Players contracted beyond 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2008 will see a changing of the guard at the Dogs.

We only have 19 players out of 57 contracted beyond 2008, leaving 38 to be resigned next year!!

Of those 19 only 7 of them were in our 07 NRL squad and only Williams is signed beyond beyond 2009.

out of those 7 Mason, Maitua, Millard, Utai and Williams look top 17 standard in 2009, with both El Masri and Holdsworth stuggling.

Other than those 5 which players do you see as a priority to resign for our 2009 squad.

RAMBO

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i reckon koups should be resigned... theres lots of potential in him, he'll turn out to be a great player

Offseason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i reckon koups should be resigned... theres lots of potential in him, he'll turn out to be a great player
Agreed. I have done a thread on this before. Patten, Nanai, Winitana, TeMaari, should be resigned. Other than them I can't think of too many I would want to keep.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

sometimes it is good to sign a player long term but look what happened to sherwin after he was signed for 5 years no hunger.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
reni, Koups and pattern are our must they were all good this year, but i insist they should put koups on for the whole 80mins, when he comes on the field there is a big difference

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Sherwins case it may have been mistake, but yu are only as good as the team around you.
I think half the reeason Sherwins kicks are innefective is that Hazem hasn't got the speed to risk attacking the ball.
It is very hard to make attacking kicks and capitalise when our bacline isthe slowest in the NRL. The final against the COwboys is a prime example.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I can already see a couple of clubs wanting Kouparitsas's signature, which is why the club needs to get a move on (despite him been injured).

Hopefully we can manage to keep Te Maari also, and it doesn't come down to keeping one or the other.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i spoke to his brother kostas and nick will re-sign for a further 2 years.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
theres lots of potential in koups....he'll be a top player for many years to come:grinning:

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a feeling ben barba will go to north queensland after his contract finshes like Johnathan Thurston or one of the queensland team

koups is a must re-sign for the dogs. he was one of the best for the bulldogs this year

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
but thats still a sh!tload of players that will be off contract at the end of next season...i wonder whats gonna happen

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
i have a feeling ben barba will go to north queensland after his contract finshes like Johnathan Thurston or one of the queensland team

koups is a must re-sign for the dogs. he was one of the best for the bulldogs this year
Nah i dont think he'll move onto North Queensland, They just signed a 21 yr old from Cronulla for a few yrs, they dont need any more halves thats for sure.

Offseason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah i dont think he'll move onto North Queensland, They just signed a 21 yr old from Cronulla for a few yrs, they dont need any more halves thats for sure.
They also signed Travis Burns. Also Ben Barba is signed until the end of 2009

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kouparitsas. He will be a Big Part in the 2008 Campaign for the Bulldogs.

T

tallis12

yeh koups is a proity great player of the future also im not totally sure on the dogs contract stuff but i would defintely resign nanai, koups, winitana, lol aand im not thinking theres heaps more!!

but talking bout players like barba living up to expectation i dont really think millard is anything to write home about either he was very solid but nothing amazing this year but i didnt really see the dogz of war this year either so yeh

And isnt barba from tahls area??

T

TdoggBulldog

i dont doubt it because he will want to come home and he is a cowboys supporter

BUT if syd treats him well he very well may stay there.

T

TdoggBulldog

yeh koups is a proity great player of the future also im not totally sure on the dogs contract stuff but i would defintely resign nanai, koups, winitana, lol aand im not thinking theres heaps more!!

but talking bout players like barba living up to expectation i dont really think millard is anything to write home about either he was very solid but nothing amazing this year but i didnt really see the dogz of war this year either so yeh

And isnt barba from tahls area??
yeh he is, i know him

im dating his cousin haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.