Search results

1. O

News We’ll get it sorted’: Burton plans lucrative, long-term stay at Belmore

I call BS….. provides a great opportunity to field additional offers. The golden rule for negotiation is “always negotiate from a position of strength” Call me a skeptic but he has had at least a month to review and respond to our offer. He may very well re-sign with us but it’s not a good...
  2. O

News Gus has been tough on me’: Dogs’ honesty session after Gould spray (SMH)

The way we have been playing I’m more inclined to think the image is of the boys having a bukkake session. No wonder JMK has such poor vision, he is likely caked in man fat.
  3. O

Ennis

I’m not too sure about Flanagan Snr but there is definitely an analytical role for Ennis at the club. While it’s only a dream I’d love to see Cronk employed as a halves consultant. His knowledge and expertise is outstanding.
  4. O

Flanagan Sr (Fox Coverage)

I’m not sure Flanagan Snr is the answer, truth be had I’m not too sure there is anyone of any great standing currently available.
  5. O

Official Kiraz Highlights Video

Let’s hope he can learn to step off his left foot. All bar one of the clips he moves to the right…. Won’t be long before opposition teams see this.
  6. O

Rumour Barrett is walking on thin ice

I asked Gus on Twitter if he could remember a time when he was involved in a club winning the wooden spoon….. surprisingly he did not respond.
  7. O

Some good dogs news coming

JMK has been released to the a Storm, effective immediately.
  8. O

Throw the money at Mitchell Moses for 2024

So Waddell is playing in the starting side and off the bench, what a novel idea. On the bright side silly posts like these will dry up soon as school is due back next week.
  9. O

Is this the first time we haven't improved after mass recruitment drive?

Unfortunately we have too much money tied up in the wrong players, hence we need to fill the gaps predominately with NSW Cup standard players. For too long the club has sought to spend big money on players hoping the sugar hit would fix the problem, unfortunately it hasn’t. Our team just...
  10. O

My team if (NO INJURIES)

FFS … I can’t wait until school holidays are over and the kids are back at school. Get a job and stop flooding the forum with stupid uneducated posts.
  11. O

Opinion Kyle Flanagan Take a bow

From all reports Cook has not developed as anticipated. Unfortunately at this time I don’t think he is the immediate answer.
  12. O

Opinion Why does this always happen?

When I was involved in coaching the challenge we gave our players was never to be the last player off the ground. For some reason we always have someone laying on their back when the opposition team is attacking our goal line. With someone out of the defensive line we are always susceptible to...
  13. O

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

I’ve been critical of Barrett but tonight is was a number of players that let the team down. Barrett’s completion rate was 100%, shame I couldn’t say the same for Duffy, Wakeham or Burns.
  14. O

Official Round 5 v Panthers Match Discussion

Put simply, the errors killed us. Baz can’t be blamed for the errors. Duffy is a confidence player, he was completely frazzled tonight. JMK tried hard but he simply is not good enough for the NRL. Wakeham provides little to nothing. It’s time to consider him a lost cause. Burns had a...
  15. O

Opinion Doesn’t matter who the half back is

I’m not sure the problem is in our halves. From what I’ve seen over the previous three years the problem has manifested in our forwards. When I continually see our forwards take three out of five hit ups (and sometimes four) in attacking positions then our opportunity to score is severely...
  16. O

News Flanagan back in from cold for Bulldogs (ESPN)

Call me a skeptic but I need to remain positive, particularly as there is a long season ahead….. Bulldogs by two. I’ll write the headlines now… Flanagan puts the bite back in the dogs Dogs Maul Panthers Dogs spoil the Panther party Take the piss if you wish…
  17. O

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

I’ll be honest, I really believed in Trent Barrett, I thought be would bring back attacking football and that we would be the envy of the NRL. Regrettably, I am now of the opinion that I have more chance of sharing a hot tub with Elle Macpherson and Pamala Anderson. It’s time to rip the...
  18. O

News BAZ SPOTTED IN SEA EAGLES SHEDS

Personally I don’t see the issue. At the end of the day it’s sport, not war. Many friendships are made in sport and at the end of 80 minutes true friendships are rekindled over a beer. GAFL
  19. O

Luke Brooks

Brooks….. no thank you. Is Jack Cogger available? He would play a great supporting role with Burton.
  20. O

Opinion Luke Thompson a bust signing?

Unimpressed with his contribution.
  21. O

‘He’s under big pressure’: Bulldogs recruits ‘surprised’ by Barrett’s pre-season approach

I call BS. As a commercial drone operator they have limited capacity to remain airborne for period greater than 35 minutes and there is an ongoing issue of using them around people. They have a place, but they offer very little.
  22. O

The importance of a top coach:

This this is why we need to get the kids back to school….. they have too much idle time to come up with irrelevant shit.
  23. O

Rumour Are we getting Paulo ?

You may just be right. Some of the die hard Parra fans believe he is fat and lazy. Personally he may have offered something but I think a highly mobile pack with Thompson play lock will be a revelation.
  24. O

No Source Thompson and Cotric to Potentially to Tigers

With Bailey Simonsson joining the the Eels in 2022, effective immediately, it opens the door for Cotric to return the the Raiders. It will be interesting to see if the Tigers up their offer, either way we may have seen the last of Cotric.
  25. O

Social Media Dolphins land their 2nd marquee man

The way things are going for the Dolphins it would not surprise me to see Kyle Flanagan announced as their next marquee signing…… I can only dream.
  26. O

Pangai Boxing?

The greatest risk to TPJ’s NRL career in that fight was sustaining a season ending shoulder injury. A couple of those upper-cuts caught nothing but fresh air.
  27. O

Is Barret the right man to lead us to a premiership?

2021 results can’t be attributed to Barrett. It wasn’t the team he recruited, more so it was the team he inherited. All of the players speak highly of him, they all speak about his coaching ability and vision. Don’t pull the trigger and judge him too early, wait until mid-season before throwing...
  28. O

Opinion V-Rex 2023!

The signing of Kikau is a major coup for the Bulldogs. Based on our signings for 2022 and 2023, the Bulldogs are now a very attractive option for players. This was certainly not the case 12 months ago when we were struggling to sign anyone of note. Now that Uncle Arthur is no longer a club...
  29. O

Rumour James Maloney

The night is usually all over by the time you grab the kebab. Whereas crispy frogs are bar snacks,,,,, if you’re munching on frogs legs, and washing them down with schooies then the night is young and you’re still in the game.
  30. O

Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Apologies if already posted. Brandon Smith as a 16 year old.
  31. O

Opinion Chanel Harris-Tavita

That my friend is a very poor attempt at humour. Brooks, FFS.
  32. O

Luke Thompson consolidated thread

While I admire Thompson, his judiciary record makes him a liability. Paying $750k and having him sit on the sidelines for a quarter of the season is just ludicrous. Even at the risk of contributing $450k of his salary, it frees up $300k to spend on someone who does not come with the same level...
  33. O

Sign Ryan James..

Horborgh has always played with passion. If he is available the Dogs should grab him. Can’t see him breaking the bank. Three offloads for the big fella, Katoa 2, no other forward provided an offload… Second phase football is what the game is about these days.
  34. O

News Who is he and why haven't we signed him?

My advice to him would be to pass the ball. Don’t try to take the line on early in the game …. Let the forwards fatigue and then open the throttle late in the first half.
  35. O

Loan players

Good on them for helping us out. Nothing but admiration.
  36. O

News PRAISE FOR BULLDOGS

Knowing our luck I’m surprised we didn’t get a letter from Craig Thomson.
  37. O

So, who is excited?

You’re a company man Alan, Australia needs good men like you; especially in a post pandemic environment when the ATO is looking to penalise hard work. From me to you, thank you.
  38. O

Official Round 19 Bulldogs V Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

I keep forgetting Allen is out there…. He is another that’s done nothing. The up side is he won’t need to wash his jersey.
  39. O

Good call…. Averillo needs a little time to reflect
  40. O

62 minutes into the game and the penalties are 6-0 …. This is unbelievable
  41. O

News Okunbor happy to spend two more years in the Dog house

Is it too late to rescind his contract…. Can’t catch, Can’t tackle, Can’t mark his player Can’t break the line. This bloke is a fraud.
  42. O

News Flanagan wants to bring success to Belmore

Agree. I’m happy to reserve judgment under Round 8 2022 when he is working behind a better pack.
  43. O

News BULLDOGS CLOSING IN ON SACKED DRAGONS STAR

Why….. the penalty was about penalising the player, not the club. The Bulldogs should not have to pay market price. Again, the penalty Vaughan has accepted is the loss of the final year of his $800k contract, in addition to what he would have been paid for the remainder of 2021. It will be...
  44. O

Opinion Fraud frontrow

Crack kills….. say no to drugs.
  45. O

The New Thread for Paul Vaughan

The problem for Vaughan’s management is that for every week that passes he is less attractive to another NRL team. He needs to get any potential contract squared away quickly to ensure his suspension does carry over into 2022.
  46. O

Official Matt Dufty signs with the Bulldogs for season 2022

The modem game under V'landys is about speed and keeping the game “in play”. The backline Baz has developed meets this criteria perfectly, we just need one of two big young mobile forwards and then I think we will have a well balanced side. Personally I’m not overly perturbed that B. Smith...
  47. O

Official Matt Dufty signs with the Bulldogs for season 2022

Just shows his dedication to his fitness, doing “extras” in his own time. Well done son.
  48. O

Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

It’s hard to get in the opposition’s half let alone their 20 when the 6 again is 10 - 5 against us, not to mention the penalties count. As I recently mentioned, the NRL is broken.
  49. O

Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

What about Starling’s try, wow… he is just electric
  50. O

There is a strong rumour doing the rounds that the Tigers have reconsidered their position and have tabled TPJ with another offer. As I said it’s just a rumour.
  51. O

Are you including JAC and Burton in your assessment?
  52. O

Opinion Woods,Klemmer, Pangai or Vaughan

If we did sign Vaughn immediately on minimum payments for this year we could burn his eight match suspensions and then kick off 2022 with Round 1. I’m not suggesting he should be a priority but he really isn’t in a position to negotiate if he wants to continue in the NRL. He could be an astute...
  53. O

Opinion Leadership - Why are the Bulldogs treated differently

I think you raise a fair point in relation to the requirement to isolate.
  54. O

Opinion Leadership - Why are the Bulldogs treated differently

SMH are reporting the Dragons are permitted to stand down their 13 players over a four week period to ensure the club can still field a team. This equates to standing down 3.25 players per week over the four week period, or more simply, three players per week for three weeks and then four...
  55. O

Gould is still being chased by the bulldogs!

For the previous five years we have slowly gone backwards year after year, to the point that we are almost a failed club. History has shown that failed clubs either merge or are forced to relocate, neither of which is palatable to me. Desperate times call for difficult decisions, we need to get...
  56. O

Biondi-Odo backed to shine for the Bulldogs in NRL debut

With limited opportunity he did okay. I’d like to see him have a decent opportunity at hooker.
  57. O

Josh Jackson

Unfortunately Josh is another player who is draining our salary cap. He just doesn’t provide what we need in the modern game. Watching the game today he reminded me of Gallen before he retired. Slow, one dimensional and a liability in defence. I acknowledge that he has been a good soldier for...
  58. O

Official Round 16 Bulldogs V Sea Eagles - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

It’s a really hard slog watching the same crap every week, unfortunately I don’t know what the answer is to fix the issues.
  59. O

Announcement soon!

I’m eagerly waiting for some numpty to intimate a signing by posting a cat video.
  60. O

News Aidan Sezer plans NRL return at Bulldogs in 2022

Flanagan is a confidence player, he needs a couple of weeks in reggies to get some confidence back. I’d consider speaking to Cogger. Personally I think Cogger would be a great partner for Burton, he certainly wasn’t afraid to take the line on. Failing that he has a level of toughness about...
  61. O

DWZ consolidated thread

I like your thinking..... He won’t break the bank and we should be able to put some change in our pocket,
  62. O

+ and - from the Panthers game

Good overview. It would be nice to see a comparison with Penrith.
  63. O

Brandon Smith consolidated thread

It’s time for the CEO to coordinate a couple of third party sponsors with deep pockets. Bega Cheese would be a great start.
  64. O

Nicho Hynes

With his effort last night I think he has priced himself out of the market. It is unlikely that we have a spare $600k floating in the kitty. My fear is that if this sort of money was offered, it would be at the detriment of securing a top class hooker. It comes back to what our priorities are...
  65. O

Nicho Hynes

I understand he is on a trial and train contract with the Parklea Pigs. Apparently they are also in negotiations with De Belin, Sailor and Hopoate.
  66. O

Nicho Hynes

For $350k a year sign the kid now and then work on the front row. I’ve had enough of forking out good money for underperforming plodders.
  67. O

Opinion Cotric

He just needs to return the ball hard and straight and use his big body to break the line, Unfortunately continues to “shuffle” just before the line of defence losing all his speed and then gets dominated. Reminds me a of how they use to described Dane Carlaw., looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
  68. O

Brandon Smith consolidated thread

Spot on. I just wish there was a filter to remove individuals from the posting timeline.
  69. O

Salary cap wastage/desperation

I had high hopes for Cotric. The guy is a monster and plays like a cat. He need to run hard and straight. He always pulls the handbrake on just before the line and puts on a little stutter, taking away his forward momentum.
  70. O

Salary cap wastage/desperation

You can add Cotric to the list.
  71. O

Fox Sports Joe Tapine - Could He Be On The Outer At Raiders

Tapine is Canberra’s version of Elliot. We certainly don’t need more of the same.
  72. O

Fox Sports Joe Tapine - Could He Be On The Outer At Raiders

Any spouse that believes that have the right to question the coach or the club, especially in a public forum is a big red flag for me. Chloe Klemmer comes to mind ...
  73. O

Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

If true, what are the chances the deal has already been done. I just don’t understand why we released Smith but now I’m thinking that he may have been part of a Smith deal once Grant has been completely imbedded back into the Storm system.
  74. O

Opinion Switching teams

With philosophy like that lets hope that your future children don’t evolve any further than cum stains on your bed sheets.
  75. O

Opinion Switching teams

Champ If you want to support another team you can piss off with your boyfriend and give each other wristies. True Bulldog supporters don’t have another team, we only have one team. You’re either a true supporter or you’re not. Got it?
  76. O

Opinion Switching teams

Yep, piss off and don’t come back you soft(0(k. Anyone who can’t support their team through the tuff times is a heartless pri(k. Admins, ban this turd.
  77. O

IS there really any point in playing this game this week?

Judging by some of these comments I find it atrocious that some so called supporters criticise the team for under preforming and lack of heart yet those same supporters are the ones that have already given up. If my team is not good for you to support then go find another team.. Whinging...
  78. O

Melbourne! Is there any hope?

Whenever we put a team on the field I’m always confident.
  79. O

Flanno is a fraud

FFS, give the kid a chance. He is targeted week in - week out by opposition teams . It doesn’t take a coaching genius to target Flanagan, simply because coaches are aware that be don’t have another option. Those that are banging on blaming Barrett and Flanagan for our current predicament are...
  80. O

Opinion Salary Cap isn't working

There are a number of improvements that could occur with the cap Namely: a) Players are categorised into two tiers, Imported and Developed. Import players are players who were not promoted to the NRL through the development pathway of their current club. Developed players are players who...
  81. O

Barrett the worst coach in NRL history

Personally I think TBaz is doing a good job with what he has to work with. Most of us agree that we need to recruit for a number of positions so until he has a group that he can work with how about we just cool the jets and accept that we are in this for the long haul. Overall, the loss of...
  82. O

News Why it might take a decade for the Bulldogs to turn things around

The whole sorry saga sits squarely at the feet of three individuals.... Dib, Castle and Hasler. You can roll it in glitter as much as you like, but what they did to my club was culpable. Their names should be removed from the history books of this once proud club.
  83. O

News Why it might take a decade for the Bulldogs to turn things around

Source: SMH - Andrew Webster Date: 02Apr21 The Bulldogs handed the keys to Willie Mason in 2000. Not the keys to the Ferrari, or the Subaru WRX Impreza STI Version 5 for that matter, but Jason Hetherington’s smelly old locker at Belmore Sportsground. “This is yours now,” Hetherington told...
  84. O

News Matt Burton wants out

Burton isn’t coming this year, it’s time to let it go and get behind the team.
  85. O

News Rabbitohs happy Marshall's move to Bulldogs fell over

There is another player out there who can play a very similar role as Benji and help our halves .. Gareth Widdop. I may be wrong but I heard he is still in Australia. .... he would be a fair signing just for this year
  86. O

Opinion Belief

Regardless of the team I approach every week believing we can win, this weekend won’t be any different. Yes we need to improve in lots of areas and we need more than a little luck, but that doesn’t dampen my enthusiasm to support the team. I’ve supported the team through the salary cap...
  87. O

Should we sign Naden ?

Naden is a good option. Based on cost alone I’d rather Naden than Staggs as it leaves more money to contribute to new forwards.
  88. O

4 Moments That Broke Us

I believe that someone recently said the players are not sticking to the plan.......From a defensive perspective examples 1, 2 and 4 clearly identify lapses by certain individuals
  89. O

SACK BARRETT!!!!

And the Storm culture was built around the Australian captain and hooker) the Australian fullback and the Australian halfback..... as new players joined the team they were indoctrinated into the culture. Canterbury does not have a culture and it needs to start developing one. Unfortunately...
  90. O

SACK BARRETT!!!!

I’m more than a little perplexed why Barrett is being used as the scapegoat. What’s happening now is a result of neglecting the development of our juniors under the regime of Dib, Castle and Hassler. I’ll be the first to acknowledge that I wasn’t a fan of Barrett when he was signed as the...
  91. O

SACK BARRETT!!!!

The good news is we can’t get too much worse. I’d be more worried if we are producing the same results this time next year. It might be timely to consider releasing some of those that won’t be signed next year to free up positions in the top 30. If I was looking to be critical of TB, it would...
  92. O

Opinion Could the Fox be our rockstar fullback?

JAC must be wondering what he has signed himself up for in 2022, his only hope is a get out clause.
  93. O

Unwelcome Matt: Why Penrith snubbed invite to Bulldogs’ Bankwest suite

Even if we pickup Burton tomorrow I’d doubt there would make any difference to the team. Until the forwards develop a platform for the halves to work behind we are up the creek. The club executive need to quickly identify four upcoming forwards who are looking for an opportunity to establish...
  94. O

The NRLOL cap is a joke!

Gould developed a five year plan for the Panthers, I believe it took a little longer but it has certainly set them up extremely well. I believe we are at least three years away from becoming competitive. While we had cash to spent this year, there is still a lot of deadwood eating into our...
  95. O

Brandon Smith or bust

Smith has never been the answer ..... I’m perplexed why people persist with suggesting he is the answer to our missing 9
  96. O

Corey Waddell

Despite a few minor issues, personally I though he want well. He certainly didn’t look out of place.
  97. O

Nick Meaney

Allen had an absolute shocker of a game, however I’d give him another couple of runs at FB before considering to move him to the centre’s of wing. If this was to occur Meaney has to move to fullback. He has a ton of potential which historically has been under-utilised. Watching the game last...
  98. O

Opinion Mason on Twitter

Signing Segeyaro would be like signing yourself up to having a ticking time bomb tied around your neck ...... everyone knows that the bomb will explode, the ticking is loud and clear, the unknown is when. Bikers associate, Cory Norman, alcohol ..... tick tick tick.... No thank you.