Search results

1. Novdoggie

The "Kick Off" will soon be dead

Yesterday Jacob Preston was another casualty and broke his jaw from a barnstorming Shaq Mitchell who stands at 192cm & weighs 116kg. At full speed, the collision would be like being hit by a car. This year has seen a number of incidences where defending players running up to meet an oncoming...
  2. Novdoggie

Would You Sign Wayne Bennett for 2025?

I don't think I need to elaborate too much on the thread title. How he can turn a teams poor performance around within a week and become one of the most impressive teams of the round says everything about what we need. He will attract elite players to the club and a winning culture.. For me, I...
  3. Novdoggie

Peter Tunks and 2SM Talkin Sport

Just wondering if anyone knows what has gone on with Peter Tunks and Talkin Sport with Graeme Hughes? The other day a caller rang in and mentioned Tunks and said he hadn't heard him on radio for a while and Hughes and Brett Papworth almost totally ignored the comment and moved on. Anyone know...
  4. Novdoggie

Give me back my $80 you son of a bitches

What a waste of my money and time to go out to the game and watch such a pathetic display of what is suppose to be a professional sporting team. We all go to work for our dollar and are expected to perform to a standard our employer expect from us otherwise we lose our jobs. This team ( I...
  5. Novdoggie

Panthers Scott Sorensen

https://www.zerotackle.com/panthers-set-to-lose-premiership-star-as-negotiations-break-down-154437/ The Penrith Panthers could be in danger of losing yet another premiership star as the club could not come to terms on a new deal with an unsung forward. Would definitely add mongrel to our pack.
  6. Novdoggie

I'm SPEECHLESS thread

I'm SPEECHLESS.
  7. Novdoggie

Barrett's Assistant Coach

I need to ask why the best coaches such as Bellamy and Bennett have always had an assistant coach, which from my understanding is separate from a defensive and attacking coach, and Barrett doesn't? Barret has Furner next to him in the box, and correct me if I am wrong he is our defensive coach...
  8. Novdoggie

2023 Will See The Changing Of The Guard

If you notice of late, most of the player movements are coming from teams currently dominating the NRL competition over the past few years. The top teams are bleeding players rapidly and the blood won't be stopping anytime soon. And we are talking about talented top level players in their teams...
  9. Novdoggie

HELP NEEDED

Anyone???
  10. Novdoggie

How has Hasler and Manly escaped scrutiny?

Is this guy made of Teflon? How is it with the players Manly have, some diabolical performances not to mention their 13th place on the ladder has Halser and Manly escaped any publicity and scrutiny from the media? Hasler has been escaping criticism for many years now and what I am seeing ( if we...
  11. Novdoggie

MEMBERS: CALLS FOR AN EGM

Based on the current constitution the only way for change within the board of this once great club can only come from the Members. Members need to rally together and call for an EGM IMMEDIATELY!!!! And save this club from disaster. The alternative and the decent and moral thing to do is to...
  12. Novdoggie

Any wonder why The Bulldog's are not on Prime Time TV

It is with no surprise the Bulldogs are not televised on Prime TV time slots. The Bulldogs lack any form of entertainment even at their best which let's face it does not rate amongst most teams in the NRL. Bulldogs games do not rate large volumes of audiences not only this year but also the...
  13. Novdoggie

Oh How I Miss Grand Final Week!!

Growing up as a kid all that mattered was hoping the Bulldogs would win the Grand Final, every year. I would ride every play week in week out in the hope the blue and white blood sweat and tears from the players would come with victory. The days when losses came with hurt and wins came with fist...
  14. Novdoggie

Oh How I Miss Grand Final Week!!

Growing up as a kid all that mattered was hoping the Bulldogs would win the Grand Final, every year. I would ride every play week in week out in the hope the blue and white blood sweat and tears from the players would come with victory. The days when losses came with hurt and wins came with fist...
  15. Novdoggie

Contracts need to be fulfilled or pay a price

Why doesn't the NRL and Clubs introduce a clause that if a player wants to break a contract that is not on mutual terms then he must pay the club a get out clause, a percentage of his contract? If it is mutual then no need for it. In this case with Matterson I think 25% he would have to pay...
  16. Novdoggie

Our next big signing

Without a doubt we need to buy an organising half. This is where our million dollars plus needs to be spent. Unless we sign one we just can't cut it with the bigger teams week in week out. Who is available from 2020, any ideas?
  17. Novdoggie

Talkin Sport Tyson Frizzel unhappy at Dragons

Heard on Talkin Sport today Frizell is unhappy at the Dragons. He would be the perfect fit for us with his toughness and experience.
  18. Novdoggie

Bulldogs make the semis in 2019

Ok, I just had to. We can make the semis with a bit of luck, ok a lot and here is the final three rounds formula for the Bulldogs to make the semi's in 2019 Table after round 22 Bronco's - 23 Sharks - 22 Panthers - 22 Knights -20 Wests -20 Warriors -19 Bulldogs - 18 Round 23 Results: Dogs v...
  19. Novdoggie

No Source RFM TO THE DRAGONS

This is happening before June 30
  20. Novdoggie

It's time for ALL BULLDOGS FANS say enough is enough?

Like most Bulldogs fans, I have had enough. We have had to endure many years of under performing, mediocre, amateurish and unprofessionalism on and off the field that has taken our great club to its lowest standards since its introduction in 1935. We use to be a club all other clubs aspired to...
  21. Novdoggie

WHO REALLY IS OUR LEADER?

Sometimes while watching our games I struggle to answer this question. Who is our leader on the field? While Josh Jackson has the big 'C' next to his name, I'm not seeing a leader that is getting the best out of his team mates. Isn't that a captains job and to lead by example? Now Jackson no...
  22. Novdoggie

Who replaces Foran if you were Pay? Why?

Ok so we have to live without Foran for a period of time. Your Dean Pay, who fills Forans' shoes this week? If Cogger is not ready I say we have to take a gamble. Now, we need to be defensively good to beat the Storm but also need a ball player to fill 5/8 (Lewis to half). I'm throwing CHN in...
  23. Novdoggie

Shame on The Daily Telegraph

Over the weekend we saw the Bulldogs win the ISP but The Daily Telegraph failed to report this great victory. On the opposite end The Sydney Morning Herald report across two pages not just the win but a marriage proposal by Renouf To'omaga. A feel good story to go along with a great victory. The...
  24. Novdoggie

Sweet Mad Monday Song

Mad Monday began, I can't begin to knowing But then I know Dogs growing strong Was in the spring Then spring became the summer Who'd have believed the media come along Hands, touching hands Reaching out, touching me touching you Sweet Mad Monday Good times never seemed so good Dogs be inclined...
  25. Novdoggie

SHIRTLESS ROUND 1, 2019 PROTEST

I think round one next year fans should take their shirts off as a protest against the media. They can't stop us from doing this as it is NOT illegal. This is allowed in A-League and Cricket games at ALL venues across the country and no one is ejected for it so long as there is no violence...
  26. Novdoggie

Did the Tigers screw themselves in getting Nathan Cleary by signing Moses Mbye?

With all the drama surrounding Ivan Cleary and his son Nathan, did the Tigers screw themselves when signing Mbye and not leaving enough money to attract what would have been a certain signing in luring Nathan Cleary? Could this be one of the biggest stuff ups we have seen from a club in a long...
  27. Novdoggie

TIME FOR UNITY

As we battle through our toughest few years in our history we feel like we are in uncharted waters. Simply, the Bulldogs fans don't like failure. On field success is what we want and what we are use to. But the reality is even the best teams and the best individuals are destined for a decline...
  28. Novdoggie

PENALTY GOALS ARE SLOWING THE GAME DOWN

I watch most games on the weekends and I'm getting turned off by the stoppages with penalties awarded inside the ten in particular. Most teams then take the two and we've lost about 2 minutes of play. Defending teams are happy to give away two points. This is ruining our game as a spectacle...
  29. Novdoggie

NRL FINALS FOOTY NEEDS THE BULLDOGS

With the first week of finals footy over we saw a measly 75,000 fans attend four games. While the games played were as exciting as ever seen in finals it can't be disputed that the poor attendance figures was missing the massive Bulldogs fans that usually attend at this time of the year. No...
  30. Novdoggie

South's Coach Maguire Sacked, surely Hasler must go!!

South's have sacked Michael Maguire after taking Souths to that long-awaited premiership in 2014, collected the 2015 World Club Challenge and 2015 Auckland Nines since joining the club in 2012. If such a coach gets the sack for these results surely Des Hasler must also follow him after not...
  31. Novdoggie

Dragons Fans Respond

I thought I'd take a viewing to see how the Dragons fans are coping and I'm seeing comments like these. Warning: pissing your pants may occur bahaha..... ......... ............... ............ Post:everything to play for and put on a performance like that you got what you deserved you pack of...
  32. Novdoggie

Name the title of this pic

I'll kick it off.. You'd be a mug if you bought one!
  33. Novdoggie

WE DON'T HAVE TO RELEASE ANYONE...IF?

Personally I would hate to see Graham released. There should be others let go before his name should be mentioned but this may not be the case though there is another option to retain him. In 2108 we will have a minimum of 7 current players earning $600,000+ ea. It sounds like based on the cap...
  34. Novdoggie

Graeme Hughes take a bow. You are all class Sir!

This is why we need the likes of Graeme Hughes at our club (read article til the end). A man who has dignity and pride for what he stands for. He is one that can breath fresh new life into the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. PLEASE GRAEME COME BACK HOME, WE NEED YOU...
  35. Novdoggie

Our new Chief Executive?

36. Novdoggie

Round 24 BOYCOTT - Last Home Game

It is evident that the Bulldogs are at an all time low and fans have had enough. Booing the team shows ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Ok this has been tried but I'm sure by now the fans want action. Do you want to have a say? Do you want to send a message to the club? IT IS NOW TIME!! BOYCOTT ROUND 24 v's...
  37. Novdoggie

Round 22 v Eels Crowd Attendance

Usually this late in the season and with it being against Parra would attract 50,000. Watch the marketing dept. work in overdrive next week. You won't be getting my money. Will you attend?
  38. Novdoggie

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH PROTEST!

If the board won't take action tonight and sack Des, for the future of this club we need to hold a peaceful protest requesting for Des and Dib to stand down. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH PROTEST! This great club is going through the lowest period in its history and nothing is being done about it. Everyone...
  39. Novdoggie

What now for team selections?

Ok so it's obvious to win the tight games we need Holland in the side for his goal kicking. As a winger let him learn his trade in the NRL, he will only improve and he shows glimpses of that. He just needs consistency. In saying that with Bmoz coming back how does Holland fit in? I would be...
  40. Novdoggie

Moses Or Moses

If you had the choice who would you take, Moses Mbye or Mitchell Moses? Responses will be interesting. Let's see who comes out on top tonight.
  41. Novdoggie

Can we win 6 from the next 9?

Ok, it's now into the second half of the season and I am trying to come up with what is required from the Dogs to sneak into the finals and for Des to maintain his ongoing semi's appearances. So for this to happen in my opinion the following is required. Taking into account another bye and...
  42. Novdoggie

FIFITA...How isn't he a Bulldog today?

According to this write up he was a Bulldog.... til the executives screwed it up. And we have these people running the club. A lot of our on field problems could've been solved with this signing.
  43. Novdoggie

NRL completions rates that will shock you!!

OK, i think we are all astounded at the philosophy behind Des's game plan. Completion rates seem to be his way of winning games. Take a look at the attached completion rates for all teams and this will tell you a different story to what Des is trying to achieve. The top sides win with their...
  44. Novdoggie

Round 16 Dogs v Warriors - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

For the announced teams , click the link below. (Same thread different location) http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/round-16-dogs-v-warriors-team-list-and-game-discussion-thread.106446/page-2#post-3175988 This is a nightmare schedule! Do you think our SOO players will play...
  45. Novdoggie

Des... Some free advice.

Ok Des, so a win is a win and good on the Dogs for coming out like they wanted it more. On effort and spirit we can't fault them today on that, though the Dogs history tells us this should happen week in week out. That's your job and we'll done you got them up for it today but let's face it...
  46. Novdoggie

Next Sunday's Game v's Roosters

I was stupid enough to go to last nights game, after raiders win I was excited for a good game. I was so pissed off driving out that I've already decided I'm not wasting my time next Sunday. I'll watch it on TV. Also why should I go if Hoppa won't play? Raelene & Board members enjoy your empty...
  47. Novdoggie

Is GOOD enough or do you want GREATNESS?

I want to say that we have had some GOOD years with these players, alot of ups and some downs. Over the past five years with this team I really thought we'd win a premiership by now and i know you did too. That hasn't been the case but like i said they have been good years, winning more than...
  48. Novdoggie

Sort out the recruitment now!

Tonight we played like a team having issues off the field. Until things are sorted, who's going and who's staying there will be more results like this flogging tonight. Graham looked pissed off when he came off. Klemmer had the worst game in years. Jackson's first half was below his usual best...
  49. Novdoggie

How's Teddy feeling now?

Ok so we missed out on Tedesco but I thought the latest Roosters news was just a bad joke. Teddy signed for the Roosters last week thinking his going to get a fresh start to his career and play finals footy. Today the Roosters announced a big signing to help him along... Jason Taylor as...
  50. Novdoggie

Hoppa in for Montoya?

I'm hearing from the horses mouth..... OK i read it in the Tele..lol.. that possibly Hoppa will come into the side for Montoya. Please tell me the papers are "fake news". Can someone see any logic in this and would Hoppa do any better job on the Leipana bros. in his return from a broken jaw? I...
  51. Novdoggie

James Graham on NRL 360

If anyone saw James Graham on NRL 360 tonight he was shattered, nearly in tears re, Reynolds leaving. Couldn't speak any higher about Josh. The team I have no doubt are devastated, it was evident in Grahams emotions. We the fans only see what we see on the footy field and are quick to judge but...
  52. Novdoggie

Short Dropouts - 7 tackles

What do you think about a rule being introduced that if a team takes a short dropout and gets the ball back they should receive 7 tackles? Let's face it, it's an entertaining play (yes I know doesn't always pay off) but why shouldn't the team be rewarded for a high risk entertaining play just...
  53. Novdoggie

Legends of the Past V's Dreams of the future??

We can only hope that our future can replicate our past. Those were the days!!
  54. Novdoggie

Positive Thread - Cop the Loss , Let's move on!

OK so we've had our first loss in four weeks. Something most teams could only wish for. Let's now cop the loss and move on. We got beat by a good side today who outplayed us. If you can't see and admit that then I don't know what you were watching. We now have five days to turn it around and I...
  55. Novdoggie

Aaron Woods??

So, after today's performance from Aaron Woods is anyone going to doubt his signing? He is a great off loader and knows when to pick his moments to do so and when to run hard and bend the line. He will give us some creativity our forwards lack.
  56. Novdoggie

Your Recruitment & Salary Cap $$

I'm interested in seeing what everyone's ideas are and if you were in charge of the Dogs who and how would you juggle the salary cap presuming the new salary cap will be approx. 8.5 million? Everyone is throwing names around, but back it up with dollars and sense (common sense not cents btw)...
  57. Novdoggie

Game Plan or the Players?

After last nights game we can all admit we probably saw things from an individual and a team perspective what we have been waiting to see for some time. Lichaa ran the ball from dummy half and picked the right times to do so but also provided the halves the ball when they wanted it. Looked like...
  58. Novdoggie

Dear Raelene...Are you listening!!!?

Hi All, The following thread is purely my reasons and mine only to cancel my membership effective immediately. I speak for myself and not to influence anyone who chooses any differently. I respect every ones decision on how they will go about their choices in the future regarding their Bulldogs...
  59. Novdoggie

Raelene Castle responds

Please view below 'Dear Raelene'..a reply to our concerns.
  60. Novdoggie

Dear Raelene.....

Dear Realene, I have been a long time member of this great club for many years. But whether a fan has been a long time member or a one year member it doesn't matter, all are valued equally but as a CEO you still have to provide a product that is encouraging for all fans to want to go back week...
  61. Novdoggie

BULLDOGS PRIDE AND PASSION ON THE LINE

My thoughts on this week's game verses the Cowboys...and beyond. I've supported the dogs for 35 years and been a member for many of those so I've seen our club go through highs and lows. Not in a long time have I rated a game that is so critical not just to this season but years to come, as this...
  62. Novdoggie

The Entertainers..No More

I remember the days when the dogs were about being entertainers and not being pushed around by any team. It was a joy to watch....even when we lost. Over the past few years we've been known as a "monster pack" and nothing more. It's not enough. Let's face it, our forwards do a brilliant job but...