MEMBERS: CALLS FOR AN EGM

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the current constitution the only way for change within the board of this once great club can only come from the Members.
Members need to rally together and call for an EGM IMMEDIATELY!!!! And save this club from disaster.

The alternative and the decent and moral thing to do is to give back control to it's Members and Fans and I ask for the CEO and the board to stand down and seek re-election should members wish to do so or go in another direction.

Members and fans have had enough. We have endured too much pain over the past six or so years and now once again we have to witness individuals involved within the club think more about their personal gains rather than the club which is owned by it's Members and Fans.

Enough is Enough, we need a new start to ensure our new coach has the support and backing from a board who is willing to band together and bring back the professionalism and pride back into the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We need a new start to ensure our new coach has the support and backing from a board who is willing to band together and bring back the professionalism and pride back into the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.
Er, this is what our new coach said this morning: ‘I'm one hundred per cent committed. Andrew Hill and the board have been nothing but supportive and very professional’. You were saying?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate there’s no doubt there’s a little unrest but let’s not get carried away with the hysteria in the media. People are frustrated when the L’s mount irrespective of the circumstances

The Board were transparent from the point that they took over that 2018-2020 would effectively be a period of pain due to the dire state of the salary cap and playing stocks, which are very real issues. They were elected with the understanding of this from members.

2021 has always been the money year. If the overall improvement across results and brand of football isn’t there then the heat will well and truly be turned up and rightly so.

Malla

Reaction score
Er, this is what our new coach said this morning: ‘I'm one hundred per cent committed. Andrew Hill and the board have been nothing but supportive and very professional’. You were saying?
All absolute bullshit from the media. It's pretty clear that we don't let the media in so they just fabricate a bunch of shit.

Malla

Reaction score
Mate there’s no doubt there’s a little unrest but let’s not get carried away. People are frustrated when the L’s mount irrespective of the circumstances

The Board were transparent from the point that they took over that 2018-2020 would effectively be a period of pain due to the dire state of the salary cap and playing stocks, which are very real issues. They were elected with the understanding of this from members.

2021 has always been the money year. If the overall improvement across results and brand of football isn’t there then the heat will well and truly be turned up and rightly so.
Unrest? From who? Is this because the media said there was unrest? Ok lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All absolute bullshit from the media. It's pretty clear that we don't let the media in so they just fabricate a bunch of shit.
These days many get their ‘news’ from Farcebook and Screwgle and automatically assume it’s legit so don’t bother checking anywhere else. Why are those two companies fighting proposed legislation to limit this? Because it will not only fairly compensate real news sources but will reduce their clicks and their revenue - and help reduce fake news.

Malla

Reaction score
These days many get their ‘news’ from Farcebook and Screwgle and automatically assume it’s all legit so don’t bother checking anywhere else. Why are those two companies fighting proposed legislation to limit this? Because it will not only fairly compensate real news sources but will also reduce their clicks and their revenue - and help reduce fake news.
Does my head in.

Even someone like Gus who makes shit up has a vested interest in these clicks. He writes an article or talks shit about Bulldogs, he generates x amount of clicks onto his article, he gets x amount of return - pretty simple.

People need to wake up to this and stop reading or entertaining anything these muppets say.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To me this seems like a poor time to be putting a new leadership group in charge of the football club. I'm assuming that we've got negotiations in play for players and staff. That will all fall apart if we get a new group in right now. If we aren't a significantly better team next year I have no issues with seeing the board up for reelection at a suitable time.

It seems like Coorey is probably seeing his job under threat and is agitating to save his job on the face of things. Deflecting the dissatisfied fans might actually save his job. I'd assume the EGM wouldn't tie in the leagues club board. By all means if he's guilty of harrassing women oust him. But the last thing I think we need is a new crew in charge of the football club needing months to find their feet when it's crucial to get results with our negotiations.

I'm not blindly supportive of our footy club board. This is a make or break time for them. Despite what their haters think, they worked towards this time to get our salary cap in order and the plan was to improve the roster heading into next year. We haven't signed a large group of new players. But we've got two pretty good signings and hopefully will get a few more if we don't roll over the boat because a few people think it's not sitting pretty enough in the water. I think the disruption would be incredibly counter productive at this stage.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course he will say that and I'm sure that is the case but it doesn't mean the board aren't divided.
Hill and Price do not get along. Anderson and Coorey are so divided they can't be in the same room. Take that as fact. I have heard this from an ex Bulldogs player who we all admire and he has no allegiance with anyone. I asked him is it a media beat up. He laughed and said there are internal people leaking to the media the infighting details. I will also mention this that there is a person/s on the outside with an agenda wanting to have Anderson gone. This person has caused some of the internal fighting to explode AND have gone to the media to discuss details. I will not mention who but you don't have to he Einstein to work out who the orchestrator is. Anderson has been treated unfairly according to this ex Bulldog.

He also can't see us getting out of this mess until there are changes at boardroom level. We have heard about the "toxic environment', he said that's an understatement.

Get ready for changes because the worst is still to come in the coming weeks EGM or no EGM.

Knowing what i know i have no reason to doubt an ex Bulldogs' word because he only want's to see the club back up the top.

On Barrett he thinks that he is a great choice of coach with the "smarts and knowledge of the game" like he was a player who this ex Bulldog played against.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh it's not bs. Anyway it doesn't matter until someone else is ready to step up, we're stuck with what we have and will just have to sit through a couple more years of monkeys trying to run the club

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Of course he will say that and I'm sure that is the case but it doesn't mean the board aren't divided.
Hill and Price do not get along. Anderson and Coorey are so divided they can't be in the same room. Take that as fact. I have heard this from an ex Bulldogs player who we all admire and he has no allegiance with anyone. I asked him is it a media beat up. He laughed and said there are internal people leaking to the media the infighting details. I will also mention this that there are people on the outside wanting to have Anderson gone that have caused some of the internal fighting to explode AND have gone to the media to discuss details. I will not mention who but you don't have to he Einstein to work out who the orchestrator is. He believes Anderson has been treated unfairly.

He also can't see us getting out of this mess until there are changes at boardroom level. We have heard about the "toxic environment', he said that's an understatement.

Get ready for changes because the worst is still to come in the coming weeks EGM or no EGM.

Knowing what i know i have no reason to doubt an ex Bulldogs' word because he only want's to see the club back up the top.

On Barrett he thinks that he is a great choice of coach with the "smarts and knowledge of the game" like he was a player who this ex Bulldog played against.
Thanks for that but nothing new mate.
Boards disagree all the time.
I’ve done it and there’s some testy moments.
The fact that there’s two boards in the Bulldogs organisation just makes it worse.
This has been going on at the Dogs FOREVER. It’s one reason I find the Laundy partnership intriguing and why I said when it was announced that this ‘has the potential to be much more than a name on a jumper’ - you can join the dots I’m sure. There’s been two other developments that reinforce a view I’m building and interested to see where it goes.

There might have to be changes on either or both boards - I’m not saying there’s no issues - everyone knows there are - but the talk of a member led EGM to spill is definitely overstated and won’t happen in my view. The media hysteria will die down too.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hill and Price do not get along. Anderson and Coorey are so divided they can't be in the same room. Take that as fact. I have heard this from an ex Bulldogs player who we all admire and he has no allegiance with anyone. I asked him is it a media beat up. He laughed and said there are internal people leaking to the media the infighting details. I will also mention this that there is a person/s on the outside with an agenda wanting to have Anderson gone. This person has caused some of the internal fighting to explode AND have gone to the media to discuss details. I will not mention who but you don't have to he Einstein to work out who the orchestrator is. Anderson has been treated unfairly according to this ex Bulldog.

Did Andrew Ryan tell you all this?

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for that but nothing new mate.
Boards disagree all the time.
I’ve done it and there’s some testy moments.
The fact that there’s two boards in the Bulldogs organisation just makes it worse.
This has been going on at the Dogs FOREVER. It’s one reason I find the Laundy partnership intriguing and why I said when it was announced that this ‘has the potential to be much more than a name on a jumper’ - you can join the dots I’m sure. There’s been two other developments that reinforce a view I’m building and interested to see where it goes.

There might have to be changes on either or both boards - I’m not saying there’s no issues - everyone knows there are - but the talk of a member led EGM to spill is definitely overstated and won’t happen in my view. The media hysteria will die down too.
I hate to say it but where there's smoke....... There are issues at play. There won't be an EGM for the Football club board unless a rival ticket materialises. I hope common sense prevails with egos put to one side in order to achieve the harmony we need to move forward. I'm sick of seeing our great club like the rabble we've become.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To me this seems like a poor time to be putting a new leadership group in charge of the football club. I'm assuming that we've got negotiations in play for players and staff. That will all fall apart if we get a new group in right now. If we aren't a significantly better team next year I have no issues with seeing the board up for reelection at a suitable time.

It seems like Coorey is probably seeing his job under threat and is agitating to save his job on the face of things. Deflecting the dissatisfied fans might actually save his job. I'd assume the EGM wouldn't tie in the leagues club board. By all means if he's guilty of harrassing women oust him. But the last thing I think we need is a new crew in charge of the football club needing months to find their feet when it's crucial to get results with our negotiations.

I'm not blindly supportive of our footy club board. This is a make or break time for them. Despite what their haters think, they worked towards this time to get our salary cap in order and the plan was to improve the roster heading into next year. We haven't signed a large group of new players. But we've got two pretty good signings and hopefully will get a few more if we don't roll over the boat because a few people think it's not sitting pretty enough in the water. I think the disruption would be incredibly counter productive at this stage.
Yep, absolutely correct. Whomever was in charge over the last 3 years would have been in for a hiding to nothing. They said that there was going to be tough times ahead & we all knew it. 2021 will be tough too because although we are back to square 1 with the cap, we now have to spend overs to get talent to the club because everybody has seen how poor we are. If we are lucky, we may snare a couple of bargains of unhappy players wanting to leave their current clubs looking for a fresh start. Hopefully there are a few players who want to play under Barrett as well. We shall see.

It's not going to be a Trump "super v' type recovery at all it's gonna take time. No finals next year, but perhaps 2022.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This madness could have been avoided...
Only if Hill and L. Anderson didn't extend Pay's contract and insured recruitment began in 2019 for the promised 2021 season rebuild.
I bet they wish they have done things differently !
We all wish it is only a media beat up and there are no divisions among the ranks but the sad truth it is very real.
Defending or attacking the management will not change anything or solve any problems, but the lack of essential recruitment is causing great unrest and fear of prolonging the pain we have suffered for many years now.
Does Lynne Anderson and Andrew Hill have the prowess to fix the problems ???
If they do...Why are there so many internal problems ???

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It wouldn't achieve anything and would just cause more instability and make the club look even worse.

Like it or not, we just have to wait and see who they sign for next year and ride it out with the current regime until the next scheduled election.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This madness could have been avoided...
Only if Hill and L. Anderson didn't extend Pay's contract and insured recruitment began in 2019 for the promised 2021 season rebuild.
I bet they wish they have done things differently !
We all wish it is only a media beat up and there are no divisions among the ranks but the sad truth it is very real.
Defending or attacking the management will not change anything or solve any problems, but the lack of essential recruitment is causing great unrest and fear of prolonging the pain we have suffered for many years now.
Does Lynne Anderson and Andrew Hill have the prowess to fix the problems ???
If they do...Why are there so many internal problems ???
If the situation is what I'm seeing from a long way from the action, Coorey is quite probably stirring things up as much as possible to save his job. He'd probably like to slip some money to those accusing him of the harrassment and carry on as normal. I'd think that having a female CEO in a sport that has always been dominated by men at boardroom level would mean she's been through some minor crap on her way to power and she wouldn't want to stand for it happening to others. And from a publicity point of view, if her and the football club board didn't act on the accusations and it went public, the media would crucify both her and the club.

We have months to sort out a decent working relationship between the board members that are supposedly undermining one another. Hopefully this crap is resolved fairly quickly.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Yep, absolutely correct. Whomever was in charge over the last 3 years would have been in for a hiding to nothing. They said that there was going to be tough times ahead & we all knew it. 2021 will be tough too because although we are back to square 1 with the cap, we now have to spend overs to get talent to the club because everybody has seen how poor we are. If we are lucky, we may snare a couple of bargains of unhappy players wanting to leave their current clubs looking for a fresh start. Hopefully there are a few players who want to play under Barrett as well. We shall see.

It's not going to be a Trump "super v' type recovery at all it's gonna take time. No finals next year, but perhaps 2022.
If you watch Griffin on NRL 360. He has the right approach, and I believe it will be the same one Barrett does. You need to get your junior pathways working, and get those players into the team. It's cheaper, and then when you go to the market, your only getting players you need outside of that. He also mentioned that it doesn't matter if a player is contracted currently, if you need him, there are ways to get them.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There are 7 positions on the Leagues Club Board, the Football Club is guaranteed 4 of those, the majority, that’s how the great man set it up. Deliberately, so that the Football Club is guaranteed to get whatever resources it needs. Not surprisingly there has always been “tension” between the 4 Football Club Board Members and the other 3 Leagues Club Board Members.

Personal issues notwithstanding that is all that is happening right now, what is different (not for the first time) is that the “tension” is being leaked to the media. It’s hardly in the Football Club‘s interest to leak, they have the majority, so it’s not difficult to work out where the leaks are coming from. It has generally happened when the team is not going well, which leaves the Football Club more vulnerable to media attacks.

This is pretty much the Leagues Club wanting to wrest control from the Football Club and they using the media as a tool in that power struggle. Making normal “tension” molehills into mountains, as if it hasn’t been tried before.

PS; when in doubt follow the money, it most often tells the real story.

Go Dogs

Last edited: