Rumour Barrett is walking on thin ice

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan would fit the dogs BUT he wont cop interference from Gould so you would have to think it wont happen. Outside the box I think a bloke like Slater would be worth a crack on a one year deal to see if he is as capable as I think he will be. I get the feeling he will be a pretty ruthless coach once he gets going plus he will cop a degree of interference from Gould.
Billy will be a Fitzgibbon style Coach . Learnt under Bellamy ..

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What other coaches available besides Flanno Snr?
Kristen Woolf but doubt he would leave St Helens who won last 3 or 4 comp over there . The other choice but it would be long odds is England coach Shaun Wane ex Wigan coach who won a number of titles over there he said if the chance to coach in the nrl he would jump at the chance

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon the 2 coaches I would go either Flanagan snr or Kristen Woolf

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Man the sharks are flying at the moment. They look fit and look fast and look like they have trained together. That’s the type of coach we need, also they need a good team around them not a fat friend pretending to be a high performance coach.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
We cannot take a gamble on a rookie coach. We need someone with experience in coaching nrl/super league and build from there.
The NRL trend is to Recruit assistants from successful Clubs
Fitzgibbon and stone (roosters)
Barret (Penrith)
And a few under Bellamy and Bennethave branched out

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett will be gone in the next few weeks, per sources at the club. Gus is already looking at replacements for 2023 and beyond. A meeting will be held on Tuesday to decide his future / time frame before sacking. He's a dead man walking unfortunately.
The Bulldogs board have another problem, the more we lose by big scores - if they don’t change things - they will lose potential members and existing members. Why would people keep spending their hard earned money and watched what’s is served up each week. Baz doesn’t try and even mix up the game plan so I think it will be easy to let him go by the end of the year, pay him out for next year and approach a more experienced coach to take the reigns. Flanagan does appear the only option.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting Flanno Snr means Kyle becomes long term halfback. Do you all really want that?
Maybe he’s the only one to get the best out of his son. Kyle does seemed to have gotten better since he’s came back into the side. But it’s up to the coach to make players gel. Baz is not great at getting the players to gel and preform. Nice guy and all but we need someone who won’t accept losses and find a way to make the players believe they can win.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I asked Gus on Twitter if he could remember a time when he was involved in a club winning the wooden spoon….. surprisingly he did not respond.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz has left Gus with no option. I'm sure Gus would rather fire him over the offseason but these performances are unacceptable. 4 wins and 27 losses is pathetic and can't be tolerated any longer. What's insane is that so many fans have defended Baz's record and coaching even until now.
But but but we had to play all the hard teams, it’s not fair. Let’s see how he goes once we have Kikua, Mahoney, and Jerome Hughes and Reece Walsh and Staggs and ….