To me I think a good forward pack is essential. We need a fit pack up front, they are our go forward, they do the damage. Without them our backs won't have chance to create plays and I definitely do not see us going forward without them.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahhaha keating weave some magic i cant stop laughing. He is the only halfback in the top 8 sides who has yet to win a man of the match. Look at that reynolds kid from souths even though he has inglis, burgess, luke and taylor in the same side he has won the mom 3 times alreadi this year in his debut year. In my honest opinion we cannot win the gf with keating at half. Its barba and our forwads that have gotten us to where we are today.
I hope ginger boy proves me wrong starting from next week.
It was funny how even sterlo and ronald gould called keating a bit part player in their commenatry tonyt.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hahhaha keating weave some magic i cant stop laughing. He is the only halfback in the top 8 sides who has yet to win a man of the match. Look at that reynolds kid from souths even though he has inglis, burgess, luke and taylor in the same side he has won the mom 3 times alreadi this year in his debut year. In my honest opinion we cannot win the gf with keating at half. Its barba and our forwads that have gotten us to where we are today.
I hope ginger boy proves me wrong starting from next week.
It was funny how even sterlo and ronald gould called keating a bit part player in their commenatry tonyt.
there is nothing wrong with having role players in the team

our 2009 team was almost all role players and that was the most effective bulldogs team i can remember

Big Dawg

Waterboy
Reaction score
We're not Melbourne. We're more than just three players. I think Kasiano, Pritchard, Halatau, Graham, Tolman and Ennis are vital to our forward pack. As are Reynolds, Morris and Barba to our backline

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
what does that mean really? what is a role player??

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Melbourne have Slater, Cronk and Smith.

Most would agree they need to be fit for the Storm to make the GF.

We have our own big three - Barba, Morris and Reynolds

IMO if these three stay fit we will also make the GF.
I agree in regards to attack . Sure hope big Sammy doesnt miss any time thru suspension

Dog Daze

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've been really impressed with the attacking options the Dogs have developed.

We've had a run of night/wet games in greasy conditions. That's where the offloads from Kasiano and Pritchard have dried up.
When it's to greasy to offload like that, they can go back to the short passing or one out stuff, but we have options to the left through the hands to Morris, options to the right to Inu through the hands, options left and right with Keating and Reynolds kicking to Wright and Inu. Barba is just a freak and can chime in or strike from anywhere.

As for Melbourne's big three, they can cover Slater and Cronk individually, but without Cameron Smith it would be very difficult for them to be a finals contender.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're not Melbourne. We're more than just three players. I think Kasiano, Pritchard, Halatau, Graham, Tolman and Ennis are vital to our forward pack. As are Reynolds, Morris and Barba to our backline
Agree. Barba is outstanding; and Morris in great form. But, if the forwards weren't putting in the big hits and deft passes the back line would never see the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.