Your Recruitment & Salary Cap $$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing what everyone's ideas are and if you were in charge of the Dogs who and how would you juggle the salary cap presuming the new salary cap will be approx. 8.5 million? Everyone is throwing names around, but back it up with dollars and sense (common sense not cents btw). When the time comes it would be good to look back on and see who was close to the mark. The winner gets dinner with Aunty lol.
I'll kick it off...

1. I think Graham is the type of guy that would accept a pay cut to stay at the Dogs for two more years. He wants to win a premiership which he has never won so he stays. Save approx. 200k. This goes to Reynolds, he stays.

2. With the salary cap going up approx. 1.5 mil, I'll let go of Lichaa & Hoppa saves approx. 650k. so approx. 2.2 million to spend. Woods $800k + TPA. Foran 800k + TPA. Leaves 600k but remember there are backended deals so this is dispersed amongst the players. Not much left.

3. Tedesco/ Fullback...to get Tedesco we have to offload another player or two. My opinion we release Eastwood saving $500k although Morris is doing a great job and should stay FB for a year or two if we can't get Tedesco. Morris boys retire in 2yrs saving approx. 1.3 million. Enough to find a FB in 2019.

4. If Mbye doesn't prove himself in 2017 or if I can now I would shop him around say to the Broncos who are searching for a half. There's approx $800k + TPA, that gets Tedesco, Dugan or Alex Johnson. Hooker either Woolford or Garvey. I'll add Reynolds as an impact player.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Eastwood is signed till the end of 2018 and getting 550K next year? (Good grief - talk about paying overs)

I reckon Jeynolds might also take less money to stay with the Dogs.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
A lot of water to go under the bridge but this is what I'm hoping for;

Dogs release Tolman (if a team like Newcastle will pick up his contract?), Hoppa, Lichaa and the other NSW cup lads like Stanley etc.
Dogs resign Reynolds on peanuts I think we will sign a big name half or fullback if we can get Teddy? If we miss teddy we get Foran.

My squad for next season

Backs: Morris x2, Montoya, Lee, Holland, Mbye, Reynolds, Frawley, and one of Tedesco or Foran
Forwards: Woods, Klemmer, Graham, Kasiano, Fitala-Marriner, Elliot, Jackson, Eastwood, To'omaga, Woolford

19 man squad with back up coming from the likes of Abbey, Kennar, Taulau, Garvey and the likes

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would shop tolman and Eastwood out and bring in some juniors into fulltime squad and ask graham for a paycut. Combined with woods klemmer jackson you have youth and experience.
Reynolds will stay for a lot less than he is asking

Cut loose hoppa lichaa and Stanley

Bring in tedesco as number 1 priority and Cronk and u have a premiership winning team

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think we could give Graham a pay decrease until his contract is up which is end of next season

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As well as improving our first team and that should be th reality we need to poach some of the young talents of other teams to improve our youth teams, because even if we get Tedesco what if he gets injured and Bmoz will retire by the end of next season. We have to look at strengthening every level.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As well as improving our first team and that should be th reality we need to poach some of the young talents of other teams to improve our youth teams, because even if we get Tedesco what if he gets injured and Bmoz will retire by the end of next season. We have to look at strengthening every level.
Dylan edwards??

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I suppose one thing is clear, Hoppa being told to go means we need a Fucking fullback and lets hope somehow it's Tedesco. Dunno who
Else u go for. Missed fucking bird so not much left. I'll be furious if we upgrade
Hoppa

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh I just really want Hopoate gone, but I want his younger brother, his a fullback in the 20s for Manly and the guy has incredible strength and looks like he will be a good player.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbh I just really want Hopoate gone, but I want his younger brother, his a fullback in the 20s for Manly and the guy has incredible strength and looks like he will be a good player.
7th day adventist ..... don't do Saturdays

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa and Hoppa are nowhere near 650k combined.

Brisbane just signed Bird so they aren't looking for halves.

If the club signs Woods at $800k plus tpa they have rocks in their head. But very likely with this board and coach.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwood isn't on 550k lol
Where did that come from

Kas is on that not Eastwood

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go hell for leather at Dugan if teddy def goes to the cheats

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eastwood isn't on 550k lol
Where did that come from

Kas is on that not Eastwood
It was in a thread here about contracts a while ago. I think it's 550K next year because it was a backended 2 year contract. So he gets more next year than this year.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Try to get rid of Tolman, Eastwood, Hopoate, Stanley and Mbye. If we don't get Tedesco then I'd try a trade with the Cowboys. Mbye for Coote and Asiata/Lowe. Thurston would love to groom Mbye in the halves to take over from him. If Tedesco goes to the Roosters then one of Latrell Mitchell/Joseph Manu wont have a starting spot next year so I'd try to pry that player.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa and Hoppa are nowhere near 650k combined.

Brisbane just signed Bird so they aren't looking for halves.

If the club signs Woods at $800k plus tpa they have rocks in their head. But very likely with this board and coach.
Hoppa on $150k we got him for church money. Lichaa $500k thanks to Cleal paying overs.
Fair call on Bird but still let Mbye go.
Wood definitely asking $800k +...his a rep player but not disagreeing with you

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So going by reports that Tedesco is going to the Roosters and Woods is coming to us and doubting we would go after Dugan our only other realistic fullback options are: Lolohea and Edwards.

1. Edwards/Lolohea
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. ???
7. Frawley
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Graham

14. Kasiano
15. RFM
16. Fualalo
17. Eastwood/Tolman

For the #6 its between Foran or Reynolds, depends who Des wants.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So going by reports that Tedesco is going to the Roosters and Woods is coming to us and doubting we would go after Dugan our only other realistic fullback options are: Lolohea and Edwards.

1. Edwards/Lolohea
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. ???
7. Frawley
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Graham

14. Kasiano
15. RFM
16. Fualalo
17. Eastwood/Tolman

For the #6 its between Foran or Reynolds, depends who Des wants.
I don't get the Lolohea thing. The kid just hasn't produced any sort of consistent play for the last 2 years. He does one thing good and 3 things bad every game. Edwards is as green as grass and got shown up at NRL level a couple of weeks ago. I just don't see either of them fixing our FB issues in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.